The Weapons of Fulgrim

I have just finished reading Fulgrim

and i have lost rack of the 3 weapons that he had:

Fireblade

Laren Blade

and The Anthamene

so what happend to which

from what i can fiugre out it was like this

Fireblade: got destroyed by Ferrus but was re-made and then i have no idea i dont think it says in the book

Laren Blade: i think it says in the book that it was given to Lucius but as the demon had been put into Fulgrim it had next to no power compared to it's original state (so it was like a power sword) but does Lucius wield it still?

The Anthamene: Fulgrim still wields it but rarely uses it becuase it is so powerful and he used it to 'kill' Rob Guilliumun

thanks in advance

Athiair ^_^

I think you mixed up some facts. Look at the spoiler text below....

The Fireblade was not destroyed. Forgebreaker and the Fireblade were created by Ferrus Manus and Fulgrim respectively. As a show of their friendship, they traded their weapons. However, when Fulgrim failed to convince Ferrus Manus to side with Horus, they fought and during the fight, they traded weapons, so each one had the weapon he had originally created (Ferrus the hammer Forgebreaker and Fulgrim the Fireblade) when Fulgrim had to retreat from Ferrus' ship.

During the final struggle on Istvaan, they again fought and Fulgrim killed Ferrus Manus with Fireblade. He picked up Forgebreaker and gave it to Horus. Horus gave a hammer named Forgebreaker to Perturabo, though it is debatable whether it was the same hammer, as Perturabo presumably got it years before the Heresy as it whispered lies into his ears and convinced him that the Emperor didn't like him.

The Anatheme is presumably still carried by Fulgrim and presumably used to kill Roboute, but as the Heresy novels have not covered these events yet and the Anatheme was not mentioned before the novels, this is speculation.

Lucius indeed carries the Laeran blade, though it is now just an extremely well-crafted (power) weapon, as you said. The Daemon that was in it is now in Fulgrim.

Hang on a sec, Ferrus was wielding Fireblade during the duel, and he disarmed Fulgrim - who in a panic drew the Laeran blade.........(look under spoiler text)

The daemon that possesed the Laeran sword helped Fulgrim kill Ferrus Manus - it willed his arms to move when he relised he coldn't kill his brother. It then left the weapon and posessed Fulgrim - so it was the Laeran sword that was used to kill Ferrus and not Fireblade.

that was what i thought that Fulgrim used the Laeran blade

cause that was what i read in the book

right so i was correct about the Laeran blade where it went

the Anatheme is almost definatly with Fulgrim

but Fireblade is still uncertain cause in the book it didn't say what he did with it wether he kept it or left it on Istvaan 5

cause surely it makes no sense to me why he would leave it there (or the demon would leave it there;) ) cause it was a great weapon

Athiair B)

ps. keep posting

My bad with the blade, but at least I got the part right that he used Fireblade as well in that duel.

I don't however recall reading that the Iron Hands recovered Ferrus Manus' body. The Morlocks, their elite Terminator companies, were the only Iron Hands present and they all died. The Raven Guard and Salamanders had already left the battlefield or were in the process of leaving while the Iron Hands sacrificed themselves to buy them time (and because Ferrus Manus did anything to kill Fulgrim), so they did not run back to recover it. Given the chaos of the following months and years, it is dubious that the Iron Hands sent a detachment on a possibly enemy-occupied planet while every other Imperial soldier was fighting to save the galaxy.

Actually:

Forgebreaker was made by Fulgrim, a fact I found kinda funny. Anyhow, from what I remember, it was the Laeran blade that killed Ferrus Mannus, because Fulgrim was going to pull the blow, but the daemon inside pushed him forward. I dunno what happened to Fireblade, Fulgrim has the anathame, presumably, and Lucius has the old Laeran sword

Archived