Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

South Africa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

B_Q

B_Q

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Got back into the game a couple of weeks ago and i'm looking for some one whose keen to paint (I prefer doing it in the company of other like minded individuals) and play. If there is anyone out there that stays in the region of Constantia,Hout Bay or just in the southern suburbs area!?

Severian

Severian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 36 posts
I realize this might be a bit late if we take the original date of posting into account but go and take a look at Warhammergenerals you will find a lot of SA players and quite a few from the Cape. Best of luck bud.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

liriel

liriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Hello guys , I am new on this forum and i just moved from london the to cape town, and sadly the hobby is really, really not as developped here... i am really struggling to find fellow hobbyist..... if anyone would like to join me for a few battles or painting sessions please answer! :(

Brother-Flame

Brother-Flame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts
I think all SA members should just give a shout here so everyony knows who the SA guys are!

BTW on warhammergenerals I'm Carnage
Walk softly.
Carry a big gun.
And if you can carry a huge one, even BETTER!!!!

You know you're a Templar when you throw Neophytes at the enemy instead of grenades, and then charge with your Power Helmet and win the assault by 3 headbutts.

Kinzel

Kinzel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
Yeah sounds like a plan.
I'm from PE. Kinda sucks cos there's not even a hobby store here anymore. East London is my closest :P
Don't feed the DeathStar..

Brother-Flame

Brother-Flame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts
I'm from JHB
extremewargaming.co.za
or maelstrom.co.uk
these are your best bets!!!
Walk softly.
Carry a big gun.
And if you can carry a huge one, even BETTER!!!!

You know you're a Templar when you throw Neophytes at the enemy instead of grenades, and then charge with your Power Helmet and win the assault by 3 headbutts.

Thantoes

Thantoes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts
Must be a change going from the UK to back home. I was there last year and the prices on minis alone!!!! Something like R480 for a box of tac marines at Slaters in East London.

"It is not our battle barges and bolters, our lascannons and melta bombs that will bring us victory. These are merely devices of destruction. It is our will to wield them without compromise, to unleash righteous devastation in the Emperor's name, which will bring us victory. Hate these foes! Hate them with every fibre of your being. Hate them in your hearts and despise them in your souls. Purge them with flamer and sword and be happy at their deaths." - Chaplain Cassius

"We commend our souls to the Emperor. Let the story of our sacrifice burn across history like a shooting star. For Death and for Glory - for the Ultramarines!" - Veteran Sergeant Lucian Ventris. 745.M41

My Ultramarine "Hall of Honour" Thread can be found Here

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,159 posts

Got back into the game a couple of weeks ago and i'm looking for some one whose keen to paint (I prefer doing it in the company of other like minded individuals) and play. If there is anyone out there that stays in the region of Constantia,Hout Bay or just in the southern suburbs area!?

Yo matey - we have a Southern Suburbs gaming group that meets every wednesday and sunday. Theyre having an apoc game this Saturday too.

DOH- just checked the date of this- if you're around though, PM me. Ill keep you posted.
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Kinzel

Kinzel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
Heya guys.
So I just moved up to Joburg and I was wondering what my options are for hobby stores? Haven't played in years but I would really like to get back into it.
Anywhere you guys recommend?
Don't feed the DeathStar..

synack

synack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

Heya guys.
So I just moved up to Joburg and I was wondering what my options are for hobby stores? Haven't played in years but I would really like to get back into it.
Anywhere you guys recommend?

There is a good club called Warzone or Warfair or something in JHB where lots of the guys play. Otherwise jump on warhammer generals and you should easily be able to find some one or somewhere to play.

alpha marine

alpha marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
Hi there

recently moved to joberg from george. i now frequent a club in randburg near northgate called Theunderground. loads of cool people and cluded up players.

http://www.facebook....und/23798052432 for those who want to have a look!

DarkCrusader

DarkCrusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
Hey,I'm from Durbs and just wandering if anyone else wanna set up some games or if there's a club? ;)
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Gamer-freak16

Gamer-freak16

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
Is everyone here on the other side of South Africa. We really need to get more durban players, hey DarkCrusader. What do You think?

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,159 posts
Yup yup :huh: Almost all from way up in Jozi or down here in the Cape :D
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

DarkCrusader

DarkCrusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
Right now..Gaming in Durban is buying out dated white dwarfs from CNA and trying to make do with normal clay(instead of the modelling type).
Apparently there is only one official club down here as well...
Sad... ;)
So,my friends and I are putting together a club(Gamer-freak,another space marine player and a tau player..and myself of course)
So...We have a club made up of four people,three are space marine players and a tau player....
We need to bring Warhammer to Durban with a shock!
It doesn't help that our registered hobby shop only has some ancient bottles of citadel paints that look like they have turned to dust in the bottles... :lol:
Yeah...that is gaming here in Durban... ;)
Any Durbanites wanting to join the club,PM me :P
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Gamer-freak16

Gamer-freak16

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts

Right now..Gaming in Durban is buying out dated white dwarfs from CNA and trying to make do with normal clay(instead of the modelling type).
Sad... :)
So,my friends and I are putting together a club(Gamer-freak,another space marine player and a tau player..and myself of course)
So...We have a club made up of four people,three are space marine players and a tau player....
It doesn't help that our registered hobby shop only has some ancient bottles of citadel paints that look like they have turned to dust in the bottles... :D
Yeah...that is gaming here in Durban... -_-

Ok we going to really need to get a lot (yes Darkcru I spelt it right) of people if we want to pull this off so please your help will be appreciated (ok don't know if I spelt that right). :geek:

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,159 posts

Sad... :)
It doesn't help that our registered hobby shop only has some ancient bottles of citadel paints that look like they have turned to dust in the bottles... :D
Yeah...that is gaming here in Durban... -_-

Ok we going to really need to get a lot (yes Darkcru I spelt it right) of people if we want to pull this off so please your help will be appreciated (ok don't know if I spelt that right). :geek:

You guys should try get into contact with Nigel and Dante of the CT battlebunkers. We now have 4 Battlebunker hobby stores in CT and its growing fast. They are franchising the concept too, so - worthwhile having a chat. If you only have one store there, means tehres room for expansion.

Corbulo Tactica

The Highlander

The Highlander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
Sup guys I live in Joburg myself, and theirs a gaming club by Galloulies I think, and at Northgate Corner shopping centre there's a general hobby shop that sells quite a bit of 40k ( mostly smurfs of course but have been expanding their selection) and then right opposite them is a gaming club.
Hope I helped any potential gamers

M@verik115

M@verik115

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 755 posts

Im from jhb and also on warhammer generals. thumbsup.gif

My Youtube Channel 'Maverik 115'

darkseren1ty

darkseren1ty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 545 posts
I think most of the guys in Durbs know me.. Was feeling a bit nostalgic going thru these posts. From 4 people to... Well... A couple dozen and new players joining every week/month, it's been a trying ordeal, but war gaming is finally starting to grow here, despite GWs outrageous prices and the state of the Rand.

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

SupremacY

SupremacY

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

I think most of the guys in Durbs know me.. Was feeling a bit nostalgic going thru these posts. From 4 people to... Well... A couple dozen and new players joining every week/month, it's been a trying ordeal, but war gaming is finally starting to grow here, despite GWs outrageous prices and the state of the Rand.

http://warhammergene...t=14250#p171471

SupremacY

SupremacY

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Im from jhb and also on warhammer generals. thumbsup.gif

http://warhammergene...t=14250#p171471  :)