Kentucky, USA

Stonedog

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
I live in Georgetown and am willing to drive up to an hour to play. I'm available to play this Saturday. If I don't hear from anyone here, I'll be playing in Lexington at the Rusty Scabbard. If we want to try to run something scenario based, I can run IG or CSM.

Cool, I will be at the Scabbard then on Saturday as well, I have to pick my folks up from the airport at 8:00 PM so I can play most all afternoon.

I go to the Scabbard quite a bit, or have been over the last few months usually play with Mike, Jack, and sometimes Zach (bought his LRBTs for my guard ;) )

I would love it if I had someone to play with here in Morehead though, so Templar Mathias, if you are still alive drop me a pm!

Edited by BrotherJoshua

Cool, I will be at the Scabbard then on Saturday as well, I have to pick my folks up from the airport at 8:00 PM so I can play most all afternoon.

Awesome! I'm shooting for 2:00 arrival myself. I'll be bringing Chaos SM. It will be my first game at Scabbard.

Cool, will see you there then!

How many points can you do?

Are you doing Chaos Undivided or a specific chapter?

Which mission do you want to play?

I am bringing my vanilla marines (it's all I have painted up right now)

I can easily field 2500-3000 points.

I won't ask you any more about your list than that, I think that a little secrecy is better for the game. I'd rather just build my army to the points and mission specifics in order to see how I handle what you bring. I don't want to tailor my list to particularly face yours. BTW, I usually lose.

I will be wearing a USSMC ball-cap.

I'll have 1500 points of undivided CSM with two squads of Berserkers. I don't care about what mission, and that can be rolled randomly. I'll be wearing a brown National Guard hat myself.

This will be my first major game of 5th. I've played since 2nd ed, but mostly concentrated on square bases over the last couple years.

BortherJoshua and I had a great game this weekend. It ended in a tie in a pitched battle deployment and a capture & control mission. We each had one objective each.

We are shooting for getting together again in a few weeks and would be interested in putting an Apocolypse game together if anyone else is interested.

I'm busy every Saturday from now until the end of the year due to my volunteer time with my local Emergency Management Agency during the WEG and my shipping to Ft. Jackson. However, there is another store in Lexington called Albright's that is pretty active on Wednesday nights. I'm going to try to be a regular there until I ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
well if I am back by my folks place anytime soon...they live in Radcliff so yer only about 40 minutes from them...there is a large community of us in Louisville...they just tend to be spread all over Jefferson county

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, just letting everyone down south know, we have a pretty good group forming in London, we average about 5-8 every week, at Games n Comics, and we try to drive to Lexington pretty normally, hit me up if anyone wants to try to get some games in, or if you want to check out our shop

• 3 months later...
And a 'hey' from Carlson in PRP. Just getting started - got through most of the 6th Ed Dark Vengeance rules before 7th dropped, and been slowly getting my Salamanders/LotD armies painted up (ahh, free time...I remember when I had gobs of it...) - but off to a good start.

• 3 months later...

I've been curious about starting an army and getting into the game but I don't know anyone in the Rockcastle area that plays.  Spending the money on an army that is just going to sit on a shelf is a waste.  So my knowledge is limited to what I can get from the net, novels, and video/pc games.  What are the chances of a noob getting enough games in to justify taking the plunge and getting into the game as it was intended?