New Zealand

Zoanthrope1138

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am moving to New Zealand from the UK towards the end of July. I will be living in both the Woolston and Sumner areas of Christchurch, and was wondering if any B&C members were local to these areas? I have been into the hobby for roughly 15 years and once worked in the Winchester (UK) store (although I left to go traveling)! I play Warhammer 40,000, LOTR and have dabbled in Warhammer and Inquisitor. I've also got an un-opened Battle of Five armies!

I'll be bringing all my models along (although it may be a couple of months before they arrive and clear customs) and, as I will not know anyone except my wife's family, would like to see if anyone would like to show me around the NZ wargaming scene?

I look forward to your responses.

James

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi all,

I am moving to New Zealand from the UK towards the end of July. I will be living in both the Woolston and Sumner areas of Christchurch, and was wondering if any B&C members were local to these areas? I have been into the hobby for roughly 15 years and once worked in the Winchester (UK) store (although I left to go traveling)! I play Warhammer 40,000, LOTR and have dabbled in Warhammer and Inquisitor. I've also got an un-opened Battle of Five armies!

I'll be bringing all my models along (although it may be a couple of months before they arrive and clear customs) and, as I will not know anyone except my wife's family, would like to see if anyone would like to show me around the NZ wargaming scene?

I look forward to your responses.

James

I hope you like earthquakes! I'm from Christchurch also, I play with the Cavaliers on Thursdays at the St. Albans/Shirley club.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
im looking for a gaming club either in Auckland city or the North Shore (Waitakere is fine, too), can anyone direct me to a place with a good atmosphere, not too competitive with but still with more mature players

http://aucklandcityguard.blogspot.co.nz/p/about.html <-- there is these guys, they meet every sunday 1-5pm and are pretty good bunch. You could always meet people and organise games outside of the club. Believe first time is free too.

• 4 months later...
I just moved to Wellington and am disappointed to see that the local scene is a ghost town! I hear there are still plenty of people playing at home etc. Please let me know if anyone in the Wellington area wants a game some time!

• 3 weeks later...
I just moved to Wellington and am disappointed to see that the local scene is a ghost town! I hear there are still plenty of people playing at home etc. Please let me know if anyone in the Wellington area wants a game some time!

If your still looking for a game in wellington there are a couple clubs..

I think Warlords is still running their based in Karori they must use a school hall

or sum thing and get together every fortnight? im sure they got a website

There was a wargaming club in Upper Hutt but i dont know where they are now

and not sure if any one plays 40k there ..i wouldnt even know about the Kapiti Coast

Warlords is probably the best place to start looking for a game ,meet n greet and all that stuff...

• 6 months later...

Hey guys

just looking back at the old 40k scene. Havnt really played since highschool (which was a few years ago now) and my Black Templars are in a cupboard gathering dust. i havnt had the chance to check out the new codex or some of the new play rules. maybe i should check it out sometime.

BTW im in West Auckland

• 1 month later...

Me and my friend are kinda recent to the warhammer scene, but are really looking for some games in Taupo if anyone is there? Haha we have a very small underground warhammer group but we rarely meet, its usually just my friend handing my ass to me every weekend.....bloody dark angels......

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone from 2015.

I have a fb group, over 100 members for 40k 30k, just fb search auckland heresy 30k/40k

Im Mitchell btw

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...