Question about the Emperor

Ensis Ferrae

The art book is compiled of images from the card game which, being a game, is just as official as 40k, Battle Fleet Gothic, Necromunda, or Inquisitor material. Plus they are the only images of The Emperor we have to go by in the last couple editions that predate his interment on the Golden Throne.

yeah, but a lot of those images are from the HH artbooks, while awesome, can only be taken with a pinch of salt...mostly due to artistic licensing, or for the layman Rule of Cool.

From that view point every book written by BL is thus so also? Pleeeeeeaaaaase. As others have rightly pointed out, these are some of the only picture sources we have. And I for think they compare admirably.

BCC

i didn't say they were unoffcial, just not as reliable...like all the debates over who the heck the guys are in foreground (offtopic don't go there) of this image:

http://library.galciv2.com/mvlib/ss/Fullvi...peror-horus.jpg

according to the story it was a one-on-one battle between Horus and the Emperor, save for the lone custodes who gets obliterated. hence it's chalked up to Adrian Smith, to have incorporated Rule of Cool (artistic licensing) in to this image to make it that much more epic.

it's kind of like those stories where there's some human representation of the Emperor (statue, mural, mosaic) being examined my a marine or chaos marine, thinking that it pales in comparison to the real-deal.

Until GW release an Emperor model there will be no *official* representation of the him.

And unless they release a Horus Heresy update of Apocalypse with primarchs and all. Which i do think would be a fantastic idea, i doubt the Emperor will ever see a cast made.

Gaz1858 Posted Today, 04:03 PM

Until GW release an Emperor model there will be no *official* representation of the him.

And unless they release a Horus Heresy update of Apocalypse with primarchs and all. Which i do think would be a fantastic idea, i doubt the Emperor will ever see a cast made

I doubt you could truly represent the Primarchs in Apocalypse - their Angron rules got a mixed reaction.

On the other hand, a FW Emperor model for expert painters would work, they already do busts and stuff that can't be used in-game.

The Emperor is head and shoulders taller than one of the Adeptus Custodes (who are supposed to be massive) and a Sister Of Silence comes up to the bottom edge of his rib cage. There's a picture of him standing behind them and they're all standing straight.

Elevator shoes and a milk crate.

WELL...I mean, the Emperor could not have a real form, I mean, as in able to actually change himself, instead of just appearing big.

I mean, he IS wearing that armour, so he has to be that big to put it on, no?

WELL...I mean, the Emperor could not have a real form, I mean, as in able to actually change himself, instead of just appearing big.

I mean, he IS wearing that armour, so he has to be that big to put it on, no?

depends on how you perceive the world around you, or rather how He wants you to perceive Him, but that's going off the 'Emperors an all powerful psyker who can change His appearance at a whim' as mentioned earlier.

or he could solidly fit in his armor, but may be projecting himself to larger than seen.

i didn't say they were unoffcial, just not as reliable...like all the debates over who the heck the guys are in foreground (offtopic don't go there) of this image:

http://library.galciv2.com/mvlib/ss/Fullvi...peror-horus.jpg

according to the story it was a one-on-one battle between Horus and the Emperor, save for the lone custodes who gets obliterated. hence it's chalked up to Adrian Smith, to have incorporated Rule of Cool (artistic licensing) in to this image to make it that much more epic.

it's kind of like those stories where there's some human representation of the Emperor (statue, mural, mosaic) being examined my a marine or chaos marine, thinking that it pales in comparison to the real-deal.

if you look at this picture, Horus is wearing what can only be terminator armor, whereas the Emperor is apparently wearing some super fancy artificer type power armor... so, if they were on a level ground standing next to eachother, then, if you assume that the emperor is only as tall as a primarch, then he would appear shorter than horus, due to the armor itself

• 4 weeks later...

The armour was most likely made for him, so somebody would have to put it on him. Buuuuuuuut (and it's a big but, as you can see :o ) it's every possibilty that the theorised illusion of his appearance can also be a physical one, where anyone touching him touches the illusion as if it's real.

That said, until there's official word of this topic we can only speculate. I'm not saying stop, this topic is fantastic! :tu:

:tu: Maybe he's a Chaos God?

• 2 weeks later...

It's worth remembering that most of the artwork you ever see of the emperor isn't simply 'a pic of the emp'

Usually, it's also an in-universe piece made by some source or other in the setting - usually the AdMinis

So the emperor always looks heroic, paternal and such because that's the way the AdMinis artists conceptualise him, if you see how I'm going with this.

TL;DR - most of the pics of the emp are lies

Well if he is over 3k in age or more, then it is reasonable to say he is xeno or an experiment of the old ones. The 5th ed pic of his rotting form reminds me of lord korak of the lizardmen. It is possible he is a decendant of the old ones, whose ability to shape reality would be similar. The fact he has no real sons and had to create them using technology from Mars bares the idea he can tap into old technology.

My belief, is that he was one of the last protectors of the Old Ones, kept to watch over the necron tomb over mars. Realises Chaos is the main threat since the Necron still sleeping and goes to build an army to combat them. Not realising that Chaos (being another creation of the Old Ones) could subvert his creations.

My 2 cents

Stad Posted Today, 05:19 AM

Well if he is over 3k in age or more, then it is reasonable to say he is xeno or an experiment of the old ones. The 5th ed pic of his rotting form reminds me of lord korak of the lizardmen. It is possible he is a decendant of the old ones, whose ability to shape reality would be similar.

That's got to be one of the better ones I've heard round here.

"The Emperor is a Slann! Purge the Xeno!" :D

*Ahem*

There's a pic from the old epic rules ( I believe ) which has him in power armour standing with some ultras and wolves - doesn't look too much bigger than a normal marine. I wouldn't expect the primarchs and the Emperor to be of hulk like proportions - that's orks which do that. I'd assume that their prescence and sheer physicality is what makes them 'giants of men' even compared to regular astartes.

~O

Even Psychic Nulls can be overcome. The Emperor's power is such that a Collar Of Khorne or Psychic Hood, or Pariah wouldn't stop him.

From Ravenor Rogue:

This is also somewhat proved by Zael burning out Wystan's untouchable ability.

Even Psychic Nulls can be overcome. The Emperor's power is such that a Collar Of Khorne or Psychic Hood, or Pariah wouldn't stop him.

This is also somewhat proved

by Zael burning out Wystan's untouchable ability in Ravenor Rogue.

Halfway through reading that book too, was doing so well to stop people spoiling anything in the series for me :D . Curse you internet! Curse you!

Personally, I like to think of The Emprah as described in the start of Mechanicum, which I'll not post since I have leant the book out to a mate, to try to get him reading more.

Halfway through reading that book too, was doing so well to stop people spoiling anything in the series for me :drool: . Curse you internet! Curse you!

Personally, I like to think of The Emprah as described in the start of Mechanicum, which I'll not post since I have leant the book out to a mate, to try to get him reading more.

ACK! I'm so sorry! I forgot the spoiler tags! :D

*Edit - fixed!

Halfway through reading that book too, was doing so well to stop people spoiling anything in the series for me :drool: . Curse you internet! Curse you!

ACK! I'm so sorry! I forgot the spoiler tags! :D

*Edit - fixed!

Ah don't worry about it good sir, I'm over it. Always a dangerous thing reading the internet, spoilers happen. Now I just want to know how the entire situation comes about!

Archived