Question about the Emperor

Ensis Ferrae

The only "modern" picture of the emp we have is him seated upon the golden throne looking little more than a rotted corpse. This is unfortunately no basis for comparison because all his flesh is gone, and there are no other people around for size analysis.

I guess it's just me but I get tired of "OH the Emperor is teh ebil, trixing you!" I know that's not how it's supposed to be when most people are talking, but it seems like we can't just have one decently GOOD thing in this game. The Imperium (IG and Marines) is horrendously bigoted, uncaring, and riven with strife. Chaos, the Necrons, and Dark Eldar would just as soon torture you for all eternity and feed upon your agony. The Tyranids just call you food. The Grey Knights and Sisters righteous as they are exemplify but the virtue and failing of the condition. The Eldar deign that they are so far beyond all the mere mortals as to be nearly god like, at least in their own oh so very high opinion of themselves. Orks well the name and connotations attached describe them. Even the supposedly "Greater Good" of the Tau looks to be little more than a sham.

It seems to me that the Emperor has to be real, because if there isn't at least one little tiny feeble ray of hope in this GRIM DARK future, then what's the point. We ought to all pack up and go home there's nothing worth saving, and all we're fighting for is a rotted husk of a sad and pathetic galaxy that deserves to burn. So while it's fun to theorize about all the dark conspiracy theories I hope non of them are true, and the God-Emperor is what he appears to be.

Its sheer propaganda and i'm happy to go along with it. They make out the Emperor to be 12 foot, shining and uber.

I'm sold. I'd rather have that mean sonova they make him out to be than a wrinkled old dude he looks like a dried prune.

No one knows who he was or what he does but he rallied mankind, unified it and grasped the galaxy by its proverbials. Now thats awesome sauce and he deserves 100% man points and not to be called a wrinkling old dude.

Oh and for anyone that moans about him being a rotted corpse in the Throne, I wonder how you'd look after being abused by the powers of chaos through your own 'son' as well as maintaining the Astronomicon constantly, so cut the big E some slack

i like to think that he has influenced humanity from the earliest days of civilization, although he did covertly, he hid in the darkest corners of the earth and fought many a foe that threatened humanity (ever wonder why there were no chaos incursions before humanity left earth?, or soon after?). He let humanity follow it's own path, and when they faced extinction and annhilation, he appearedas humanity's saviour and liberator. He cast away the darkness and began to conquor the galaxy in the name of man.

Archived