Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

Thanks, fellas. :P Forgot to mention: I buffed up the fur on his shoulders to hold onto the banner better, as it kept snapping off (don't think I've ever gotten the whole thing in a pic, actually :P). I think I should be able to get a pic of Leroy up later tonight - we'll see.

:D Alright, time's up! Let's do this!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

gallery_39401_2771_105789.jpg

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the only pic I could get before my camera's battery died, so I'll get a few more pics in tomorrow. Daemon Weapon needs more work, but not much, so he's done.

TAS: PAINT. ^_^ Heheh, hope you enjoy Apostle. I'm probably gonna get started rereading it soon, too.

Jereminus: Dunno. :P I'm currently waiting for no less than 60 resin skull bitz to show up so I can fill out his base and prime him (and then eventually get started working on a mini-diorama for him). Til those show up, I'm either going to be working on the cultists or an Aspiring Champion.

Righto, three more pics for your viewing pleasure. Daemon Weapon's all fixed up now.

gallery_39401_2771_61166.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_114500.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_17866.jpg

:)

He looks great Raz ;)

I'm sure when you finally get to paint the DA, he'll look just as fantastic.

I am enjoying DA, i have the next book for their 'series' waiting to be picked up, so hopefully i can finish reading DA in a relatively short period of time. Heh, i've been moving bits and pieces around, so i hope to get back to painting soon. Spent some time yesterday re-working my painting desk so it's somewhat more 'ordered'.

Plus if all else fails, i'll clip out one of the AoBR marines and find a way to paint him ^_^

The Apostle is very big boy :). Jenkins' too looking good, jewels especially look excellent! :)

I too am already waiting for the next book of DA series, I've read Dark Apostle several times already, it's just too good :lol:.

gallery_39401_2771_103744.jpg

This guy RULES! But if it's not too late I have a comment to make: in my opinion the flagellant banner currently looks a bit odd, because you haven't removed the metal bracket thing that is meant to clamp the poles onto something else. They are just hovering half-way up the poles and it kind of ruins the effect because it makes the conversion an obvious (and so slightly forced) one.

When I used that banner for my terminators, I had that bracket actually attached to their armour. I like how you've attached them right to the top of his back though, so I'd suggest you just clip off that bracket, or at least mask it somehow. While I'm on the topic I also think the point where they join onto his backpack could do with some green stuff of some description (more fur?) because at the moment they look a bit obviously "glued on".

Other than that he is looking incredible, and I can't wait for updates!

Thanks for the C&C - I know what you mean. :P I probably will clip it off. I've been trying to find something to put on it, actually - tried impurity seals and that scroll-nailed-to-wood bit from the Flagellant sprue and neither looked quite right - and I'm starting to think it needs to go too. :P Also, I've already sculpted up the fur. :) You can see it in the size comparison.

Also, skulls should possibly be arriving tomorrow, so hopefully he'll be primed soon. ;)

Thanks for all the comments, guys. One last shot of Raz before I prime him. Turned the bracket-thing on the banner into an impurity seal - can't really see it in the pic, but it wraps around the back. And I did just a bit more bulking up on the cape-fuzz to make it look more even.

gallery_39401_2771_45610.jpg

Gentlemen, TONIGHT WE PRIME IN HELL!!! :P

AH: It's just Greenstuff, cut down into a long, thin strip, wrapped around the barrel, and then stabbed with a modelling knife a few times to make it look tattered. :D If you mean paintwise it's the same "bloody flesh" method I described at the top of page 2 (here). :tu:

Terminatorinhell: Heheh, thanks... I think. :P

gallery_39401_2771_132030.jpg

Just need to do the skulls, his face and the impurity seals. :lol: I do think his helmet and the blood on his book need a bit of work, and I'm not quite happy with the wooden areas (tried painting a grain, looked like crap :P), but he's getting there. Might bloody up the Crozius, too, but I'm not sure if I wanna mess a good thing... :P Probably won't get any painting done tomorrow or on Christmas, so happy holidays, B&C! :tu:

Well i can tell you now that the book looks PERFECT! Definitely don't touch that!

You've made some excellent progress and i think a tad bit of blood on the Crozius would be good, but not too much. Enough to give effect, but not too much to spoil what you already have.

Looking great :P

Hey Raz, just had a look through this thread having finally realised it was yours (doh!) and now I want to show you a conversion I did a wee while ago even more now (trust me, it's relevant*). I'll try and post some pics later on today :P You might not be a speed painter, but you're doing a damn fine job of pianting at your own speed. Leroy Jenkins looks great, and I'm really liking the apostle too. gothicising(sp?) all your regular troops was a stroke of genius, these guys look like if you cut them in half, they'd say 'word bearers' right down the middle ;)

I'll definately not pass by this thread again.

James

* I've stuck the pics up in the Hall of Honour :)

Archived