How to face a Drop Pod of Sternguard?

Gentlemanloser

The 'Template' weapon has no Strength value. It always causes a wound on a 4+. It’s called Wind of Chaos, and yes, it’s very cool! Broken? No. Sternguard are broken, but Wind of Chaos, nah, not in the slightest compared to Sternguard.

Steve

So a shooty attack (that can't be foiled by anti Psychic abilities/wargear, unlike the Chaos Version...) that automatically hits, wounds anything 50% of the time, offers no Armour save nor Cover save is fine?

Seriously? Or am I missing the sarcasm?

What doesn't it have that would otherwise make it broken then? Unlimited Range? 12" Move and being able to be shot after a sucessful DS off of an Icon get round the drawbacks of Template Range quite nicely...

hey if they are going to hit you with ap 3 shots the is not much that can be done about it. I agree with using cover to get some sort of save, if you really want the unit to survive as best as they can, take advantage of go to ground if your in cover 4+ going to ground is going to give you 3+ whick negates those ap 3 shots anyway. If not in cover go to ground anyway to at least get a 6+ save it better than none at all. If you have a support squad, after you opponents turn hit the sterns as hard as you can I not sure if this works but if your unit has gone to ground it clears up you true line of sight and the sternguard wont get a 4+ cover save if you hit them with ap 3 or higher weapons I hope this helps

Nope. They aren't AP3. But thier Template psychic power, sorry, shooting attack, gives no armour saves. And as a Template, you get no cover saves either.

Joy.

Stupidly broken unit that.

they are 35 points with one wound and a 4+, not THAT great.

Otherwise for sternguard I think you are just going to have to charge him once he's done blasting you to pieces. Something like an assault squad with two flamers and lightning claws. Charge him and it's over. Sternguard are good, you just need something deadly that is cheaper than them

One thing you can do is hide in your transports. With several combi-meltas and splitting into combat squads there is a good chance you'll lose the transport and maybe a couple marines but drop-podding a 250+point squad and only bagging a rhino and maybe 3-4 marine probably isn't a great tactical maneuver.

One thing you can do is hide in your transports. With several combi-meltas and splitting into combat squads there is a good chance you'll lose the transport and maybe a couple marines but drop-podding a 250+point squad and only bagging a rhino and maybe 3-4 marine probably isn't a great tactical maneuver.

Unless that Transport is a Land Raider packed with Terminators :mellow:

Archived