Alpharius and Omegon

Captain Kael

I am interested in the Alpha Legion and I wanted to know why they turned to Chaos and what happened to their primarchs.

I have not yet read the book Legion, but I don't care if you tell me what happens. What I do know is that Horus and Alpahrius were very close. Alpharius may have been killed by Guilliman due to their feud. I heard they are truly loyal to the Emperor and even the Lexicanum says that one of there war cries is: For the Emperor. Or is he just a Demon Prince because he really does worship Chaos.

But what happens to Omeggon?

And the Alpha Legion, you don't really here about them a lot.

Captain Kael :o

Noone knows the exact motivations behind the Alpha Legions actions, and noone Knows the true fate of their Primarch :)

They did have a vision of the Galaxy showing possible endings of the heresy, and apparently sided with the Alien cabal in aiding Horus. Apparently.

Id heartily recommend Legion though, its an excellent read.

Well, they turned to Chaos, apparently, to help the Imperial...Really a OH NO THEY DIDN'T! moment.

Also, people think none of them were hurt, since the UM lied about wining, or they sent one of there taller captains, who looked like them, as they ran and hide.

All is sneaky with the AL.

Wasn't Alpharion killed and Omegatron stands in his place?

No-one knows whether it's that way or the other way round.

As for the Alpha Legion apparently they've been reported as being destroyed at least twice before but they always manage to come back. At the moment they're infiltrating space marine chapters to destroy them from the inside, theres a story about in the chaos codex.

Is Alpharius a demon prince?

As for the Alpha Legion apparently they've been reported as being destroyed at least twice before but they always manage to come back. At the moment they're infiltrating space marine chapters to destroy them from the inside, theres a story about in the chaos codex

And if they are truly loyal to the emperor then why are they infiltrating chapters to destroy them from the inside?

Also are Alpharius and Omeggon seperate primarchs? Or is this an effect of the warp travel to other planets from the emperor's lab due to the chaos gods thing?

My friend and I came up with a theory that Omeggon stayed loyal and Alpharius didn't and their was a civil war in the chapter. That would be cool in my opinion.

But where are the facts? Has GW have no sympathy for the Alpha Legion lovers?! :P

Captain Kael :huh:

My friend and I came up with a theory that Omeggon stayed loyal and Alpharius didn't and their was a civil war in the chapter. That would be cool in my opinion.

I have a similar idea along those lines, but the whole civil war is deliberately orchestrated. Alpharius and Omehon decide to split the Legion and take different sides, so no matter who wins the Legion will survive. This is based of various Samurai clans in the 1500s who did just this.

With regards to whether Alpharius is a Daemon Prince, no-one knows. Anything. Thats the Alpha Legion for you. ^_^

But where are the facts? Has GW have no sympathy for the Alpha Legion lovers?!

The Alpha Legion gets enough love, people just don't know where to look. Can't blame them though, the AL is not the kind of army that belongs in the spot light - even Legion doesn't focus that much on them.

However, most fluff beyond Legion is less ambiguous and doesn't really support most theories about them.

Wasn't Alpharion killed and Omegatron stands in his place?

No-one knows whether it's that way or the other way round.

As for the Alpha Legion apparently they've been reported as being destroyed at least twice before but they always manage to come back. At the moment they're infiltrating space marine chapters to destroy them from the inside, theres a story about in the chaos codex.

Given their temperaments, I'd say it would be the other way around with Omegon going traitor and Alpharius staying 'loyal', albeit his version of what 'loyal' should mean...

Or something like that!

Well, there was an argument whether, the current Alpha Legion was evil or not. Someone suggested that the AL is only loyal to one being, that being the emperor and they feel that the current Imperium is against what was supposed to happen and therefor want to destroy it.

As for what happened to A & O

The Alpha Legion was called into help the IG on a chaos infected world. Compared to other legions the AL seem to know more about chaos then most of the others. An agent of the Cabal, (A group of different Xenos led by an Eldar) John Grammaticus, the only human in the organization, attempts to contact the Alpha Legion. When the Alpha Legion and the Cabal meet, the Cabal show the Alpha Legion that if Horus wins, the world will be thrust into Chaos until Horus destroys it and the Human race forever. If the Emperor wins Chaos will be driven back, but overtime will seep into the Imperium again, and this time will conquer all. In the end they turn against the Emperor for the Emperor.

The book is well written and I heartily recommend it.

I am interested in the Alpha Legion and I wanted to know why they turned to Chaos and what happened to their primarchs.

I have not yet read the book Legion, but I don't care if you tell me what happens. What I do know is that Horus and Alpahrius were very close. Alpharius may have been killed by Guilliman due to their feud. I heard they are truly loyal to the Emperor and even the Lexicanum says that one of there war cries is: For the Emperor. Or is he just a Demon Prince because he really does worship Chaos.

Captain Kael :)

There is no Omeggon. This was a lie, as is every thing that the Alpha Legion says. The book legion was ok but a total propaganda piece. The only thing about them that seems solid is that they are the XX Legion and that they killed Raven Guard, Iron Hands, and Salamanders on Isstavan V.

