Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Hey guys!

Two quick points, one:

I'm trying to justify using Chaos Thousand Sons squads in Apocalypse in my up-coming Pre-Heresy Sons. I'm using them to show the Aspirants and their Bodyguard. Can I make this work? And

Two:

Did the Great Crusade Era Marines have Cyclone Missle Launchers?

-Leon-

Hi ChaosLord Leon Enaek

About your first question - Even though the Emperor had forbidden sorcery at the council of Nikkea, Magnus had given orders that these studies could continue in secret. Therefore, its entirely reasonable to have psykers/sorcerors in your pre-heresy thousand sons.

However, as far as modelling is concerned, the post-heresy, chaos afflicted thousand sons look little like their pre-heresy counterparts. That is unless you are representing the attack on the Emperors palace or the time just before this - the pictures in collected visions show some of the marines at the end fighting in the blue-gold armour we know them as in the 41st millenium. However, before this the marines wore a rich red armour with gold trim, and obviously their armour would not feature the chaos icons and influences.

Great crusade era terminators did indeed have cyclone missile launchers, once more there is a picture of this in collected visions.

Hope this helps <_<

Archived