My thoughts on the missing primarchs

zarnak21

This is a reasonable assumption based upon the fact that each primarch garnered a single quality from the Emperor, in an old sourcebook (i cant remeber which), it shows the origins of the Emperor (8000bc turkey) and talks about his qualities..

The idea that every Primarch embodies one of the Emperor's abilities is current fluff, Horus mentions it in False Gods. The exception is Sanguinius, who has everything. So, if you can find the Emperor's/Sanguinius' abilities, check them against the other Primarchs. What is missing?

Also note that since Sanguinius cannot turn invisible, one can assume the Emperor cannot either. (Note this does not rule out some kind of psychic cloak or something - Sangunius never really developed his abilities like that)

Unless you condsider that Sanguinus has these qualities to a lesser degree, he is not for example a full blown psyker, but can see visions of the future,

Also i very much doubt he has ALL the qualities of the Emperor, there is no quote that specifically states this!

GC08

2) They fled the galaxy in order to create a new Imperium, one that fit their ideals.

I like this idea

3) When the emperor was trying to build a warp gate in his basement, they were used to test the contraption. When they were across the galaxy, the message that Magnus sends shatters the emperor's force field and destroys the warp gate, essentially cutting the legions off from the Imperium and stranding them in some unkown galaxy or planet.

Where did this idea come from?

GC08

I like it too. :P

In regards to the second one, someone on the B&C said said something about the Emperor building a warp gate in his basement so I came up with that idea. It may not be true but I think it is kind of cool.

Captain Kael :cuss

In regards to the second one, someone on the B&C said said something about the Emperor building a warp gate in his basement so I came up with that idea. It may not be true but I think it is kind of cool.

Well the strange thing is, i wrote almost the exact thing in one of the missing primarches threads, its one of those great minds think alike situations :cuss

The Webway gate was used to transport two full legions into another galaxy to create a 'beach-head' from which the Emperor could launch another crusade, When Magnus heard of Horus' treachery he sent a telepathic warning to Earth, this psychic energy destabilised the webway and opened it up to creatures of the warp....The custodes fought a large battle against the deamons, but ultimately to save earth the Emperor had to shut it down, essentially stranding two full legions..

It is possible that Horus had planned this (if he knew the plans of the Emperor), as a way to dispose of these loyal legions and as a way to discredit Magnus, who was already on a final warning from the Emperor for using his 'powers'...This led to the wolves invading Prospero...

Ultimately it was the single most destuctive scheme from Horus.

Of course none of this is known fact, but we do know it was Magnus' signal that caused deamons to invade via the webway, and shortly after the wolves attacked the 1K sons.

GC08

In Mechanium Dorn comments that he wished he had 15 other legions to face Horus. Malcador then warns him "do not even think it my friend. They are los to us forever" They of course refer to the two missing legions. Doesn't tell us what happened only that they are irretivably lost, reached full legion size and the top people know what happened to them. So yep, your idea about a webway gate failing is good. One note. Horus had not been turned for long by the time that Magnus breached the wards, so I doubt he planned it. Maybe the chaos gods.

But if they were lost in the warp gate why would their statues be covered and all information removed? Yes the warp gate was a secret but shouldn't they be recorded as heroes and not erased entirely.

Also from the Mechanicum quote, the way that it is said is that Dorn could gather the 2 legions to him to help defend Terra but something is stopping him, most likely an edict from the Emperor. It also gives the impression that the legions aren't destroyed, only imprisoned somewhere.

But if they were lost in the warp gate why would their statues be covered and all information removed? Yes the warp gate was a secret but shouldn't they be recorded as heroes and not erased entirely.

This could be explained in a thousand different ways, when the HH began all traitor primarches had thier statues covered..Maybe the Emperor doesnt want to look upon the faces of the 'lost' sons.

also if the 'theory' is accurate it could all be down to keeping secrets, not alot of people know about the webway on earth or Eldrad Ulthrans dealings with Terra, nor do they know about the invasion of deamons in the throne room....secrets.....the imperiums sleeping buddy!!

Also from the Mechanicum quote, the way that it is said is that Dorn could gather the 2 legions to him to help defend Terra but something is stopping him, most likely an edict from the Emperor. It also gives the impression that the legions aren't destroyed, only imprisoned somewhere.

Well Dorn could open the webway and 'free' his brothers but to do so would invite the deamons back to play...."dont dare think it, they are lost to us"

GC08

Well Dorn could open the webway and 'free' his brothers but to do so would invite the deamons back to play...."dont dare think it, they are lost to us"

GC08

I think this comment hinges on whether or not Dorn knew about the webway, and IIRC he states to Malcador that he doesnt know what his father is spending his time doing instead of dealing with Horus. Then again thinking about it now, that just supports Malcadors statement about Dorn not to think about it. I guess it comes down to timing. When did Magnus send his message? Is it before that scene in the Imperial palace or after. If it's before then its much more likely. If it is after then the timing is all wrong.

We could also split the difference between them. I've always believed that one of the Primarchs was a Pariah, so one of the legions is in stasis as the Emperor didnt foresee the horror of a psychic null primarch would be and the other legion was lost in the webway when Magnus sent his message.

Although the webway theory brings up another point. Why haven't the Eldar mentioned anything about it? If there was a Legion of Space Marines running around your private network of roads, wouldn't you mention something?

Although the webway theory brings up another point. Why haven't the Eldar mentioned anything about it? If there was a Legion of Space Marines running around your private network of roads, wouldn't you mention something?

they ran out of amo?

also i just kinda thought up what if one of them is kinda like unstable

like clinicly insane (yes more than all the others are) and he is just mainly a pyshcopath but kills anything

hears voices, sees things (not like magnus) when their not there, paronia i mean the works like this guy is crazy

so the emperor keeps him locked up and his leigion would have the geneseed so he would keep them locked up to

This is my theory guys, wat happened was they all went on holiday to terra ( it was spring breal.) But two of them drank too much and got kidnapped by evil fairies who think the emperor is evil. Either that or they decided to go chaos then got pwnd by da emperor and his crew. This is my personal opinion anyway, webway theory sounds logical ish, but as 1 dude already said it would be pretty stupid on the part of the eldar not finding them yet. Either that or they just shot them. For all we know they could of gotten lost in a pie factory.

Archived