Captain Kael ;)

There is no Omeggon. This was a lie, as is every thing that the Alpha Legion says. The book legion was ok but a total propaganda piece. The only thing about them that seems solid is that they are the XX Legion and that they killed Raven Guard, Iron Hands, and Salamanders on Isstavan V.

How can you say that? Even GW confirms that Omeggon exists.

I still say the leaders stay loyal and pulled out there own soldiers who knew they would stay loyal after lying about joining Chaos.

I mean, being with Chaos so much, you're likely to go under its spell, and lead other AL traitors, so I think A & O took some of there most loyal, and left after the Heresy.

Still say the AL and the k1 Sons were on of the most loyal SM chapters, even thought some of them joined chaos. (For the k1 Sons, they all joined.)

No one knows. the whole thing with the alpha legion is that all of the fluff given about their actual background and inner workings is very suspect and unreliable. The alpha legion are extremely secretive and no one can know their true motives. the only legions we know less about are the two lost ones.

While Guilliman may have slain one of them the whole battle is denied to have ever happened by UM's which means it probably didn't since the smurfs wouldn't pass up a battle honor or the right to gloat their primarch managed to kill a traitor primarch. And the historian that gives most of the history of the battle is later discovered to be an agent of the alpha legion meaning he was likely feeding the imperials misinformation.

No one knows. the whole thing with the alpha legion is that all of the fluff given about their actual background and inner workings is very suspect and unreliable. The alpha legion are extremely secretive and no one can know their true motives. the only legions we know less about are the two lost ones.

While Guilliman may have slain one of them the whole battle is denied to have ever happened by UM's which means it probably didn't since the smurfs wouldn't pass up a battle honor or the right to gloat their primarch managed to kill a traitor primarch. And the historian that gives most of the history of the battle is later discovered to be an agent of the alpha legion meaning he was likely feeding the imperials misinformation.

Well the Ultramarines lost that battle pretty badly, if I recall correctly, the AL marines went into a killing frenzy after the supposed "death" of Alpahrius. The Ultramarines had lost almost all their men in that battle and they had to retreat and pull out of the planet. So maybe the Ultramarines deny the battle is because they got their backsides handed to them.

The last part, about the agent. How was he found out? If he was really working for the Alpha Legion then he should not have made that mistake.

Also, I have a theory, that maybe the loyal Alpha Legion members ratted him out to the Imperials in a secret way to deny the traitorous Alpha Legion their fake story.

But just a theory, I am a firm believer of the Alpha Legion beign loyal to the Emperor, or at least some of it. :P

Captain Kael :)

No one knows. the whole thing with the alpha legion is that all of the fluff given about their actual background and inner workings is very suspect and unreliable.
That applies mostly to "Legion" and Index Astartes.

While Guilliman may have slain one of them the whole battle is denied to have ever happened by UM's which means it probably didn't since the smurfs wouldn't pass up a battle honor or the right to gloat their primarch managed to kill a traitor primarch.
The Ultramarines never denied that the battle happened. They questioned the validity of the journal that gave details about it.

And the historian that gives most of the history of the battle is later discovered to be an agent of the alpha legion meaning he was likely feeding the imperials misinformation.
A single Inquisitor openly accused him of conspiring with traitors and causing cultist unrest and that his work may have been influenced by the Legion, but Kravin was never proven to be allied with the Alpha Legion.

the AL marines went into a killing frenzy after the supposed "death" of Alpahrius.
According to the only source they didn't.

the AL marines went into a killing frenzy after the supposed "death" of Alpahrius.
According to the only source they didn't.

Believing that Guilliman would adopt his standard Codex deployment procedures, Alpharius was surprised by the Ultramarines, as a splinter force including their Primarch made a quick strike at the Alpha Legion's headquarters. Both Primarchs met in combat and Alpharius was killed. Believing the combat over, for who could ever survive the loss of their Primarch in battle, the Ultramarines were taken by surprise by the remaining elements of the Alpha Legion, when they struck back a day later. After a week of constant fighting and heavy losses, the Ultramarines strike force managed to reunite with their main elements, and quickly evacuated the planet. Even though they had lost their Primarch, the Alpha Legion had soundly beaten the Ultramarines, who proceeded to bombard their foes' position from outer space. It should be noted, however, that Alpharius's death is still considered suspect even by the Ultramarines, and he may still be at large.2 On the other hand, it is possible that 'Alpharius' did indeed die and 'Omegon' took sole command of the Legion. Whatever the truth, the Primarch of the Alpha Legion has not been seen since.

The Lexicanum says that and the lexicanum states that the sources for that info are the book Legion and Index Astartes IV.

The Alpha Legion don't do "killing frenzy's". They remained as the Alpha Legion always do. Cool, methodical and ruthless. The possible deaths of one of their primarchs affected them not in the slightest as they had always been trained and encouraged to operate without a leader.

Archived