The Star Lords

Pulse

That's some serious work!! Congratulations on the success of your sculpts and castings so far!! I'm definately going to be watiching this thread and the IA of the Star Lords. It's projects like these that make this hobby for me and bring all kinds of inspiration!

My inspiration for my entire mk8 Star Lords 2nd Company comes from this image from a French GW HQ staff member.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/mk8.jpg

Actually Its not MK8 - the inspiration behind this model is a picture in Imperial fists IA and the marine is described as Pre-Heresy Imperial Fist in Crusade Armour, and Crusade Armour is the name of MK2 power armour.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5404/crusadearmourov2.jpg

Actually Its not MK8 - the inspiration behind this model is a picture in Imperial fists IA and the marine is described as Pre-Heresy Imperial Fist in Crusade Armour, and Crusade Armour is the name of MK2 power armour.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5404/crusadearmourov2.jpg

The armour in the Imperial Fists IA is infact mk8 armour or "Errant" armour. They made a mistake with the armour, its just the armour is of a different varient of mk8 in the picture.

Pulse didn't paint that.

Heru is right i didnt paint the model, i said the model was my inspiration for the work i am doing. That picture was on the french gw site for quite a while and i just saved it and used it as a guide. :lol:

Also got all the casting finished for the first full batch yesterday, so i will be posting that up as well a bit later on today. :)

Edited by Pulse

I am not 100% sure on what helmet i will be using yet, but i think i will use either a standard mk7 helmet and file off the piping or i will convert a company champion helmet to keep it in line with the mk8 armour, but i want it to look as the helmet does in the picture of the painted mini. :D Edited by Pulse

@AlphaPHP: A couple of the AoBR marines have mk4 legs, it might be worth looking into.

@Pulse: These are amazing mate. I'd love to have an army that looks like what this'll end up as. I don't think I saw it but is there a colour scheme for these guys?

Khrangar

@Pulse: These are amazing mate. I'd love to have an army that looks like what this'll end up as. I don't think I saw it but is there a colour scheme for these guys?

Yeh matey my Star Lords will look like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/PulsesSergeant.jpg

Helmet colours:

Veteran Sergeants - Red with a white stripe

Sergeants - White with a red stripe

Tactical - Full white helmet

As for Devastators and Assault i am not sure yet. :D

Any more info on the Star Lords check out the link in my sig, that will lead you to the Star Lords IA, its still a WIP just now but will be added to shortly. :)

Nice to see awsome models get an awsome scheme! Devastators could have their hands have a red stripe down the middle, and assault could have special packs just to be fair :wallbash: Edited by Midas

Nice to see awsome models get an awsome scheme! Devastators could have their hands have a red stripe down the middle, and assault could have special packs just to be fair :D

Aye matey i am very pleased with the colour scheme, equally as standoutish and bright as the Imperial Fists, and still retains the black sections of armour and the oringal helmet colours. I wanted to keep my Star Lords in theme with the Imperial Fists as the IF are the progenitors of my Star Lords. :)

really do like the legs and torso's you have made, and i would welcome a tut on how you did the casting too.

I am glad you like the work matey its great to hear all of these comments as it pushes me on to complete the work. :P

Nice casts Pulse. Yes nice indeed.

Saaaay....wanna send me 1 Marine to fiddle around with? :)

Erm.. i'll pass on that for the time being, need all the marines just now. ;)

----

And now a quick update, this is what i have cast so far so i took a pic to show it all. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/everythingcast.jpg

Few more to go yet to make my total of 160 marines. ;)

Edited by Pulse

Wowzers!

And I mean Wowzers!

Your casting looks like the work done by MDC (Model Design Construction). I have their resin 1/32 Ar-234 model and it is a beauty.

This will a truly awesome army when you get it done.

edit: typo

Edited by Thunder_god

Pulse those are the best infantry I have seen in a long while, very inspirational! I did try and emulate the shoulderpads with lines scored into them by filling in a shoulderpad with GS. I couldn't manage to get the lines looking how I wanted and struggled to find a way to secure the pad so my fingers didn't spoil the GS, so a tutorial would be most appreciated ;)

Keep up the great work!

P.S Go on Hamilton! Bring glory for England :huh:

OMG!!! Wowzers is DEFO the word i would use! This is looking extremly promising Pulse! Your casting looks so neat as well, again KUDOS to you bud!

PS Get in there Hamilton!!!

Hehe thanks matey, i will upload a comparison pic tomorrow showing a mock up of a Star Lord and a normal GW "stunted growth" marine. :P

What a race to end the season eh? Amazing. ;)

Edited by Pulse