Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kentucky, USA

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Stonedog

Stonedog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Are there any players in or around the Louisville, KY area?

I am in Trimble County and could possibly host games....

Brother-Chaplain Apock

Brother-Chaplain Apock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Wow, Quietest forum ever. Sadface.

“Who is to judge what is right and what is wrong? Great and powerful foes surround us; unknown miscreants gnaw at us from within. We are threatened with total annihilation. In days such as these we can afford no luxury of morality.”

govannon

govannon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Anybody on here around Owensboro?
  • parabelumwolf likes this
Tyrants can not be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent.

If you think my attitude stinks......You should smell my underwear!!!

TemplarMathias

TemplarMathias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
Morehead? MSU? Anybody?

BrotherJoshua

BrotherJoshua

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Yes, I live in Morehead, when do you want to play? Are you still going to school here?
There is a games club at the university, but they mostly just play MTG.

I play Space Marines, working on Orks, IG, Nids, and Dark Eldar.

I also build terrain.

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
I live in Georgetown and am willing to drive up to an hour to play. I'm available to play this Saturday. If I don't hear from anyone here, I'll be playing in Lexington at the Rusty Scabbard. If we want to try to run something scenario based, I can run IG or CSM.
Locked, Cocked, Ready to Rock!

BrotherJoshua

BrotherJoshua

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Cool, I will be at the Scabbard then on Saturday as well, I have to pick my folks up from the airport at 8:00 PM so I can play most all afternoon.

I go to the Scabbard quite a bit, or have been over the last few months usually play with Mike, Jack, and sometimes Zach (bought his LRBTs for my guard ;) )

I would love it if I had someone to play with here in Morehead though, so Templar Mathias, if you are still alive drop me a pm!

Edited by BrotherJoshua, 07 September 2010 - 09:52 PM.

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Cool, I will be at the Scabbard then on Saturday as well, I have to pick my folks up from the airport at 8:00 PM so I can play most all afternoon.

Awesome! I'm shooting for 2:00 arrival myself. I'll be bringing Chaos SM. It will be my first game at Scabbard.

BrotherJoshua

BrotherJoshua

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Cool, will see you there then!

How many points can you do?
Are you doing Chaos Undivided or a specific chapter?
Which mission do you want to play?

I am bringing my vanilla marines (it's all I have painted up right now)
I can easily field 2500-3000 points.

I won't ask you any more about your list than that, I think that a little secrecy is better for the game. I'd rather just build my army to the points and mission specifics in order to see how I handle what you bring. I don't want to tailor my list to particularly face yours. BTW, I usually lose.

I will be wearing a USSMC ball-cap.

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
I'll have 1500 points of undivided CSM with two squads of Berserkers. I don't care about what mission, and that can be rolled randomly. I'll be wearing a brown National Guard hat myself.

This will be my first major game of 5th. I've played since 2nd ed, but mostly concentrated on square bases over the last couple years.

BrotherJoshua

BrotherJoshua

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
It's on!

See you saturday.

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
BortherJoshua and I had a great game this weekend. It ended in a tie in a pitched battle deployment and a capture & control mission. We each had one objective each.

We are shooting for getting together again in a few weeks and would be interested in putting an Apocolypse game together if anyone else is interested.

BrotherJoshua

BrotherJoshua

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Brian, here is that site I was telling you about: http://www.beastsofwar.com/

Orbital Bombardment, it finally worked! Me likey ;)

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
I'm busy every Saturday from now until the end of the year due to my volunteer time with my local Emergency Management Agency during the WEG and my shipping to Ft. Jackson. However, there is another store in Lexington called Albright's that is pretty active on Wednesday nights. I'm going to try to be a regular there until I ship.

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
I didn't ship to Basic due to an ankle injury. That means I'm free some weekends. Anyone up for a game this Saturday at Scabbard? 1750 points would be awesome.

BGGuardsman

BGGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
Nevermind.

wolfpack

wolfpack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
ok so necrothreading??...I live in Johnson county and have 15k of space wolves...anyone close? I have a couple of mates in Hazard but can't see driving 2 hours to lex to play...
I am Wolfpack, my fangs are long, my hair grey with age...I am The Great Wolf...I fight with bolter and Axe, my armies vast, my word final. A true son of Russ, my honor above all, I hunt the heretic, the xenos, and the witch and slay them where they stand!

Pistorius

Pistorius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts
  • Chapter Name: Lords of Wrath
I'm in Louisville. Shoot me a PM if you want to get a game in.

Edited by Pistorius, 25 January 2011 - 07:38 PM.

Respectfully,
Pistorius

wolfpack

wolfpack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
LOL yer three hours away...Louisville game shop or pet shop comics are good places to play there...I used to live off Bardstown road
I am Wolfpack, my fangs are long, my hair grey with age...I am The Great Wolf...I fight with bolter and Axe, my armies vast, my word final. A true son of Russ, my honor above all, I hunt the heretic, the xenos, and the witch and slay them where they stand!

Pistorius

Pistorius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts
  • Chapter Name: Lords of Wrath
I figured it was a bit far, but I just wanted to let people know I am available.

Respectfully,
Pistorius

wolfpack

wolfpack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
well if I am back by my folks place anytime soon...they live in Radcliff so yer only about 40 minutes from them...there is a large community of us in Louisville...they just tend to be spread all over Jefferson county

parabelumwolf

parabelumwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves: Angels of Thunder, now thunder claws chapter

Anybody on here around Owensboro?

yep from Owensboro Ky.

Vakruz

Vakruz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Hey, just letting everyone down south know, we have a pretty good group forming in London, we average about 5-8 every week, at Games n Comics, and we try to drive to Lexington pretty normally, hit me up if anyone wants to try to get some games in, or if you want to check out our shop

Carlson793

Carlson793

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,199 posts
  • Chapter Name: Adeptus Mechanicus
And a 'hey' from Carlson in PRP. Just getting started - got through most of the 6th Ed Dark Vengeance rules before 7th dropped, and been slowly getting my Salamanders/LotD armies painted up (ahh, free time...I remember when I had gobs of it...) - but off to a good start.

Decal sheet design service available via PM or Carlson's College of Arms and Graffiti. Self-print decal sheet questions? See Ye Olde Decal Project for more information. Also, see Winterdyne's Applying Waterslide Decals tutorial - it's essential! Need special models, bits, or terrain? See +++The Forges of Mars+++.

gallery_48988_10069_9252.pnggallery_48988_10069_890.pnggallery_48988_10069_12890.pnggallery_29004_10383_5969.pngETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_29004_10691_2146.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif gallery_80588_10579_401.png

Wargasm40k

Wargasm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

I've been curious about starting an army and getting into the game but I don't know anyone in the Rockcastle area that plays.  Spending the money on an army that is just going to sit on a shelf is a waste.  So my knowledge is limited to what I can get from the net, novels, and video/pc games.  What are the chances of a noob getting enough games in to justify taking the plunge and getting into the game as it was intended? 

'Kill them all, let the Emperor sort them out'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users