WIP Castigators

Hi all, after getting my arse in gear and photographing my army I thought I should chart the course of the two characters currently planned for the army.

First up is 4th company captain Timon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Cormack/Castigators/DSCF0777.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Cormack/Castigators/DSCF0779.jpg

As you can see he is still at the basic stages of construction. he will be carrying this sword,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Cormack/Castigators/DSCF0781.jpg

So thoughts on him please gents. he will have various details hanging from the chain on the banner and I intend to build an armoured cowling for the combi weapon but do you think he needs anything else conversionwise to make him look more 'captainy'? Myself and Molotov were talking about making him a deathwatch veteran which would involve adding a dw pad pus other gubbins.

c&c is obviously welcome so over to you.

I'm not a huge fan of the combi-plas. It's just too big and too much like a plasma gun. It looks like you'd only get one shot out of the bolter, instead of the other way around.

Other than that, though, Timon is looking good! The pose is great, and he's looking very Captainy. Is he going to be holding the sword reversed? Unless I'm losing my mind, that looks like a right hand on the hilt of the sword, and it's going on his left arm, right?

First off that is an awesome model, and i think making him a deathwatch vet is a great ideas, in terms of adding things i always like using long flowing purity seals, i saw an awesome example of this where two purity seals wound their way down a force staff. I always feel they give a model a greater sense of motion too, e.g have them flowing to enhance movement or wind, or if he is turning etc.

Looking forward to seeing this guy finished!

- tal

He's looking great! I'm amazed by how the motion of that model has changed (and been improved) so much through relatively simple alterations. I love the chain on the banner and the metal Iron Halo (what's that from, by the way? Celestine?)

I'd agree with Barret that the combi-plasma (or should that be plasma-bolter? :D) is a little big. It's an interesting take on it, though.

Keep in mind that returning Deathwatch Veterans don't have to display the shoulderpad, it's just many of them choose to do so. The =][= on his backpack along with any of the other charms and doo-dads (perhaps something on his greave or one of his kneepads) would let you say that he's been in the Deathwatch in the past.

I really think he's going to turn out to be a great addition to your force. Can't wait for more updates!

Archived