Modelling: Templarrific AOBR termies HOWTO

T14

Greetings. This is my rough step-by-step picture guide to adding select BT bits to AOBR terminators.

All pics contain an unmodified bit (the leftmost one) and a modified bit (the rightmost one). I think the pics are pretty self-explanatory, but give us a shout if you feel any clarifications are needed, and I\'ll happily try to elaborate. My goal here was to reach a dry-fit stage, where you can either just glue it together as-is, or neaten joins etc up abit with GreenStuff.

What you need:

- AOBR terminator with bolter and powerfist

- BT tabard bit

- BT termie shoulder pad

- BT power fist

- a craft/hobby/X-acto knife

- a wee bit o' patience ;)

STEP 1: Modifying the body.

gallery_6637_3066_216208.jpg
Here you just need to shave down the abdomen and groin area, as shown. I think I overdid it abit, but the idea is to shave things down flat so the tabard will fit. i also took a sliver off the leg that didnt strictly need to go. Live and learn :angry:

[/clearfloat]

STEP 2: Modifying the AOBR chest/head bit.

gallery_6637_3066_54811.jpg
Here you want to remove just enough of the chest plate to accomodate a shaved-down tabard bit. I did this by gently shaving off thin flakes with a scalpel until it got to where I needed it to be.

gallery_6637_3066_53417.jpg

STEP 3: Modifying the BT Tabard bit.

gallery_6637_3066_90232.jpg
This part is a wee bit tricky as you might need to shave bits off in many places to make it fit snug. Modify the back, collar, belt and inside a little bit at a time until it fits with your AOBR chest/head bit. You should be able to spot all the places where I did a little trimming if you look closely :D

gallery_6637_3066_10009.jpg

gallery_6637_3066_66529.jpg

STEP 4: Modifying the Bolter arm.

gallery_6637_3066_120982.jpg
Here we want to whittle away the AOBR pauldron layer until the shoulder becomes slender enough to accept the BT termie shoulder pad. Patience and lots of dry-fitting helps here.

Step 5: Modifying the powerfist arm.

gallery_6637_3066_38186.jpg
It is just a simple weapon swap really. I still need to replace the power cable, but as the cable types are different between the AOBR and BT kits, I have decided to find me some guitar string wire to add in place of the AOBR cable. I havent been to the shops yet, sorry.

Finished Product

The results are below. Enjoy and thanks for reading

- T14

gallery_6637_3066_126011.jpg

gallery_6637_3066_29870.jpg

[clearfloat]

gallery_6637_3066_39858.jpg

Superb tut. One of the things I don't like about aobr is the lack of individuality to the models, definatly a great way to do it.

I think this better done than the one by GW.

Definitely something I would love to see in the Librarium, T14 :)

I'd be Honored Brother, but would need guidance as to how :P

Cheers guys

- T14

you sir, are a star ;)

I'll get on it today... and am working on the next installment in the series ;)

EDIT: Submitted. I think I left the formatting abit wonky tho :rolleyes: But I've corrected the last details and edited my first post here with the final formatting adjustments if ya wanna cope paste from that Sig

Bambi has nuffin' on me ;)

- T14

Archived