Is Loken alive?

ChaosWarsmith

Of course he is. I take it most of you know the original story of how when fighting Horus, the Emperor could not bring himself to destroy his son, and the only reason he did was due to an act of murder against a lone warrior who entered the battle as the Emperor was mortaly wounded. In recent stories this lone warrior has been a custodian guard, an imperial guardsmen etc...

However, (You can see where I am going with this can't you) Imagine the lone warrior to stand before Horus in defiance was one of his own, what if it was Garviel Loken. That would be bloody ace I am sure you will agree. :)

Oh man I hope not. Imagine how much better that lone warrior could be if they made one from scratch who quintissentially embodied the horror of this event to those who are loyal.

Y'know, like Loken did, except all that would be moot if he lived. Dying a 2nd time would be pantamount to jumping the shark.

And we do we need another thread on this? Hehehe. Use your search-fu and at least bring back the last one.

I reckon that would actually be pretty awesome, Loken like walks all in with 'Hey, whatsa happen wich you??', then the Emperor and Horus both look at each other like :cuss???, then Horus gets his claws out (forgot the name, sorry) and slices him!!!!!

But seriously, that would be very epic, in the book that entails it, the chapters leading up to the confrontation between the Emperor and Horus, would either follow one of the two, and then have the next chapter about 'someone', not giving his name, then once he is slain, it gives his name. It would be plausible too, i guess, because he could've somehow survived Istvaan, gone on to Horus' ship and sit the trip to Terra out.....

But in a way, I do agree with JEFF4i, cause it would be just too good to be true.....

Gah! Not another one! It's spreading!

So basically, what you're saying, is that of course Loken is alive, just so we can throw him into a scenario in which the "nameless warrior" has been given 3 different forms, none of them a Luna Wolf? So far, this nameless warrior has been an Imperial Soldier (a named one), an Imperial Fist, and an Adeptus Custodes.

Remember, just wishing for something doesn't make it so. Other than that, my views on this subject have already been expressed on the existing topic.

If Loken MUST come back (I seriously hope he doesn't :) ), then he would be good in that role, mostly because he will make a nice heroic comeback only to get killed off in the fastest and most unheroic manner by Horus. <_<

That would be quality, he says " I'm back" Then horus decapitates him without breaking stride. Then abaddon has bladder problems and really needs to pee, u get the picture.

Yes But abbadon never physically killed loken when they they fought he left him on the ground bleeding out when abbadon was told to leave because the planet was going to get virus bombed, and they left the part open when they virus bomb the planet, they don't say what happens to loken, leaving one to think he May Have a "small" chance of survival. Also why do you want Loken not to comeback???? Whats wrong with loken???? I think hes pretty cool I think it would be cool if really did survive the virus bombing. But thats just my personal opinion..

I don't think he's coming back (huge list of reasons) mostly about this being the worst event of all time and people die (and I don't wanna sound bad, I love him too) but he's dead <_< so damn and wasn't the person who distracted Horus for that brief moment a Imperial soldier who I believe was either named Frank or Bob by the people here or warseer? :)

bar all that it would be pretty awesome just for Loken to walk out and be like "What happened to you Horus, you used to be cool"

Stitch Torgaddons head back on as well, that'll liven the series up a bit...

In all honestly though, I want to know how they'll bring Grulgor back (bearing in mind he was the Nurgle Daemon Prince in the recent Medusa campaign...)

That should be interesting!

My bet is that Little Horus has a change of heart, and fills the role of the nameless warrior.

If Loken has somehow survived, I see him more as being rescued with the remenants of Tarvitz's (or however it was spelled) group, and making it back in time to help defend the walls.

Then again, the Emperor could be pursuaded to bring Loken (if he lives), since he would know Horus' flagship better then anyone - actually, wouldn't that one Luna Wolf that made it back on the Eisenstein also be able to fill that role?

Hmmmmm

I could have sworn in the old lore that Loken & someone else fought Horus near the final battle and Horus killed Loken.

Thanks,

AnarchX

I'm pretty sure Loken was a none-existant character before the Horus Heresy series.

Confusing him with Sanguinius?

