Alaska, USA

drakus40k

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I just bought my first SM army since I was 11 or 12. (arrives in a couple weeks)

I happen to be from Eagle River, which is only about 18-20 miles away from Anchorage.

It seems the last time I played, the gaming community for Eagle River, and probably a bit for Alaska kinda dwindled.

Can't help much with finding a gaming group. But I'm willing to help look for one.

-GkN

Is Boscoe's still in the mall on (West?) Dimond? As I recall, that was quite a shop, although IIRC it was more fantasy than sci-fi...but that was several years ago that I was last in Anchorage.

You might have some luck asking around there (presuming you haven't already done so).

There used to be a Boscos' here in ER years ago. I know theres 2 Boscos in Anchorage still.. ones in the diamond mall, haven't been in there for about 4-5 years. (Can't remember where the 2nd one is.).

They do deal with sci-fi, but IIRC it was more leaning towards fantasy..

They usto have a few 40k tourneys at the ER.. So probably the best way to find a group?

Edited by GamekNight

Hey! :lol: JUst missed you guys.....Im from Eagle River too. There isnt much of a community except with a couple of ppl. I am at Fairbanks now for college tho. And there is a really active community of gamers up here that play every Sunday. Its pretty tite as i can hit the ak club, church, and play warhammer all within like 150 ft!!! Anywho, I would check this website that a guy at the diamond mall 'House of Hobbies' gave me. good luck ^_^

http://northerngamer.com/blog/

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
Moving to Anchorage sometime in September, any active gamers still in this area? I'd hate to haul my army all the way up there just for it to collect dust, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For those interested in the 40k scene in Alaska, here are some tidbits.

Anchorage has a gaming club with an online forum: www.northerngamer.com

Anchorage also has two hobby stores that carry GW Products: Hobbycraft () and Bosco's (www.boscos.com)--of those two, hobbycraft offers a 20% discount on GW products, Boscos does not.

There are two regularly scheduled open gaming events, one is held on Friday nights in a local elementary school during the normal school year (the patron is a teacher). The other is held on Fridays and Saturdays at a local church, and I believe goes year round. Both of these locations charge a nominal entry fee (~$2 per night) in order to support the organizations that hold them). For that fee you get use of table space, a friendly atmosphere, and terrain supplied.

Events are typically held several times per year (in my experience we run about 3 Apocalypse games and 2-4 tournaments of various formats).

There are also many pockets of gamers that have local game groups in their garages, who seldom (if ever) make it out to these other functions. However, if you're looking for a place to start, these would be my recommendations. If you'd like more information, PM me.

• 5 months later...
As of last winter, I find myself in Talkeetna, and have gotten settled in enough that I am starting to work on my as-yet unassembled Black Templar. I sincerely doubt TKA holds too many 40kers (though there is at least one D&D group here), but I'm always up for meeting up with folks elsewhere <_<

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! My family and I will be moving back to the Kenai area this fall and I am eager to start playing again! I don't suppose anyone on here would be in that area now, would you?

• 3 years later...