The Fate of Ferrus Mannus

Brother Cassern

*******************************************************************************************

WARNING:

I am asking for spoilers that could come from a number of Horus Heresy novels including, but not limited to, Fulgrim. If you have not read any of these titles yet and do not wish for the story to be ruined for you I would suggest not reading this thread!

*******************************************************************************************

I have not yet read Fulgrim but to cement an idea I'm having I need to know everything I can about the fate of Ferrus Mannus, what went down between him and Fulgrim and what happened to Ferrus Mannus' remains if he is in fact dead. Further, any and all information on how the Iron Hands have responded to these events during and after the Heresy. I've also been told there was involvement from the Iron Warriors, with Fulgrim presenting one of Ferrus' artifacts or some such to Peturabo.

Please fill me in on this!

fulgrim (or more like the daemon possessing him) beheaded ferrus in personal combat.

he then presented the head to horus.

i dont remember what reaction the Iron Hands had, but at this point they were pretty much massacred anyways. i dont think they could have mustered much of a vengeance shot at this point.

i dont remember about fulgrim presenting peturabo anything, but i know he and ferrus actually "swapped" weapons during their first fight.

wolf lord kieran

Fulgrim does indeed behead Ferrus, with a Chaos sword found on a xenos planet.

He presents the head to Horus, who is very interestingly appalled.

Horus presents Perturabo with Forgebreaker, a great warhammer crafted by Fulgrim and carried by Ferrus during the Great Crusade. Fulgrim reclaims it from Ferrus during their first fight abourd Ferrus' ship.

There is also mention that a vision of Ferrus appeared to the Iron Hands promising he would return. I believe this is from the IA article for the Iron Hands, not in Fulgrim

Only the Morlocks were massacred (ten companies of them), the rest of the Legion were still on their way to Istvaan V at the time so (presumably) arrived after Horus departed for Terra.

I can't remember anywhere saying Fulgrim gave Perturabo a hammer (in the books, at least) and I thought in IA it was Horus who gave him the hammer to corrupt him... It would fit though...

The Morlocks were Ferrus Manus' bodyguard. There would seem to have been at least ten companies of them (that's how many left the main fleet with the primarch on their way to Istvaan V). They all wear terminator armour the colour of unpainted iron.

It isn't specified whether these are all the terminators in the Legion - I suspect that other companies would have their own squad painted in normal legion colours.

Archived