No, I am not confusing Garviel Loken with Sanguinius.

I will have to dig out my old C:CSM and look there, but I am pretty sure that I read it online somewhere. It seems like the other guy was Saul Tarvitz, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks,

AnarchX

No, both Tarvitz and Loken were invented by these books, they have never been mentioned before.

And Tunaslayer, the other soldiers on Istvaan couldn't survive an orbital bombardment when in the open, so what makes you think Loken will? He has no helmet on, remember? His head will get burned right off.

Didn't Loken get stomped on by a titan as well? As in Abaddon had just injured Loken, Loken was trapped in rubble and they were evacuating the soldiers loyal to Horus. Its been a while since I've read the older heresy books and I've forgotten a few details.

Or am I just wishfully imagining the Titan doing something akin to Riverdance on one of my least favourite characters in the 40k universe?

++Edit++ Typos

keith Posted Today, 10:28 PM

I think Saul Tarvitz was invented long before the book was... I'm sure he was in the original Eisenstien fluff from way back when

You are thinking of Garro, who turned up in the Index Astartes: Death Guard. He had his own little box-out detailing four possible endings for his story, which were re-used for different characters in Flight of the Eisenstein - joining the Apothecarion, becoming the Lord of Flies etc.

Or am I just wishfully imagining the Titan doing something akin to Riverdance on one of my least favourite characters in the 40k universe?

:lol:

If Loken MUST come back (I seriously hope he doesn't :devil: ), then he would be good in that role, mostly because he will make a nice heroic comeback only to get killed off in the fastest and most unheroic manner by Horus. :P

I'm really starting to think you just don't like the idea of brothers who belonged to Legions who turned traitor forming the founders of he Grey Knights. Anything that kills them off would be OK with you. :lol:

Anyway i happen to think if Loken survived, and i do think he did, that the Emperor would not have had him as part of any assault against Horus. Not that the Emp had himself would have any doubt about his loyalty at that point but i think it might cause some uproar with the others who went with him. To big a distraction to have him along and i think his survival would have been kept secret from both Horus and the Loyalists. I feel he had other plans for those like him. Also if he needed some one who knew the layout of Horus's Flag ship why not ask the Half heard, he was older? I also feel that Loken if he did come along on the assault would not have gone down with so little effort. He was a Powerful Psyker in his own right though not on the Level of the Emperor or Chaos filled Horus but not the kind of target to just get swept away.

I also feel that Loken if he did come along on the assault would not have gone down with so little effort. He was a Powerful Psyker in his own right though not on the Level of the Emperor or Chaos filled Horus but not the kind of target to just get swept away.

I don't remember Loken being a Psyker of any sorts.

I also feel that Loken if he did come along on the assault would not have gone down with so little effort. He was a Powerful Psyker in his own right though not on the Level of the Emperor or Chaos filled Horus but not the kind of target to just get swept away.

I don't remember Loken being a Psyker of any sorts.

ohh yeh, sory. Guess that is just another of my hair brained assumptions. I feel that he showed this ability when he beat Lucius in the sparing cage, in Horus rising pg 377. I'm sure many will disagree though.... prescience if i had to guess. Just one of the abilities that the Emp had supresed in his Astartes.

ohh yeh, sory. Guess that is just another of my hair brained assumptions. I feel that he showed this ability when he beat Lucius in the sparing cage, in Horus rising pg 377. I'm sure many will disagree though.... prescience if i had to guess. Just one of the abilities that the Emp had supresed in his Astartes.

I would definately have to disagree with that. I mean if Loken had that ability he should have forseen Horus's fall not to mention every other calamity that befell the Luna Wolves/Sons Of Horus. I read it that in that fight instead of fighting with swords like Lucius was expecting Loken just jumped on top him and beat the crap outta Lucius, Luna Wolves style. :) But to each there own.

Honestly I don't know if Loken Made it but heres a Quote from the book to further stir the pot.

The ground shuddered as though in the grip of an earthquake and Loken felt his prison of debris shift. Hard spikes of pain buffeted him as flames burst across the remains of the parliament building.

Then darkness fell at last, and Loken felt nothing else.

ohh its a mystery :D

Archived