[LPC] Imperial Fists recon squad

Mal

Great work on the marines, the yellow has come out very well :)

You should be able to finish your LPC vow with plenty of time to spare ;)

Just a quick note with the images, although the board has auto-reduction software in place to resize images, you may still want to do some resizing of the images before you load them up since they are all averaging 1600 x 1200 pixels, and as a result may be slow to load for users that may still be using a 56K connection (or unfortunately got shaped to 56K).

Yeah I probally do need to reduce the image sizes, i'll see if I can get that done tomorrow when I get home.... in the mean time heres another update:

I have started the squad commander, fairly standard loadout, plasma pistol and power sword, I decided for giggles to give him a banner pole too, which is something I rarely ever do.

gallery_36925_3018_978788.jpg

Well let me know what you think...

Theyre looking great! and inspired me to sign up too ;) Really clean job and a good yellow tone from the shading makes them less glary than others i've seen, battle damage also helps break up the yellow which sometimes you really need.

The banner pole looks cool and works with your sgt's pose.

Ok more work done on the capt, 8 more to go... one will be armed with a flamer as I have run out of plasma and melta gun bits....

For the other 7 guys, what would you all like to see... but please remember im making these from salvaged bits so some thing I may not be able to do.

So, suggestions please.

I think I may be able to salvage a pair of the kneeling legs from one of my armies. It'll require arm adjustments to make the marine able to take sight down a scope tho, their arms are not in the right positions for that... i'll see what I can do...

Any others?

Ok i've come up with the last 2, one is holding an auspex with the arm converted to hold it in a half decent pose, and the other is carrying a flamer... the serg is also very nearly finished now, pics to follow soon.

Eep, I think my thread is dieing.... not to worry! I have more updates!!

Ok, the Serg is coming along nicely, im espically proud of his head, I still need to do the bannerpols and top and pit lightning effects on his powersword, but hes very nearly finished now.

gallery_36925_3018_1151680.jpg

I also have Malachi's idea for a kneeling marine aiming with his boltgun done, all he needs is transfers and basing.

gallery_36925_3018_41367.jpg

gallery_36925_3018_501167.jpg

And of course I have yet more! The 4th marine is a guy scanning with an auspex, the arm repositioning on this guy was a pain, he will be holding a boltgun in his other hand.

gallery_36925_3018_724998.jpg

gallery_36925_3018_640334.jpg

Ok, nearly finished!!!

Heh, I think I had best add another 5 marines to my vow....

Well I made a few modifications, the kneeling marine aiming along his bolter now has an extended barrel and a gun stand, and marine with the auspex now has a head and a boltgun and the last marine is also built and painted, hes armed with a flamer.

I'm just putting decals on and painting and flocking the bases then I'll get sonme new pics posted, I think i'll edit the first post to have the full team displayed.

Hopefully I will have them all finished off and flocked by the end of the night.

Archived