How many of you play Pre-Heresy?

i was thinking how many people paint/collect/play Pre-Heresy armies

becuase i always wanted to do a Sallies and EC one becuase i love both of them

Athiair ;)

There are a vast number of people who paint, play, research and create miniatures which are exclusively set in the Pre-Heresy period-whether it be the Wars of Unification, The Great Crusade, The Horus Heresy etc.

There are a number of Pre-Heresy dedicated sites and the membership of the one that I belong to, is continuously increasing-so I think the appeal of all things Pre-Heresy is definately gathering speed.

People at my local store play pre-heresy. We have only just started but a few of us have gotten 1500pt armies (World Eaters, Imperial Fists, Alpha legion, Luna Wolves, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Salamanders)

A few of us are also going to the Tempus Fugitives Great Crusade campaign at Warhammer World.

Our Gaming group has the Bug, theres Dedicated Alpha Legion, World Eater, Imperial Fists, Iron Warriors and Dark Angel players, and a couple of others who modify their modern Loyalist armies a bit.

I am bitz'ing up for my Imperial Fists (Sigismund's siege era Fists).

Just actually painted up my first test scheme model, I like the way it came out. I am making their base color gold and it is coming out really nice, I think.

Random

I have just started a pre-heresy world eaters army. Don't have enough models yet, only a tactical squad and a scout squad. I am using the BT codex as that seems as a good fit to me.

I also plan to start an emperor's children army after the world eaters are completed.

Captain Kael :)

have just started a pre-heresy world eaters army. Don't have enough models yet, only a tactical squad and a scout squad. I am using the BT codex as that seems as a good fit to me.
Dude, you gotta check out Tempus Fugutives site, we can have Angron dude! Since Tempus are a legalised wing of GW, we can use them anywhere! Whoo! :) Crull is awesome, and you realised Kharne is a little hypocritical!

Dude, you gotta check out Tempus Fugutives site, we can have Angron dude! Since Tempus are a legalised wing of GW, we can use them anywhere! Whoo! :lol: Crull is awesome, and you realised Kharne is a little hypocritical!

Just to say we are not a legalised wing of GW! We work closley with them, and we get their blessing on such things as running the pre heresy campaigns and to make sure we are not in breech of their IP and are not stepping on their toes etc; but we are a speperate club, we are memebers of the GCN though.

However it's good to see we are causing some excitment with our Age of the Emperor material. :)

For any who are intetrested click here!

I

Dude, you gotta check out Tempus Fugutives site, we can have Angron dude! Since Tempus are a legalised wing of GW, we can use them anywhere! Whoo! :HQ: Crull is awesome, and you realised Kharne is a little hypocritical!

Just to say we are not a legalised wing of GW! We work closley with them, and we get their blessing on such things as running the pre heresy campaigns and to make sure we are not in breech of their IP and are not stepping on their toes etc; but we are a speperate club, we are memebers of the GCN though.

However it's good to see we are causing some excitment with our Age of the Emperor material. :D

For any who are intetrested click here!

I

AWESOME!

I've been building on and off on my Rogue Trader era miniatures Heresy Era Imperial Fists® for years now. I've been playing them with normal rules though, with Assault Cannons and other non-period equipment modelled in such a way as to fit in anyhow...

Linkamaclick

can ask you somethings

1) Why dont GW release a Pre-Heresy rule set

2) Why don't GW release Pre-Heresy models

3) Lastly should i get a 3rd army after my Space Marines and CSM which is pre-heresy either Alpha Legion, Emperors Children, Imperial Fists or Iron Warriors

thanks

Athiair :)

I'm probably gonna do a Heresy era EC army eventually. Had to sell my Chaos army awhile ago because my wife had lost her job and we needed the extra money. So that gives me leverage to start over with how I'd really like to do it, now that I can look back.

I'm working on 1500pts of PH Thousand Sons plus an Assault squad, Dreadnought, and Magnus. Most of the infantry bits are gathered, now I just have to find and modify 6 Rhinos.

I also plan to build a Heresy era Imperial Fists army. So far I only have the Land Raider.

...And I would really like to make some Sisters of Silence as well, but that will have to wait.

I was thinking of starting up a Death Guard pre-heresy army or a PH EC army, just cause death guard are awesome and i've just finished The Flight Of The Eisenstein, but I'm interested in EC too, simply because I've never tried a paint scheme so... vibrant? as the EC.

Archived