[Artwork] 'Libris Primaris'

Wow!

I'm gone for some days and I find a lot of great comments here in this thread! And (risking a bit of a 'bump the thread' vibe), I'll just say that I'm truly grateful for all the kind words you've all had towards these renditions.

I'm a bit behind on the next Primarch (Rogal Dorn), because I had a pretty severe computer crash these last couple of weeks, that left me crippled and unable to reply or even check messages at all! It's solved, for the moment (and I hope I have no more interferences of that kind), so I'll surely be trying to keep up to the standard and deliver a Dorn worthy of your expectations, brothers.

To address certain common questions; yes, these were requested by a client of mine, and he's going to have them all. He HAS the Emperor and Horus on his arms, indeed :D What this means is that I'll be doing all of the Primarchs, so every request you have for the next will be addressed in time. But, since this is not a project based on a deadline or a 'must be this character next', I'm pretty much trusting my instincts and whichever Primarch springs up on the paper when I sit down and sketch.

I also do all of this wor, traditionally, and I'd like to thank Molotov for pointing out that tutorial (which is as close as how I work nowadays as can be, though I will update it soon, I expect). And I also have to thank Colrouphobic for answering the eternal question of 'Will Rusted continue...?'; unfortunately, no. As has been stated, FreakForge and I decided to go on our separate ways, him focusing more on his sculpting and I more on my illustrating; though there IS a huge project of a comic for me involving a famous character of the Dark Millenium that I can't yet say anything about. Though you'll surely see the news posted here on the boards as soon as there's something solid!

Thank you all again and I expect to update very soon!

Aerion.-

Could you PLEEEAAAASSSSEEE do Lorgar.....I always find him as one of the more underapreciated Primarchs. I mean....HE STARTED THE HORUS HERESY BY TURNING HORUS TO CHAOS!!!!!

I think he would be a cool guy to do a buch of spikes and crazy chaos symbols. You could make him look really, and i mean REALLY EVIL!!!!!!

(And if you wanted to you could maybe do one of him nice and normal, before the heresy, and then totally corrupt and evil, during..... :HQ: )

• 1 month later...

*phew*

That certainly took longer than I expected, but there are quite a few projects on my plate these days and so my client has been very understanding and kind leaving me enough room to work on the Emperor's Sons at my own pace; it is certainly a relief, because that way I can pay the proper attention I've been paying to all of them so far.

Next up is what I'd promised; the prodigal son himself, the mighty Fist of the Imperium: Rogal Dorn!

This one was certainly quite a challene, because the first rendition i did of Dorn is still counted amongst my most praised pieces and I was hoping I could improve upon that, adding a new level of technique and flavour to it. I think I have succeded though you will be the ones to let me know that, as usual, my brothers.

There was ONE detail that had bothered me and everyone pointed out at some point, which was that Dorn had white hair (as told in the HH books) and it became quite canon; so that's something I updated, though I kept the moustache that made my vision so renowned and gave Rogal that staunch air of pride and patronising look.

So, without further ado...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/PUGNIIMPERIUM.jpg

I hope you find it to your liking, as I said, and C&C are always welcome! Next up: Fulgrim!

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Fantastic as always Aerion ! Whose up next?
[...]

I hope you find it to your liking, as I said, and C&C are always welcome! Next up: Fulgrim!

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Nic, wonderful work, but you already know I feel that way :lol:

Can I be honest and say that I really don't care for your new interpretation of Dorn? *dodges tomatoes and frag grenades*

Seriously, when I think of the Imperial Fists, I honestly think that Dorn looks like (and might actually be >.>) this guy instead:

http://www.subversiveinfluence.com/images/.../mikeholmes.png

Thank you for the support, my brothers! I don't have as much time as I used to to answer all of the messages you sent me individually, but be sure that I read them all and I'm glad you're supporting me as usual.

As for my rendition of Dorn not being so 'canon', well... all I can say is that that is the beauty of having such a great universe at hand to play with; it gives us all the possibility to image it however we want (as far as we respect certain boundaries and the official take on some stuff). You're, of course, within that freedom, entitled to hate me or love my work...

Next up is Fulgrim, as I mentioned, which is a design I really want to revisit and hope to reinvigorate as I've done with these other Primarchs.

Keep those comments coming and I'll be here as usual!

Thank you again!

Aerion.-

He has this noble pratician warrior air about him. I supose you could say that the previous picture was from when Dorn was on crusade, and this one durring the deffence of Terra. The the hard act of holding the holy of holies aginst Horus could make even a man such as Dorn go grey. That is a drawing that deserves to be framed, it would make one hell of a mini also.

Nice work. I really like the gloves on Rogal Dorn. You managed to make them look futuristic and advanced but still fit into the 40K universe, and that is not easy.

I was just thinking the same thing.... It is especially important because he is the Imperial Fist.

*phew*

That certainly took longer than I expected, but there are quite a few projects on my plate these days and so my client has been very understanding and kind leaving me enough room to work on the Emperor's Sons at my own pace; it is certainly a relief, because that way I can pay the proper attention I've been paying to all of them so far.

Next up is what I'd promised; the prodigal son himself, the mighty Fist of the Imperium: Rogal Dorn!

This one was certainly quite a challene, because the first rendition i did of Dorn is still counted amongst my most praised pieces and I was hoping I could improve upon that, adding a new level of technique and flavour to it. I think I have succeded though you will be the ones to let me know that, as usual, my brothers.

There was ONE detail that had bothered me and everyone pointed out at some point, which was that Dorn had white hair (as told in the HH books) and it became quite canon; so that's something I updated, though I kept the moustache that made my vision so renowned and gave Rogal that staunch air of pride and patronising look.

So, without further ado...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/PUGNIIMPERIUM.jpg

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

LOVE IT!!!!

He's fantastic! I love your vision of Rogal Dorn! This is exactly how I picture him.

Is there somewhere I can see your original versions of all the Primarchs you've done? The ones that I have seen look fantastic also & I'd love to see the rest.

Edited by AngryJohnny

Absolutely love Dorn, although i have to be blunt about the facial hair, hate it. Looks far to over the top. He looks regal and pompous with the facial expression i don't like the way you have protrayed him as a prussian style general by way of the face.

Could have done much better with that to make it less obvious.

Edited by Pulse