Which Character?

Ferrus Manus

Ok so I'm finally going to get down and build my Pre-Heresy force. Some of you may have seen my brief stint with the Alpha Legion here and on TGC forum. But I can't decide which legion I want to build. So I ask you guys which would be your favourite Character from the HH series? Chances are I'm going to go with the Legion whose character comes up trumps. So over to you....

Saul Tarvitz and Lucius leading pre-fall Emperor's Children would be excellent. Or Solomon Demeter. Hell, even using Eidolon would be very cool. Bell of Lost Souls has done a Horus Heresy campaign booklet that you can download, and it contains guides for pre-Heresy marine armies and includes character profiles for notable characters both Traitor and Loyalist. You might want to check it out, it's inspiring.

Gabriel Santor. You know, the big, bad, half-bionic Iron Hand 1st company captain. Oh, and like Morte said, I would look at these rules by BoLS. Be careful, it's a big file.

Or Julius Kaesoron, first captain of the Emperor's Children who eviscerates Santor :rolleyes: I find it amusing that tearing out half a torso with lighting claws results in a quick recovery for Santor, but Solomon Demeter can't survive a blade to the chest. But then again, there has to be a reason why Houdini died to a punch and rappers survive gunshot wounds..

Santor and the Morlocks are probably pretty cool to do, but it's a pity they're not given more character development in Fulgrim. They actually come off as being pretty boring and not-at-all awe-inspiring, especially when compared to Fulgrim's Phoenix Guard. And every time I think of Morlocks, I think sewer-dwelling mutants from X-Men..

And every time I think of Morlocks, I think sewer-dwelling mutants from X-Men..

Oddly, I think of the troglodytic civilisation from The Time Machine.

I can't help feeling that if you're going to go to the time, effort and trouble of doing a pre-heresy army, it needs to be one that is distinct and different from its present-day counterpart. That means I'd probably suggest one of the traitor legions in their pre-heresy guise.

And every time I think of Morlocks, I think sewer-dwelling mutants from X-Men..

Oddly, I think of the troglodytic civilisation from The Time Machine.

I can't help feeling that if you're going to go to the time, effort and trouble of doing a pre-heresy army, it needs to be one that is distinct and different from its present-day counterpart. That means I'd probably suggest one of the traitor legions in their pre-heresy guise.

Oh but that's just so commonly done! I mean, what better than doing Pre-Heresy White Scars, and painting them WITHOUT the jagged red teeth patterns? Or (gasp!) Pre-Heresy Ultramarines WITHOUT company markings on the shoulder pad rims? I hear smurfs fainting already :rolleyes:

Funnily enough Darth Potato suggested the same thing.

Gabriel Santor. You know, the big, bad, half-bionic Iron Hand 1st company captain. Oh, and like Morte said, I would look at these rules by BoLS. Be careful, it's a big file.

I already have that rule set, I'm also looking through one published for the Age of the Emperor campaign. Santor has been suggested to me on TGC forum. I'll get a few more votes from both forums then get a list up. Thanks for the ideas so far guys.

Pretty sure that Santar only got mentioned as a suggestion once ;)

But then again, with a name like Ferrus Manus, was this outcome ever in doubt?

The irony wasn't lost on me. And you are right Santar was only mentioned once in this thread, but I asked the same question over at TGC forums and Santar received 5 or 6 votes.

im big on pre heresy, but im wondering. what do morlock terminators look like. fulgrim was my favorite book and im pretty sure i didnt read a description of what weapons they had, what they looked like, etc. also, i love santar as much as the next guy, but he died in a really annoying way. i mean, yr a space marine captain, u would think u wouldnt freak out and get disgusted by julius that much... personally i liked torgaddon and lucius the most.

i love santar as much as the next guy, but he died in a really annoying way. i mean, yr a space marine captain, u would think u wouldnt freak out and get disgusted by julius that much...

Remember, unlike your average 40k Marine Captain, back in 30k no-one knew anything about Chaos Marines, since they didn't exist. The Drop Pod Massacre was probably the first time Marines corrupted in that way were used. Seriously, wouldn't it make you go ":cuss?" if you had never seen or heard of something like this, or if the person used to be your Astartes brother?

Archived