Whatpart of the Herasy would you like to see inthe next Book

HelbrechtBT

Scars were the only force to actually break out of the palace grounds. They had to take the fight to the traitor legions while the Blood Angels managed to white hat their way into a bigger place in the story line.

They didn't break out of the Palace grounds, they position themselves for hit and run attacks before the traitors got there as that was their specialty and being stuck as defenders would have been anathema to them.

Blood Angels are famous for the Siege because they held the Eternity Gate last (with Sanguinius being the last of the last to leave) and when Sanguinius was killed they all went berserk and charged the enemy, finally breaking the Chaos forces resolve after the Sons of Horus retreated when Horus died.

The Imperial Fists and loyalists forces thought that the Blood Angels doing their berserk charge was a result of sorcery to pick the legions off one at a time, but when the ferocity of the Blood Angels maddening attack (a whole LEGION of death company anyone?) starting breaking the Chaos Legions (coupled with the EC not helping much while they beat and pillaged the countryside, and that the Sons of Horus were retreating as well) the rest of the loyalist forces charged as well effectively ending the siege.

I'd say it's safe to say that all the loyalist legions have good reason for being famous for the Siege of Terra. They all did a pretty good job.

Malachi n'Ral Posted Today, 05:08 PM

They didn't break out of the Palace grounds, they position themselves for hit and run attacks before the traitors got there as that was their specialty and being stuck as defenders would have been anathema to them.

I believe they broke out and retook the Lion's Gate spaceport, halving the flow of traitor reinforcements.

Yes they did retake the space port.

I would like to see some more SW fighting (anybody) preferably the WE. Who carse if its not canon. they are making things up as they go with this series so i say make a big part of the heresy about the wolves fighting the WE

Me too Brother, i want to see Russ take down Magnus, then a book on, like, the Thousnd Sons history, why they used sorcery and so on and how Tzeentch convinced them to fight for him.

dunno if its been said yet in this thread, but i'd like to see a book centered around the raven guard... a book that shows what happened both before and after Istvaan, but leaving Istvaan itself out (as i think its been pretty well covered thus far)

also, id like to see the Salamanders more than just the smidgin they got in Fulgrim.

• 2 months later...

For Konrad Kurze, have you tried "Lord of the night"? I would like to see more of Zso Sahaal and is accions during the heresy.

Corax, Vulkan and the Khan have been forgotten until now. One will be at the siege of Terra, so the other two could share a novel about their accions after istavan, specially how Corax start creating is own SM.

Leaving the primarchs on the side, we havnt heard a lot about the xenos and the way they saw the heresy, and humans in general.

I also would like to know what happened to the Interex.

Where have all the World Eater supporters gone?! :)

I would love to read about Angron's past before he took charge of the World Eaters as well as his eventual downfall with Chaos. I guess the book would follow similar format like Decent of Angels or flash backs during some conflict the WE's had before the Heresy.

Word Bearers, Night Lords, White Scars and Iron Warriors need some love to!

One Can only hope...

There are some problems with a lot of this ZOMFG! My Legion next! Or death to the BL!!!

Firstly, unless they go back to Pre Heresy, and almost pre crusade stuff then the Raven Guard, Sallies and IH are done. And if they do watch these forums, they aren't going to do that, because you didn't like it when they looked at the Lion in Descent of Angels - you all whined that it was basically an overly long prolouge. You can't have it both ways, I'm afraid.

For the Iron Hands, Sallies and Raven Guard they are done until after the heresy, as the battle for Istvaan V has been done.

Hopefully Tales Of Heresy will fill in a few blanks and tell some stories that don't need a full book to do.

As we all now know, The Angels and Wolves are having their turn next (And the Thousand Sons, but they're getting curb stomped so they don't count :P )

So, we still have the Siege itself, hopefully over a couple of books covering the whole over taking of the System.

Tallern would be fun (Massed, massed tank warfare)

As said, the BA v WE would be nice, as would Calth - both must be in the works by now.

Other contenders would be the Iron Warriors and they're stuff, though that could tie in with Tallarn (or vice versa)

I'd like to see some of the inital dealings of the Inquisition during the end of the heresy, as well as some more stuff on the Sisters of Silence. Though I would dearly love to read some sallie goodness, I dig that they done got blowed up, so we won't likely be seeing them soon. Although, as with the Raven Guard and Iron Hands, we could see some of the rebuilding process. Surely, there must have been at least a company or so worth of marines from each legion in reserve on their homeworld, or somewhere.

Like a lot of people, I want to read about the Siege of Terra, but specifically I would like to see Sigismund given the limelight for a bit, not an entire novel but he should at least get a chapter or two about his actions as the Emperor's Champion while the Emperor and Co. are aboard Horus' ship. That being said, it would be nice to read about the Emperor for once, although I'm sure they're avoiding that to make him seem more distant and mysterious.

I'd like to read baout the Imperial Fists and the White Scars, to what battles they fought before the siege of Terra

I'd also like to read about the Raven Guard, but it would have to take a similar time to Legion, before the Istvaan 3 and Istvaan 5 incidents. I want to know what they did in the Great Crusade

Perturabo would be good to read about, the slogs of siege warfare that made him resent the way his legion was used

Archived