The History and Legacy of Dorn's Betrayal

Aurelius Rex

Hi everyone, sorry for just dropping off the world without notice. A number of personal problems have kept me off the board for the last two months, but I think things have calmed down now to the point where I can get this going again. Speak to you all soon.

Aurelius.

Awesome, really looking forwards to it...

Hi everyone, sorry for just dropping off the world without notice. A number of personal problems have kept me off the board for the last two months, but I think things have calmed down now to the point where I can get this going again. Speak to you all soon.

Aurelius.

I imagine that hiding from the Inquisition and all their talk of "blasphemy" and "unholy slander" would eat up a few months. Glad to have you back.

• 8 months later...

You'd have to ask aurelius on that. It may be that Loken and Lucius simply played much reduced parts in this universe. Or the story he wished to tell didn't require them in it to work. There is a limit to how long these articles can be.

On an unrelated note, I've been thinking about ways to possibly tie in some of the Successor chapters to the Dornian Heresy Legions. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Here's what I got so far

Lamenters

Flesh tearers

Flawless host

Genesis

Silver Skulls

Mortifactors

Blood Drinkers

Consecrators

Knights of Caliban

Angels of redemption

Beasts of Annihilation

Anyone else been giving any thought on this?

An Idea for a Raven Gaurd Warband

Bird's of Prey?

Or another Legion (doent really matter which)

Angels of Oblivion

well its just a thought

So many good ideas in this thread. always such an interesting read.

@cormac

I like you idea there. different animals would definetly work as a way to differentiate the different companies.

@kelbor

The one problem with disregarding the jaw is that the picture from the Legio Imprint shows them on the shoulder.

@AGPO

another good idea, i guess it depends on whether you want to emphasize your marines as destroyers or protectors.

On a Related not

I had a thought regarding Scouts after I was considering how the recruitment process would differ in a universe without the codex astartes.

Considering how the World Eater's emphasize control of their emotions and avoiding the risk of becoming blood drunk, I thought that this would be key to the education process of WorldEater scouts. My theory is that World Eater Scouts would start out as snipers, infiltrators, and long range support (possibly as spotters for devastators). they would stay in this position until they could prove their ability to keep calm and in control during the heat of battle. Once a scout has demonstrated his mettle, he would then be promoted to a position in a tactical squads. there, he would face opponents close in and get his first taste of melee. If he acquits himself honorably, he would then be allowed to take his place in an assault squad.

I figured that there would probably be additional commemorating each step along the path. A ritual for when the recruit takes on the tatoos honoring the removal of the aggression chips, the presenting of a initiates forst chain ax, etc.

I also started thinking how this might differ with other chapters

In addition tot he World Eaters, Had the same thoughts for the other loyal legions.

Emperor's Children = Black Templar, Knight/apprentice relationship. Teacher helps the student and impresses on him the importance of living up to the EC's legacy.

Iron Warrior = no scouts, recruits train as part of a team tending artillery or garrisoning worlds until they get the chance to prove themselves.

Word Bearers = monk/deacon/priest progression? Word Bearer's are described as having a flexible structure. I figured that recruits would first start out like monks, then progressing to new levels based on their knowledge of the Imperial creed and battle. maybe they get deployed to minister to Some fraternis Milita for a while.

Thousand Sons = Similiar to Grey Knights.

Alpha Legion = not sure. Spy like? long term deep cover missions? infiltration? date gathering?

Night Lords = not sure... any ideas?

Night Lords from what i read they seemed prone to selsacrifice like the alternat Konrad Kruze.

Maybe Ambushers capable of inflatrating enemy lines aswell as being able to effectively use open combat if necessary?

Archived