Alpharius and Omegon

Captain Kael

Ok has anyone thought that the remnants of the Alpha legion who split after the turn to Chaos (stealing the idea from a previous thread) are actually the fabled Legion of the Damned? I know that there is talk about how the Legion are the Fire Hawks but think about it, Alpharus and Omegron are both tactical genius and masters of sublty. Which leads to Legion turning up when they are most needed as well as Inquisitors being strangely elsewhere when they are on the field...

Ok its a long shot but this is fiction we are talking about here.

Wan

My friend and I came up with a theory that Omeggon stayed loyal and Alpharius didn't and their was a civil war in the chapter. That would be cool in my opinion.

I have a similar idea along those lines, but the whole civil war is deliberately orchestrated. Alpharius and Omehon decide to split the Legion and take different sides, so no matter who wins the Legion will survive. This is based of various Samurai clans in the 1500s who did just this.

With regards to whether Alpharius is a Daemon Prince, no-one knows. Anything. Thats the Alpha Legion for you. :(

There was a rumour going around that the follow up to Legion will feature one brother following Horus, and the other the Emperor. As to whether their is a civil war within the chapter I have no idea, but certainly supposedly identical twins choosing different paths would demonstrate more than anything else the divisive nature of the Heresy.

1: The battle of Eskrador is only described in Index Astartes and not in Legion.

2: The Alpha Legion did not engage into a killing frenzy.

Well then I guess the Lexicanum has failed me B)

I noticed in your sig, who is volodrious and arkos?

The Alpha Legion don't do "killing frenzy's". They remained as the Alpha Legion always do. Cool, methodical and ruthless. The possible deaths of one of their primarchs affected them not in the slightest as they had always been trained and encouraged to operate without a leader.

Same as above :P

So then they just did not care that their primarch died? Usually a marine would freak out and like feel like the world has ended if his primarch died.

So then they just did not care that their primarch died? Usually a marine would freak out and like feel like the world has ended if his primarch died.

Alpharius would occasionally disappear during a battle to see how well the legion functioned without his leadership. Because of this, the Alpha Legion wasn't really affected by the loss of their commander. They probably cared afterward, since he was their Primarch, but at that moment they were more concerned with beating the Ultramarines.

I noticed in your sig, who is volodrious and arkos?

Post-heresy Alpha Legionnaires.

Voldorius was a genocide loving Daemon prince who was slain in 871M.41 by Kor'sarro Khan and Kayvaan Shrike.

Arkos the "Scion of Alpharius" on the other hand is a Lord who lurks in the Eye of Terror. In Forge World's "Siege of Vraks" campaign he turns the planet into a playground for other warbands.

Exactly what Guilliman expected.

However, self-reliance and initiative are as much a part of the Legion as secrecy.

There was a rumour going around that the follow up to Legion will feature one brother following Horus, and the other the Emperor. As to whether their is a civil war within the chapter I have no idea, but certainly supposedly identical twins choosing different paths would demonstrate more than anything else the divisive nature of the Heresy.

I find this a very plausible theory. The Cabal tries to convince Alpharius and Omegon that there are only two possible outcomes to the Horus Heresy. What if the Alpha Legion hedged their bets by playing both sides? Alpharius willingly falls to Chaos along with half the legion to ensure that Horus doesn't destroy the human race. The other half willingly hides out for the duration of the war with Omegon on the chance that Horus fails. Both sides are secretly working to prevent either of the Cabal's predictions from coming true.

Once the Legions break up into chapters, the loyal Alphas give themselves a repaint and sneak back into the Imperium's good graces under new names. And unlike every other chapter, they have the advantage of having an actual, living primarch in charge.

Archived