Inquisitorial Factions: Now with an Inquisitorial Census

Grand Master Tyrak

Eddie Orlock: Edward von Orlock :down: , Ordo Xenos.

Philosophy: 'Other (Radical ?)'

Coles notes version: Edward subscribes to the somewhat lost and obscure ideology that the Emperor forsaw a distant time in which humanity had completed its transition into being a psychically mature and awakened race and that his spirit essense continues to watch over his people even if he no longer intervenes in any physical capacity. (Not Thorian, no 'possesion') Ultimately, when man is aware of all the secrets of the universe as a psychically aware race there should be no insurmountable peril remaining, in this outlook he is very similar to certain factions of the Mechanicus and has been known to work closely with adepts of the omnimessiah in the quest for knowledge. Should humanity not destroy itself, they will eventually overcome the chaos within and as the dominant race in the galaxy the warp will calm by itself. Eds role as 'shepherd' is partially to cull the weak, but mostly to protect the herd from the dangers of a hostile galaxy to by time to the transformation to complete, accelerating the increase in understanding when it is possible.

Here I go:

Wrath: Lord Inquisitor Photios, Ordo Malleus, Thorian

Special Circumstances: Does not believe in the divinity of the Emperor; rather, believes that the Emperor is an annointed servant of the true Divine Power, and as such is worthy of great veneration though not true worship. Also believes that ultimately it will be necessary to "turn off" the Golden Throne in order to ensure the rebirth of the Emperor so that He can lead a renewed Imperium to its rightful place in the universe. Has beliefs about the nature of the warp that conflict with orthodoxy as well, namely that it is only the chaos and turmoil of the warp that is evil. Should it be possible to render the warp tranquil (by meditation and prayer, most likely) then it becomes a positive force for good and a mighty weapon against daemons and the false gods of Chaos.

For gameplay purposes I represent him with a Null Rod, sort of reflecting the calming effect that he has on the local warp area (defending himself and his retinue against all chaos-based attacks).

Wrath Posted Today, 02:10 AM

Here I go:

I have changed your rank to Inquisitor Lord, a Lord Inquisitor is an Inquisitor Lord in charge of a Segmentum, there are only ever 4 and they are second only to the Inquisitorial Representative. Gameplay ranks only please.

Eddie Orlock - if your 'other' philosophy has a name, feel free to include that like Commissar Molotov did with his Merusians.
I haven't found an 'official' name for it in official material, and I am content to have the character reject the established schools. 'Sides, at the time it wasn't listed on the front page, so any non-major alignment would be 'other' by default.

ooo...im liking this thread...seems a place to bring the old with the new...

my poor inquisitor has been lurking in my armies and fluff since 2nd ed or so:

Ghostlegion: Inquisitor Lord Helbrecht van Naertens, Ordo Obsoletus

Philosophy: Amalathian with Xanthite undertones...

Ordo Obsoletus, yes the old order of mysteries is still lurking around and some of us remember it well...wonder if any of you will remember Ordo Sicarius and the other older ordos?

Ordo Sicarius is fine, as is the Ordo Sepulturum. Just for reference though, could you provide details of the Ordo Obsoletus, The Inquisition sourcebook failed to include it.

Amalathian + Xanthite doesn't help though, specify which one he should end up in on the list, or I'll put him in 'Other'.

To update earlier post in line with the census

Sceleris: Inquisitor Lord Kagor “the Warlock”; Ordo Hereticus; Xanthite

Powerful psychic who’s retinue contains a number of witches, familars, torturers and some radical monks. Rational is to fight fire with hell-fire and use chaos against itself.

Puritan Inquisitor Edereal

Monodominants (religously) Ordo Malleus/Herectus: against all radical, leaniant towards Isstvanians

It makes sense that through victory the Imperium can become stronger, increase their faith, that the emperor will guide them, and Imperial Law (purity and guidance) will ultimately provide the basis for going about their duty.

I'm almost Isstvanians, but why is that one Radical?

Strongly Against Thorian Philosphy because, only knowledgable individuals would follow this path. For it's philosphy will be spread to incapable minds... these minds becoming susceptable to power of chaos influence.

Generally means a few Inquisitors get assassinated...

Although this does not mean Techmarine and machine Gods philosphy/religion? is ignored or fought against.

I'm not really an Inquisitor player (actually I'm definitely not one), but I tend to lean towards Thorian because it makes the most sense in regards to Acts of Faith and Living Saint. And because Sebastian Thor was frickin' awesome in regards to his ability to unit the galaxy and reform the Imperium, saving it from destruction almost single-handedly.

So...

