Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modelling: Templarrific AOBR termies HOWTO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Templar14

Templar14

++ MANUS NOCENTIBUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,714 posts
Greetings. This is my rough step-by-step picture guide to adding select BT bits to AOBR terminators.

All pics contain an unmodified bit (the leftmost one) and a modified bit (the rightmost one). I think the pics are pretty self-explanatory, but give us a shout if you feel any clarifications are needed, and I\'ll happily try to elaborate. My goal here was to reach a dry-fit stage, where you can either just glue it together as-is, or neaten joins etc up abit with GreenStuff.

What you need:
- AOBR terminator with bolter and powerfist
- BT tabard bit
- BT termie shoulder pad
- BT power fist
- a craft/hobby/X-acto knife
- a wee bit o' patience ;)

STEP 1: Modifying the body.

Posted Image
Here you just need to shave down the abdomen and groin area, as shown. I think I overdid it abit, but the idea is to shave things down flat so the tabard will fit. i also took a sliver off the leg that didnt strictly need to go. Live and learn :angry:

STEP 2: Modifying the AOBR chest/head bit.

Posted Image
Here you want to remove just enough of the chest plate to accomodate a shaved-down tabard bit. I did this by gently shaving off thin flakes with a scalpel until it got to where I needed it to be.

Posted Image

STEP 3: Modifying the BT Tabard bit.

Posted Image
This part is a wee bit tricky as you might need to shave bits off in many places to make it fit snug. Modify the back, collar, belt and inside a little bit at a time until it fits with your AOBR chest/head bit. You should be able to spot all the places where I did a little trimming if you look closely :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

STEP 4: Modifying the Bolter arm.

Posted Image
Here we want to whittle away the AOBR pauldron layer until the shoulder becomes slender enough to accept the BT termie shoulder pad. Patience and lots of dry-fitting helps here.

Step 5: Modifying the powerfist arm.

Posted Image
It is just a simple weapon swap really. I still need to replace the power cable, but as the cable types are different between the AOBR and BT kits, I have decided to find me some guitar string wire to add in place of the AOBR cable. I havent been to the shops yet, sorry.

Finished Product

The results are below. Enjoy and thanks for reading
- T14

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
+++Keep Calm, and uphold the Edicts of Nikaea+++

+++Black Templars bringing Compliance to a sector near YOU. Some terms may apply. The Eternal Crusade may prove hazardous to the health of heretics, mutants, traitors and Xenos. Ill effects include but are not limited to execution, burning at the stake, getting blown to bits, battered into bloody pulp and in rare cases exterminatus. Contact your local Chapter Keep for details+++

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,414 posts
Definitely something I would love to see in the Librarium, T14 :rolleyes:

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
yes it belongs in the librarium, very useful!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

flintlocklaser

flintlocklaser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,131 posts
Agreed, it's a great conversion, and it's a good match for the BT Termie technique from the French GW site. Another vote for Librariumification! (if that's even a word...)

Starbuck_

Starbuck_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts
Superb tut. One of the things I don't like about aobr is the lack of individuality to the models, definatly a great way to do it.

I think this better done than the one by GW.
http://www.curevents...ilies/worth.gif

QUOTE (Ensis Ferrae @ Jan 24 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
every so often, they all get together for tea and crumpets, and swap stories about all the fallen they have each brought back into the Emperor's grace...

Shortsonfire79

Shortsonfire79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts
Noice! I love it! Great, thanks. VERRYY helpfull..now..to get some more BT pieces...and to get an AoBR..
Aim: Shortsonfire79 | Yahoo: Shortsonfire79@yahoo.com | Gmail:Shortsonfire79@gmail.com | MSN:Shortsonfire79@hotmail.com
My messenger program runs all of those at once, so I'm always on. Hit me up, lets talk about 40k and life.

Black Fists 1st Company Thread
For Dorn!
The magnet master
BITZ SEARCH!!!! PLEASE HELP?? (link)

I am accepting commissions for Forgeworld building. I know many of you may love Forgeworld, but I'd just love to get my hands on something just to build it, you can keep it. :) You don't even have to pay me! Just for the product! :D

Templar14

Templar14

++ MANUS NOCENTIBUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,714 posts

Definitely something I would love to see in the Librarium, T14 :)

I'd be Honored Brother, but would need guidance as to how :P

Cheers guys
- T14

+++Black Templars bringing Compliance to a sector near YOU. Some terms may apply. The Eternal Crusade may prove hazardous to the health of heretics, mutants, traitors and Xenos. Ill effects include but are not limited to execution, burning at the stake, getting blown to bits, battered into bloody pulp and in rare cases exterminatus. Contact your local Chapter Keep for details+++

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,414 posts
There's now this article to help you you out, T14 :teehee:

Templar14

Templar14

++ MANUS NOCENTIBUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,714 posts
you sir, are a star ;)

I'll get on it today... and am working on the next installment in the series ;)

EDIT: Submitted. I think I left the formatting abit wonky tho :rolleyes: But I've corrected the last details and edited my first post here with the final formatting adjustments if ya wanna cope paste from that Sig

Bambi has nuffin' on me ;)
- T14

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,414 posts

Posted Image

Thanks for submitting it Thomas, it was simple to put in :D

Edited by Sigismund Himself, 12 January 2009 - 11:42 AM.

paulson games

paulson games

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 610 posts
Great conversion, I've been converting regular terminators to BT ones and didn't think about trying it on the black reach termies. Now I have a good source to save me time figuring it out. Thanks