British Columbia, Canada

The Royals

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm out in Burnaby. Wouldn't mind starting up a few games.

Haha, I shouldn't be on B&C. I play the Orksies!

I do have a Pedro Kantor model that will start me off a Crimson Fist (or Re-forged Crimson Fist) army.

• 5 months later...

I live just south of metrotown in Bby. Havent played a game in a long time, 4 odd years, been at uni and testing the waters if its worth a time commitment. If you feel like running me through the new(ish) rules for a few games while i get back into it let me know. Warning, I was a bit of a savant when it comes to lists and have had my moments on the table, so if your up for a challenge and some friendly competition give me a holler, it should be fun.

Have a well worn vanilla marines [mobile firepower], World Eaters that have seen moderate action on the table [4x that in painting and conversion work], and a very robust Ulthwé strike force [if that's still a valid list]. Most of my games were at the thousand limit, but can readily expand to 1750, anything more may be a stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm relatively new to Vancouver myself (2 years now) and have found a lot of great places to play, though there's not really a "cohesive" scene. Most are store- or club- based. That said, they're all filled with welcoming people and are lots of fun.

Strategies Games & Hobbies (on Main St.) - typically 40k or Fantasy on weekend, currently running a 40k campaign (join anytime) on Sundays. Darren requires painted armies, otherwise it's all good. Usually 1250 points +/- 250.

Connection Games 2 (on Renfrew St. by the skytrain station) - not as familiar here, though Rida the store manager posts all the time on vancouvergamers.com; I know they have a fairly lively 40k scene, Wednesday nights I think.

Trumpeter Tabletop Games Society - meets once a month on Friday night at the Bonsor Community Centre by Metrotown. Nights are listed on their website, 7pm to 11 or so. Lots of boardgames, though 40k usually has a dozen or so people....either a league or mega battle. I may try to run a campaign over the winter. Come down and join - I did, without knowing anyone really. I think it's $5/night.

WCP - West Coast Gaming Alliance? They meet first saturday of every month at the Legion Hall on Fraser and 43rd St, in the basement. Only went to their 40k Radio World Wide War event recently, but a really nice bunch of guys, good place to game (pub above!), and nice armies. I'll be attending if I can find the time.

A-Club in Burnaby - (formerly Mighty Miniatures) - I know they play every Friday night, Apocalypse, and have huge battles and great terrain. Haven't gone myself, but have met several of the regulars there at local tourneys - good fellas. I think they have a facebook page...

I'm missing the usual GW stores, but this is a sample of the independent store/club scene in metro Vancouver. I'm usually at Strategies or Trumpeter. I have about 4000 points of Marines/Daemonhunters, usually play at the 1250-1500 point level. But I'm flexible....see ya'll around.

• 4 months later...

I am a Victoria guy too. There is a small group of us that get together on Sundays (usually), and there is a games club that is at UVIC as well. I am sure both groups would welcome new players who have good hygiene and are friendly :D I believe the UVIC group plays on Sundays too.

risking further thredomancy i'm on the island over in victoria. anyone else here local?

• 2 months later...
I'm from Surrey and play Chaos Daemons. Local Stores GWS Surrey and I make rare trips out to Metrotown. There is a new Apoc Club called.... A-Club which can be looked up on facebook and they are located near the Royal Oak skytrain station. Check them out if you guys want some real fun Apoc games with true Apoc scale terrain to hide your reaver titans behind! Hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice info on here, I'm moving to North Van in a few weeks with my new CSM army, would be good to get in a few games if possible sometime.

Simon

A-club is a cool place to play but they charge ten bucks for drop in games and 25 a month for membership. They play all sized games and the founder has over 65k points in guard alone. So ya... Also north van has tevoarj royal store but it's a bit small of a store and also metrotown shopping mall has a w location that's bigger and you could take the sky train there which is nice and same for a-club which you could look then up via facebook. They also do group buys of forgeworld in order to to get express shipping. There's another club on facebook called the greather Vancouver warhammer society. Check them all out!!! My names Pawan so look out for me at the Surrey, Gw or maybe A-club in the near future!

i go to Strategies Games and Hobbies almost every sunday for a game or just to hang out and paint. its a really great enviroment at 14 i am the youngest regular by a lot but everyone makes time to play a game with me if i have my army and puts up with my patchy knowledge of the rules. its a great place with a lot of different players. also if you do decide to come i am always looking for a good 1250 point game.

DM

• 1 month later...
Can't believe I never saw this thread 'till now. I'm in Burnaby, and usually play at Strategies on Sundays, though I haven't had the time in quite some time...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in on your thread but.........

I live in the West Kootneys ( Trail area ). I'm getting back into 40k and rebuilding my Blood Angel army.

Would like to try to get some games going to test it out. Anyone from around here playing?

• 3 months later...
I live on the Island and can get to Vic or Nan (or anywhere in between) for a game. Have both nids and (half completed) BA armies. I'm able to play sometimes with some friends in Nan but would love to find some more players. PM me if anyone's interested in a game. Edited by Cambrian

• 1 month later...