Scratchbuilt Chaos Warhound Titan

AlexCrute

Interesting, personally I don't like the head, it just seems too unusual for a Warhound with so little other evident chaos decoration. Until the skull you could easily be forgiven for assuming it was an Iron Warriors warhound. (No trace of the daemonic except its head, sparse on the decoration, apparently kept for its utility rather than used as a mobile altar of sacrifice.)

EDIT: I don't mean to sound negative, other than the skull I love the beastie!

Well, thanks to Alex for posting the pics for me. Decided to become un-lazy and respond.

@mithril - Well, its made mostly from cheap bits and pieces, polystyrene, dowel, balsa wood, stiff card, pens and highlighters. And as Owen said, a real fox skull. All up, excluding paints used it cost about $20 to build. I started it when apoc first came out but got distracted with other builds, brass scorpion, baneblade(GW). In there i also collected a decent nid force which included scratch builds for the trygon and barbed hierodule. I reckon from start to finish it would have taken a couple of weeks worth of evenings.

@kadaeux - I had big visions of adding tons of chaotic details etc, but decided instead to get my armies painted first and go back to it at a later date. As for the fox skull I thought it would work well given its a warhound. But I agree, needs more spikes and adornments.

At this point, im just looking forward to seeing it in action.

@youngs - About time you showed up!

The lack of adornment is probably my doing as much as anything, urging him to hurry up and finish the blasted thing so I can get on with blowing it to bits.

Or being blown to little bits myself more like....

I'm sure it's safe to say that it will probably collect detail and adornments at a steady rate over the coming months as it collects battle honours from stomping my Fists dead flat.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on effective ways of making it looking more chaotic without it getting to busy? I mean, rows of spikes are fun but I dont want to end up with an echidna. I have thought about imperial guard bodies etc but that presents the same issues. Maybe ways of making it looked possessed.

Any suggestions are welcome, good or bad.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

So? they're plenty expendable.

A big ol' banner or two hanging from a weapon would be pretty awesome, or a loincloth...

You could do just a coupla rows of Guard-spikes, and maybe freehand on a couple of armour panels, and it could be good.

GS some screaming daemon faces, just angry it up a bit.

ey dude

thats a pretty nice warhound! :tu:

i only have one question what matarial did you used?

i know you used the imperial warhound tamplet because i also tried it

but mine kept collapsing. :P

so i made a start on this imperial warlord titan check it out en give

comments :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry1664069

Hey guys,

I made this before i knew there were templates to follow so I had to guess with sizes etc. The body i build from polystyrene which I carved into the desired shape and the legs are from balsa wood and card.

As for the guns, the turbo laser is from a highlighter and 2 large pens, and the plasma is also a highlighter but this time with the cap still on and wire wrapped around it.

Now like me im sure you cant look at it now without seeing walking stationary.

The entire thing cost me about $20 to make and is pretty solid.

As for adding the final touches, there is still some more stuff I want to do to it. I was considering putting some small spines and cracks through the body as well as some damage etc. At the moment though its on hold as I'm trying to finish painting my apoc army.

Archived