After Fallen Angels

metcalfedan

I just can't wait to see Prospero burn.

Here here!

Again I second this!

Although I'm a die-hard DA fan DoA didnt do it for me as the first few novels in the HH did.

I'm hoping that the Prospero duo will be amazing. Mainly looking to read the Magnus side of things as us DA know how the space pups act.... :)

Im confused about what SM chapter that is on the cover of Fallen Angels?

Id say Iron Warriors if anything else.

It's the Dark Angels. The main marine on the front (with the winged helm and sword) is also on the cover of DoA. The armor is colored a bit funny, as it was on DoA. Not exactly black black, just shiny black. Or something along those lines.

I really do hope they do a better job with Fallen Angels. DoA was... Well, it was interesting, but there was just something wrong with it.

I was expecting more from DoA, being a DA player myself. I was quite dissapointed that they ended it with half the legion being sent home and I thimk they really need to elaborate on this. We know what happened before and after but all we have in the middle is a bit of babble from a traitor who was being tortuerd and claimed they did nothing wrong.

The post heresy Dark Angels wore black cover armour and I've been told that the tinge of green was to bring out the black or something like that. When I heard about this book I was pumped because I thought it would answer some questions but it just gave me more and then I read Angels of Darkness and was thrown way off of what I thought (that ending was way better and kinda' sad...)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it fits best in here.

From the BL advent calendar:

December 6th- After Desh'ea extract by Matt Farrer (from Tales of Heresy)

The primarch had sprung to his feet and now he picked Khârn up by the throat, yanked him into the air and dropped him flat on his back again. By the time Khârn had shakily pushed himself back up, Angron had walked away to stand under one of the lights. He turned to make sure Khârn was watching, then turned and spread his arms.

The primarch’s torso was bare, packed with inhuman musculature on the Emperor’s design, broad, heavy and angular to accommodate the thickened bones and the strange organs and tissues that Astartes legend said the Emperor had grown from his own flesh and blood, modified twenty different ways for his children. Khârn found himself wondering for a moment if Angron had grown up with the slightest idea of what he truly was, before he realised what the primarch was showing him.

A ridge of scar tissue began at the base of Angron’s spine. It travelled up his backbone, then veered to the left and around his body, riding over his hip and curing around to his front. Angron began to turn in place underneath the light and Khârn saw how the scar seemed to expand and thin again, ploughing and gouging the skin, in some places vanishing entirely where the primarch’s healing powers had overcome it. The scar looped around and around Angron’s body, spiralling up over his belly, around his ribs, towards his chest. A little past the right of his sternum, it abruptly stopped.

‘The Triumph Rope,’ Angron said. His hand moved to indicate the upper lengths of the scar, where it was smoother, more continuous, less ugly. There were no healed patches in its upper reaches. Khârn jumped as Angron thumped a fist against his chest with a report like a gun.

‘Red twists! Nothing but red on my rope, Khârn! Of all of us, I was the only one. No black twists.’ Angron was shaking with rage again, and Khârn bowed his head. His thoughts were bleak: I’ve started this now, and I wish to finish it, but primarch, I don’t know how many more of your rages I can withstand. Then Angron’s hands had gripped his shoulders, cruelly grating the bones in the broken one, and the muscles in Khârn’s neck and jaw locked rigid as he worked to stop himself crying out.

‘I can’t go back!’ came Angron’s voice through the pain, and the note in his voice was not fury now but an anguish far greater than the pain of Khârn’s injuries. ‘I can’t go back to Desh’ea. I can’t pick up the soil to make a black twist.’ Angron flung Khârn away and dropped to his knees. ‘I can’t… uhh… I need to wear my failure and I can’t. Your Emperor! Your Emperor! I couldn’t fight with them and now I can’t commemorate them!’

‘Sire, I, we…’ Khârn could feel little stings and blooms of heat inside his abdomen as his healing systems worked on wounds inside him. ‘Your Legion wants to learn your ways. You are our primarch. But we haven’t learned them yet. I don’t know…’

I just finished reading Battle For The Abyss, and right at the end:

it has the word bearers mobilizing war the war against the Ultramarines at Macragge.

And I just hope they do a book about that fight

We know what happened before and after but all we have in the middle is a bit of babble from a traitor who was being tortuerd and claimed they did nothing wrong.

No, it was the babble of a first hand eye-witness who hadn't been subjected to the effects of 10,000 years of refined internal propaganda. But then again I play Fallen Angels :angry:

As for the Marines on the cover of Fallen Angels, well I think it's pretty obvious what chapter we're talking about when the book is called Fallen Angels :P

I heard somewhere that it might be 2 books about Prospero.
Dude, someone already said this but i'm going to say it anyway. There are going to be 2 books on the Battle of Prospero as yousaid, one on the Space Puppies version of things and the other on the Thousand Children's view!

Humour intended. I don't actually think they are the Puppies and the thousand children.

+edit+ Why do you want to see prospero burn? The great Magnus the Red was loyal to the emperor but because of the Wolves, he turned. If anything, Fenris should burn!

This is really ironic, considerin I am going to become a rune priest when the new C:SW comes out. :P

Archived