How have the Alpha Legion survived until now?

Cyrox

Someone once brought up the idea of Alpha going rogue with the intetion of fighting for the imperium in the background and getting involved with chaos almost by accident. It makes me think it's possible tha tAlpha Legion in it's current form today has absolutely nothing at all to do with Alpha Legion from the heresy.

That's the impression i'm given about Night Lords, another legion that more or less dwells in real space. After awhile, do they even really remember what they were fighting for in the first place?

• 2 weeks later...
it's also mentioned somewhere in the DoW trilogy (the books) that the Alphas are recruiting people in Imperial space... but then CS Goto's Alphas are definitely "proper" chaos worshipers, so I don't like them and I choose to ignore them in the hope that the Alphas turn out to be good all along...

• 2 weeks later...
Someone once brought up the idea of Alpha going rogue with the intetion of fighting for the imperium in the background and getting involved with chaos almost by accident. It makes me think it's possible tha tAlpha Legion in it's current form today has absolutely nothing at all to do with Alpha Legion from the heresy.

I agree with this, During the Heresy the Alpha Legion had a different agenda that what Horus wanted. The Legion today looks like it only wants to hamper the Imperium.

Alpha Legion have always been loyal to the Emperor and the Emperor alone.

The Imperium is thier enemy not mankind they work to destablize the Imperium.

When you really think about it the High Lords of Terra are as evil as Khorne himself.

Everything in the Emperors name but these 12 indiviuals reap the bounty never once doing a thing to improve mankind.

That is why mankind faltered after the Heresy,Greed as long as it remains status quo the High Lords have no reason to push us foward.

They work in cells, given the nature of going behind the enemy lines(EoT)some will enevitably fall to chaos and worship deamons.

Maybe sometimes they summon a deamon so the Word Bearers cannot gain access to him and have the deamon destroy a world with no signifgance rather than a Major hiveworld like the Word Bearers would have done if they summoned him.

I belive they have spys in every legion and do so til this day.

They are everywhere and they are nowhere

They are Alpha Legion and will strike when the time is right,no one Legion can take on the Imperium.

But if the Imperium is under attack from all sides by all foes

Which is the tacic Alpharuis's used.

They will be in position to take over and free the Emperor when the End is near.

Good sum up of the AL esinhorn. I never did like the bureaucratic way of the 41,000 Imperium. The people who run is are oversuspicious of everything. I think the Tau are a good illustration of that, they want to avoid war with the Imperium of man, but they are met with open hostility.

Thats why I had high hopes when I first read the Soul Drinkers book.

A chapter going against the Imperium but not falling to chaos.

Then it got into all that mutation stuff and lost me.

The Alpha Legion aren't evil...Nor good, they work for survival. I would say, since the heresy, most have forgotten what they are fighting for, I'm sure some are rebels but not Chaos, Rebels but worship the Gods, and one of the Primarch Twins bunch still fight for themselves, and what they think, is the Emperors true word...All in all, some have lost there way, others are just fighting for there survival, and to bring the Imperial back to grace, even if that mean recking the current one, and raising a new one...ALSO, the Smurfs hate them, and the boys in blue DEMAND respect.

They work in cells, given the nature of going behind the enemy lines(EoT)some will enevitably fall to chaos and worship deamons.
All in all, some have lost there way, others are just fighting for there survival, and to bring the Imperial back to grace
I disagree.

The Alpha Legion bear the Hydra as a reminder of their ultimate unity in body and spirit, as well as symbol of their intern structure. Being able to follow a common cause, despite being spread out all over the galaxy is one of their defining traits. And they are certainly not reluctant towards Chaos nor benevolent towards the Imperium.

There have been Sisters of Battle who fell to Chaos it could happen to just about anyone.

Out of the 10,000 some odd marines in his legion I'm sure a few have been tricked into chaos

I do agree 98% of them are all on the same playbook,working toward the same goals

I'm sure I once read somewhere that due to the Alpha Legion still appearing more like loyalist marines than spike festooned chaos marines they are often able to resupply on backwater worlds where the population has no idea they aren't loyal. Thus they are able to pass themselves off as loyal, requisition whatever they want and then scarper.

A common theme in the fiction is that looking on chaos symbols affects loyal imperial citizens (headaches, nausea, blurred vision, dizziness, feelings of dread). It would seem reasonable to assume then that the AL don't have 8-pointed stars and other iconography all over their armour; if they did then they wouldn't be able to pull off the deception.

"For the Emperor!" :huh:

Nope, the ALs resupply and recruitment methods were never detailed in any of the Chaos Codices (hence this thread) - the closest thing to that were Inquisitor Kravins theories featured in their Index Astartes, which earned him the suspicion of his fellow Inquisitors. Index Astartes further mentions them using enemy colors (and armour as described in the report about the battle of Eskrador) and Imperial Armour V tells how a whole warband uses loyalist pattern armour in order to sneak towards the rebel army of Vraks (however they re-adorn their armour with blasphemous symbols after siding with the rebels).

Archived