Melissia: Canoness Emelia Stone, Orders Militant of the Adepta Sororitas

--Thorian

Chengar Qordath: Inquisitor Lady Rhiannon Kolbe of the Ordo Malleus, Horusian

She's tricky to pin down precisely, but Horusian is probably the closest to her actual philosophy. There are definately some Thorian elements too, as her basic belief is that the God-Emperor has ascended to Godhood and most focus on matters divine, while his chosen heir rules the Imperium in his name. She spends most of her time trying to discover the identity of the Emperor's heir, and when/if she finds whoever she believes to be the heir she will do everything in her power to deliver control of the Imperium to the person she views as its rightful ruler.

CharityOfLight, Inquisitor Lord Malleon Krace, Ordo Hereticus, Decian

The Decians have their roots traced to the now-dead Inquisitor Decius Brutus, who was originally Thorian, but eventually believed that the 'Avatars of the Emperor' should be used differently. According to Decius, the avatars of His Majesty should be elevated to the highest possible military positions, where their divine talents could be used in the Imperium's many crusades and wars, and that trying to make an avatar a permanent vessel of the Emperor was a waste of time. This notion, being traced to Horusian beliefs coupled with his own ideas, got Decius kicked out of the Thorians, even going far enough to have one, Inquisitor Leonid Karkarus, to hunt down and kill him. Decius Brutus's ideas didn't die, however, as his interrogator, Caius Linneaus, brought the words of his former master to many other inquisitors. Caius, though, added his own ideas, many of them perhaps overly ambitious and heretical. Taking from the basic beliefs of the Monodominants, Caius sought to create a new Imperium that shunned any form of mutation, heresy, and witchcraft, while the avatars of the Holy Emperor fight of purge the enemies of Mankind. Caius was eventually hunted down and killed by other agents of the Ordo Hereticus, but the Decian faction was already formed, and it wasn't going anywhere. Only recently have the Decians started to show their faces again, this under the leadership of Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord Malleon Karce and the secret syndicate called the 'Charity of Light'. Under Krace's banner is a new individual, though, a person that the Decians believe is truly the greatest avatar of the Emperor, a god made flesh. A Grey Knight who secretly left because he believed that the Ordo Malleus's underground approach to combating the daemonic, Constantine has become almost an idol to the Decians, especially Krace and his disciples. The Charity of Light supported Constantine's creation of the 'Legion of Light', an alliance of different Space Marines with gene-seeds from all over formed into Decian-based Chapters across the Imperium. There are six Legion of Light Chapters;

The Shining Apostles

The Holy Shroud

The Luminous Blades

The Slayers of Shadows

The Incandescent Warriors

The Flames of Salvation

All of these Chapters fall under the control of Constantine, who, although usually acting on his own, will follow any orders given to him by Malleon Krace. Considering Krace's surprisingly large influence, even on some Sororitas Orders (The Order of the Wilting Rose, the Order of the Bloody Stars, and the Order of the Blessed Sheild), Krace is considered dangerous by the Inquisition, but whether he follows Linneaus's ideal of a 'new Imperium' is still unclear. Only time will tell if Krace will try and make Caius's dream come true, or whether Constantine is really an avatar of the Emperor.

(Oooppps, I think a ranted a bit. Hope I didn't bore anybody who read this. Oh well, cheers :lol: )

There were at least a few Istvaanians before we added the additional details.. perhaps you could add them as Forum name: ____________, Istvaanian or something to the census until they provide the rest of the details? Or something similar for Ordo (a blank space), etc.

Ordo Sicarius is fine, as is the Ordo Sepulturum. Just for reference though, could you provide details of the Ordo Obsoletus, The Inquisition sourcebook failed to include it.

Amalathian + Xanthite doesn't help though, specify which one he should end up in on the list, or I'll put him in 'Other'.

Other would probably be best for him.

The Obsoletus was first referenced in White Dwarf#195 p13 (iirc and my search fu is serving me well). They were the "order of mysteries" and got an X-Files-esque vibe for taking on issues/inquiries other inquisitors did not want or could not solve. One big item that only the Obsoletus were given were the investivations into the Legion of the Damned and their appearances/disappearances throughout the Imperium. Of course, the old Dark Heresy book referenced the Obsoletus as the order that dealt with the classification of threats before passing them to one of the main three orders (Malleus, Xenos, Hereticus respectively). Unfortunately I do not have the reference for that off hand.

In publishing, I think there were only 1 or 2 references to the Ordo from GW over the years...makes for fun work.

Wrath Posted Today, 02:10 AM

Here I go:

I have changed your rank to Inquisitor Lord, a Lord Inquisitor is an Inquisitor Lord in charge of a Segmentum, there are only ever 4 and they are second only to the Inquisitorial Representative. Gameplay ranks only please.

Now that I did not know. One learns something new every day.

Lord Inquisitor sounds so much better than Inquisitor Lord though...

Archived