The Emperor's parenting skills

8K BC Anatolia where I am quite sure there were no Greeks or any Indoeuropean language spoken. His name would probably as alien to us now as names of some Eldar or Tau.

Tis true his culture is lost to time, but its easy to place his birth to around the Megalithic and maybe early Neolithic era. It is hard to place where he came from exactly, but as Anatolia is mostly modern day Turkey he was probably of that region.

What makes his name EXTRA irrelevant is the fact that before his birth circa 8000 BC he had already lived thousands of lives as shamans who each no doubt had their own name and he remembers every one of those lifetimes. So regardless of what his birth parents or tribe or whatever named him at birth it probably had very little relevance to him at any point.

Its simple really... when speaking formally in public what do the offspring of nobility call their parents? My Lord/Lady of course, or if they have a formal title, then that is used, in private their names may be used dpeending on each case.

So basically the primarchs may well have known his name, and its certain chaos knows his name, but the primarchs will only call him by his title or My Lord in public or at formal occasions.

Its simple really... when speaking formally in public what do the offspring of nobility call their parents? My Lord/Lady of course, or if they have a formal title, then that is used, in private their names may be used dpeending on each case.

So basically the primarchs may well have known his name, and its certain chaos knows his name, but the primarchs will only call him by his title or My Lord in public or at formal occasions.

I wouldn't be so sure that Chaos does know him name. Of course they know of him, but if you interpret knowing someone's name as having power over them, which seems prevelent with historical Angels and Daemons, then perhaps he just used the title Emperor, and kept his name to himself. His True name, that is.

And Scourge, not really. He's a mysterious figure, and probably will always be until he comes back to give Roboute a spanking for sitting in "Stasis" all those years.

its certain chaos knows his name

...and with a cry of triumph, Sister Superior Anastasia thrust her powersword through the traitor's chest. Shock overtook his features, but was quickly replaced by a strange and manic glee.

"Tracy..."

Anastasia stepped back from the Chaos Space Marine with a quizzical look on her face.

"His name... was Tracy..." the Chaos Marine gurgled, blood spilling down his chin. "Your... god... haha... is named Tracy... stupid, huh?"

Anastasia hesitated, and the Word Bearer capitalized on it.

"Yes... you'd think the Great Crusade was... angst-driven machismo in... ven... vengeance for parents with a twisted sense of humor or something... see how your worship... see how its subject fails to live up to... your faith?"

Anastasia blinked.

"What? Oh, no, I don't care what you said. I was wondering why you're not dead," she replied. Suddenly, she snapped her fingers. "That's right! Two hearts!"

And with that she tore out her sword and stabbed the Word Bearer again.

Brought to you by my sudden imagining of a Chaos Marine trying to tell everyone how lame the Emperor's name was. Somehow I think he'd have a hard time convincing anyone.

And you know, life ain't easy for an Emperor named Sue.

I still think his name is Dmitri. Or Ahmed.

Y'see - the emperor isn't from Anatolia, an ancient region of what is now modern day Turkey. He's from Anatoly. Roughly somewhere in the whole Greece/Turkey/Former-Yugoslavia FunPlex. I would refer you to some other regions of the world at the time of the emperor's holy shindig. For instance, the Merican Hives (I wonder where THAT could be? Some ancient civilization there? Nah...). Roma, famous for being home to a legion of air warriors going by the same name. The Nordafrik Conclaves....

...I hope I've made my point. The emperor is from Anatoly, a place which does not exist in 2008 (nowadays), but which, if we can believe the Horus Heresy books, will exist sometime around 29,500 a.d.

So. I think the emperor's name is Dmitri. Or Ahmed. Or, most likely, Sue.

Even if he grew up in Greece it doesn't mean he'd be Greek. Greeks aren't even from Greece originally.

Did someone say he was born 8000 BC? That'd put him in the last few centuries of the Neolithic.

Most of what we know of as the world today is a product of mass migration due to wars, famine, religious quests etc etc.

The Emperor would pre-date known agrarian societies in that region of the world so its likely he was part of a nomadic tribe.

Some permanent settlements there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8th_millennium_BC

c. 8000 BC — Settlements at Nevali Cori in present-day Turkey are established.

c. 8000 BC — Settlements at Sagalassos in present-day southwest Turkey are established.

Around 500 years later Çatalhöyük springs up there.

Perhaps his name is so dark and Chaosy that he had to call himself The Emperor to lead Mankind

eg. "No, heretic, I shall not turn to Khrone. He is a Chaos God, he is evil. Hell even his name is evil. I am pure, I am right. I am a servant of Atamun The Great Devourer of Shadows, Immortal Ruler of Mankind, now begone!"

-Last words of Radical Inquisitor Salthia

before her execution by a Thorian

The emperor is actually Andy Pipkin from Little Britian....

- Sits in his chair all day having his will done until nobodys looking (this can explain all matters of trouble, one of which being Cypher constantly saved! / Things being 'blamed' on chaos...)

- he sees a planet and says 'i want that one' until he's actually got it then the populace shun from the emperors light and the thought 'i dont like that one!' pops into your head...

Problem solved, case closed! rah!

- Sits in his chair all day having his will done until nobodys looking (this can explain all matters of trouble, one of which being Cypher constantly saved! / Things being 'blamed' on chaos...)

- he sees a planet and says 'i want that one' until he's actually got it then the populace shun from the emperors light and the thought 'i dont like that one!' pops into your head...

What an epic viewpoint! I salute you, sir!

Oh my God

OH MY GOD

*insert the head of a head exploding from massive brain overload here*

@ Tokunator: When Emperor's Champion said, "The fluff," he didn't tell me anything. The fluff might tell me, but telling me that the fluff contains the information doesn't actually tell me anything. Of course it would be in the fluff. But thanks for trying to help clarify things. Or flame me. Either way.

@ The Emperor's Champion: thanks for clarifying. I didn't know what "RoC" was. Not sure if you meant something in particular by making your statement in all caps...but thanks, anyway.

Archived