British Columbia, Canada

The Royals

Vancouver right here!

The Comic Shop *used* to be the place to go, though now....

I *think* Rida's Connection Games 2 on Renfrew is the place to go in Vancouver. I haven't been since summer, but Rida's a friend who goes way back so I try to bring out my Chaos Marines once in the odd while.

Well since the GW at metrotown changed staff and finally gotten rid of a few peeps I didn't like, I guess its okay too. Anyone been their since?

Vancouver right here!

I *think* Rida's Connection Games 2 on Renfrew is the place to go in Vancouver. I haven't been since summer, but Rida's a friend who goes way back so I try to bring out my Chaos Marines once in the odd while.

Also, Connection games near the Subway/McDonalds? Its nice there but their stock has kinda seemed limited the last few times I've been there.

• 2 months later...
Well it's good to see so many frater down by Washington, are there any members in that portion of B.C. where the rivers run east?

Peace Out ;)

if the rivers run east then i think you are in alberta...

but sadly i am confined to vancouver to i wouldnt know

DM

Well since the GW at metrotown changed staff and finally gotten rid of a few peeps I didn't like, I guess its okay too. Anyone been their since?

Vancouver right here!

Also, Connection games near the Subway/McDonalds? Its nice there but their stock has kinda seemed limited the last few times I've been there.

GW Metrotown closed down and it should be opening by summer time as a bunker. Richmond and Surrey have also closed down and Vic aswell as Park Royal may in the future. GW Is trying to get away from Mall locations :angry:... When it reopens as a bunker, Thor, Owen, Doug, and a few others may be working the shop. Until then enjoy your local independent retailer locations for gaming!

Yeah i've been trying to find ANY news on this new store opening but it is no where. they said 6 wekks and its been almost 2 months.

Anyone got any news

Anyone know any good places till then?

As stated before, Connection Games near the subway/mcdonalds, there might be another place you can use in Metro, I don't know, haven't been in a while. Imperial Hobbies in Richmond has a nice assortment usually when I go there. Not in terms of boxes, but blisters. Boxes is slightly more then connection games.

Strategies Games and Hobbies on main street is awesome, great selection, great people, great gaming.

they taught me everything i know about WH40K

DM

I went there once all excited with my brand new just finished Blood Angels ready to try out my new stormraven on the table and they wouldn't let me play because i didn't have the right books. i had scanned in the BA summary sheet and put it on my iPad along with the general 40K summary sheet but they said to play i needed both books with me. the guy actually got cross and accused me of piracy (particularly stupid as GW has the summaries free on the website)

He said it was about supporting the hobby but thats ridiculous. GW has had thousands of me in my life and i own the books. it so happens my rulebook is not in vancouver. does that mean i shouldn't be able to play for the next 6 months till i go home?

I went there once all excited with my brand new just finished Blood Angels ready to try out my new stormraven on the table and they wouldn't let me play because i didn't have the right books. i had scanned in the BA summary sheet and put it on my iPad along with the general 40K summary sheet but they said to play i needed both books with me. the guy actually got cross and accused me of piracy (particularly stupid as GW has the summaries free on the website)

He said it was about supporting the hobby but thats ridiculous. GW has had thousands of me in my life and i own the books. it so happens my rulebook is not in vancouver. does that mean i shouldn't be able to play for the next 6 months till i go home?

Whoa....

That is downright shameful! ...though it is their store so their rules.

Connections is not like that at all. Monday night is 40k night at Connections at Cambie + Marine Dr. 5:00 - 9:00.

Whoa....

That is downright shameful! ...though it is their store so their rules.

Connections is not like that at all. Monday night is 40k night at Connections at Cambie + Marine Dr. 5:00 - 9:00.

Its not an arbitrary rule, although the opinion of most of the people who play there is "if you play, bring your books"

they have had problems with it in the past with a guy who pirated everything and openly encouraged others to do the same.

but seriously, its just two books i bus with them across town every time i go to strategies, its not that bad

DM

yeah but mines in the UK and i aint gonna spend $80 on a new one

Dont bother getting a new one lol... You just have to explain your situation and people should be ok with it... I mean hell... you have a completed blood angels army and the idiots at strat couldn't put up with you not having your codex on hand? Couldn't they of given you a loaner? Thats the problem when you go game at places with all these rules that only work for particular situations... Where are you anyway?

The store owner at Strategies is very particular about the gaming he wants in his store. Only painted armies, and the topic here - come with your codex. I don't think they're as strict about the BRB, but you must have your codex. I'm sure a part of this is vested self interest, but they also ensure when you play a game, it will be against a nicely painted army, against someone who knows their own rules well, with a ready reference handy should questions arise. No unpainted-this-empty-base-is-a-bloodletter-proxy-how-many-wounds-do-they-have? games there.

(true story at another shop)

Henrywalker, there are a lot of shops around with less strict rules - your opportunities to play should be plentiful. There's the previously mentioned Connections2, the monthly WCP and Trumpeters clubs, and Imperial Hobbies in Richmond. Send me a PM if you want more info on any of these places.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the strategies replies :whistling:

is there any news about the new battle bunker in vancouver

So far no news on the battle bunker or if it will even open... I think that GW will be ignoring vancouver for a while to be honest...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Are there any gamers at UBC? There Must be but I can't find them

I live quite close to UBC, but the City of Vancouver is rather bereft of good places to game. There is a place downtown, but it only does warmachine and magic. I wouldn't mind a game if you can provide some terrain and a decent sized table, failing that come out to Strategies!