Death Guard Tactica

DemetriiTZ

Havocs are a no-brainer. 5 havocs with autocannons put out 8 S7 48" shots per turn, and weighs in at 115 points (130 if you feel morally obligated to take the mark). Compare two squads of this to a single unit of 3 Obliterators, which is your other good choice for the heavy slot, for about the same points.

Can't speak for possessed, haven't used them, but my nose is to the ground and the word is they stink.

Havocs are a no-brainer. 5 havocs with autocannons put out 8 S7 48" shots per turn, and weighs in at 115 points (130 if you feel morally obligated to take the mark). Compare two squads of this to a single unit of 3 Obliterators, which is your other good choice for the heavy slot, for about the same points.

Can't speak for possessed, haven't used them, but my nose is to the ground and the word is they stink.

Perfect since I've already modeled a few with my extra heavy weapons bitz (heavy-bolters anyway), so I'll take a few Havocs for one of my Heavy Support selections and use them for anti-horde (heavy-bolters being the only heavy weapon in abundance in my bitz). Thanks. :P

Perfect since I've already modeled a few with my extra heavy weapons bitz (heavy-bolters anyway), so I'll take a few Havocs for one of my Heavy Support selections and use them for anti-horde (heavy-bolters being the only heavy weapon in abundance in my bitz). Thanks. :huh:

I wouldn't use heavy bolters, but circus nurgling is right, havocs are amazing in this new edition. I never build a list without them. Missile launchers are viable, but autocannons are better, just because of the sheer number of shots. I use a forgefiend to make up for not having any S8, and I tear things apart in most games. running double AC havoc teams is just disgusting, and some opponents will actually cry OP if you do it, just to warn you.

Edit: It's not OP, but some whiners will cry that it is. Just clarifying that.

Well if I'm reading this rulebook right then the heavy bolter's stats are 36", S5, AP4, 3 Shots compared to the autocannon's 48", S7, AP4, 2 Shots so yeah autocannon is way better. I best get some autocannons then, thanks for pointing that out. Oh and I'm liking that Forgefiend idea of yours, those twin Hades autocannons look sweet. I'm not to keen on using the Forgefiend's ectoplasma cannons though, I read a battle report on a guy who rolled bad and ended up blowing himself up with that "Gets Hot" rule.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've been really tempted to get a forgefiend to complement my autocannon teams with some S8... eventually I probably will, but I'm still wary of anything with a vehicle tag on it in 6th.

Oh and the AC havocs are not OP. OP, in my book, gives you an auto-win button, which the AC havocs certainly do not.

I quite like my forgefiend, just hades autocannons, bs3 is annoying, but I generally get between 3 and 5 hits, and mainly use it as anti flyer fire power (alongside my autocannon havocs).

Having to declare daemonforge at the start of the shooting phase is a bit annoying, but is great on the baleflamer from the heldrake :)

OK time for my secondary HQ choice (My Daemon Prince being the first of course). Alright here's what I came up with, Terminator Sorcerer 140pts (Termi, Force Stave Scythe, Combi-bolter, Mastery Level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Familiar) Discipline of Nurgle. OK I know the Sorcerer isn't as tough as the Lord, but I figure a potential Instant Kill with a force weapon is good and access to all those Nurgi powers is a nice bonus too (and he's a lot cheaper then Typhus). What do you guys think?

Terminator armor means you lose an attack (because you lose the ccw/bolt pistol combo) in close combat, but you get a boost to survivability, so... You could give him a power weapon to get the extra attack back...

Discipline of Nurgle is ok... but I go mastery 3 with Biomancy. Biomancy can either buff my Lord or Sorcerer before charges or potentially debuff the enemy unit. It's a great discipline, and very fluffy as well. Familiar imo is a waste of points, but not all players think so, so if you have the points go for it. It shouldn't compete for a 3rd mastery level though, as that can give you the roll you need for an uber biomancy power. Only roll 1 on the nurgle table (as is required) and 2 from biomancy.

Alternatively, you could go with an unmarked sorcerer and roll 3 from the biomancy table.

Alright I'll drop the familiar and add a mastery level with Biomancy (I rather like Haemorrhage "the unfortunate foe's blood begins to boil in its own veins, tearing him asunder as it bursts from every pore.' Awesome.) New stats for Nurgi Termi Sorcerer (Termi Armour, combi-bolter, force weapon "scythe", Mastery Level 3, mark of Nurgle) Discipline of Nurgle, Discipline of Biomancy. The mark of Nurgle+Termi Armour should provide him with a solid defense, while his high mastery level gives him options (activate force weapon or cast a wicked spell).

It's not taken away. It's a special rule that's endemic to terminator armor. They automatically get Deep Strike, Relentless, and a 5+ Invulnerable Save from their termie armor.

Don't drop the spell familiar. You will kick yourself in the butt for doing that. Well, I did at least. I skipped on it in precisely one game, and it's the only game I've lost. My sorcerer died because I didn't take it. Eldar are frustrating. That re-roll WILL save your sorcerer. I guarantee it.

Circus Nurgling is right, nurgle powers are cool, but biomancy takes the cake. I take one nurgle power, and then two biomancy powers. The ability to maybe grant FNP to your cultists, and/or chosen is absolutely priceless.

I hadn't realized the Deep Strike was included in their armor, thank you. I agree with you on the familiar, I'll definitely keep it (15pts for a re-roll seems to be a good deal), I was thinking of using a Warhammer fantasy Skaven to model it too (I mean whats better for a Nurgle familiar than a ugly plague-rat).

It's not taken away. It's a special rule that's endemic to terminator armor. They automatically get Deep Strike, Relentless, and a 5+ Invulnerable Save from their termie armor.

Don't drop the spell familiar. You will kick yourself in the butt for doing that. Well, I did at least. I skipped on it in precisely one game, and it's the only game I've lost. My sorcerer died because I didn't take it. Eldar are frustrating. That re-roll WILL save your sorcerer. I guarantee it.

Circus Nurgling is right, nurgle powers are cool, but biomancy takes the cake. I take one nurgle power, and then two biomancy powers. The ability to maybe grant FNP to your cultists, and/or chosen is absolutely priceless.

Well that's a pretty good point, and one that I hadn't considered because I don't often play eldar. I have exactly 1 friend that plays them, and they've been shelved for over a year. I suppose in a true all-comers list the spell familiar would be appropriate.

@Circus Nurgling- Yeah, the re-roll is absolutely a must against eldar, but it's still very, very useful against other armies. I absolutely love the reliability it gives my sorcerer under any circumstance.

@Vesper- Well, I couldn't participate in that, as I have neither the money or the time to get into Horus Heresy, sadly. What I wouldn't give to have the money to have a Great Company of Death Guard......

Archived