Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Virginia, USA

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

GhostLegion

GhostLegion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 708 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels of Redemption
Ive seen it pretty packed for events and weekends. Mostly it is pretty bare, but I think thats more due to location than anything...it is in the middle of nowhere afterall.

Still, the few regulars I have seen there tend to be around between tues and thrus most weeks...good for games/info if youre up that way.
Crafting a Chapter - Notes, Thoughts, Commentary. Worthwhile or not, it is what it is.
My answer to RAW v RAI? "We demand guaranteed, rigidly-defned, areas of doubt and uncertainty." - Douglas Adams

Maeklos

Maeklos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,065 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Adamantium Lemmings
I'm from Springfield, and may consider heading on up though. Of course, since I work a 9-5 job, will be hard during the week due to traffic, but later in the evenings or on the weekends, I'd definitely be up for heading up to the Battle Bunker. I've heard only good things about it, and it's the only place in the continental US where you can actually order Forgeworld stuff (without doing it online...cursed cards!).
"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mold them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."

-The Emperor

"In the grim darkness of the future, there is only musical theatre."

GhostLegion

GhostLegion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 708 posts
Well, if you havent been able to figure it out yet...there are plenty of gamers between Quantico and Baltimore. Even better, most are willing to travel a bit to get a game in...even further if it turns to a good game. NCR is no a bad area for Warhammer of any flavor.
Crafting a Chapter - Notes, Thoughts, Commentary. Worthwhile or not, it is what it is.
My answer to RAW v RAI? "We demand guaranteed, rigidly-defned, areas of doubt and uncertainty." - Douglas Adams

Vash113

Vash113

++ SCRIPTOR CLASSIARIUM ++

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 5,344 posts
I live in Arlington, VA which is right next to D.C. so I'm not that far away but traveling is problematic for the moment, should be rectified later this summer.
  • Templar1 likes this

gallery_24878_5332_50483_zps960f3bfd.jpg
gallery_32575_2112_962.gif gallery_17224_3068_178_zpse5c334e8.gif gallery_17224_3229_261_zps401774fb.gif gallery_17224_3229_616_zps1d9416f7.gifgallery_17224_3068_874_zps00305bb1.png gallery_17224_3068_108_zps8858ac6a.gif Runic_charm.gifsatali_zpsyqlvdcbd.gif
"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?"
"The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris," Torgadon put in. "Because they're clinically insane."
-1st Captain Sigismund of the Imperial Fists and Captain of the Luna Wolves 2nd Company.

Comprehensive History Archive

marshal seanisi

marshal seanisi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
If any of you close to D.C or Northern VA guy's are looking for a nice place then check out Eagle and Empire games in Alexandria VA located about 4 miles from the GW store in Springfield. If any of you can make it out there send me a PM I'd be happy to get some 40k in and introduce you to the local gamers in our area.

GhostLegion

GhostLegion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 708 posts
Eagle and Empire is a good location now that they moved to an easier access than their old store. The new place feels bigger too, which helps. Also remember for people to south and west, Game Parlor in Woodbridge and Chantilly respectively are good locations. For them, bring your own terrain and the tables are often available (in my experience anyway). There are the GW stores too of course, whether you like them or not, GW Springfield, and Potomac Mills are available for gaming.

Personally, I am amazed at the number of stores in the area with gaming space and decent atmosphere for a couple hours of gaming fun.

SunTzu

SunTzu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 159 posts
  • Chapter Name: Aether Angels
just moved to area looking for pick up games. Lgs only has a half day scheduled every other week that I can't attend due to work. Will be willing to host games at my home after nov 1st.

If anyone is out there please let me know.
Dark Angels 8000pts
Eldar 20000pts (yes that is the correct amount of zeros.)
Tyranids 3500pts
Tau 3000pts
Armored Company 2000pts
Inquistion 3000pts

FerociousBeast

FerociousBeast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,231 posts
Hmm, I'm only an hour away, but that's really about a half hour too far...
Dark Angel Codex Project:
Project Redemption/Project Unforgiven: The Bolter & Chainsword Dark Angel Forum's effort towards updating the Unforgiven

FB's Greatest Hits:
My Beef with Codex Space Marines: Constructive criticism and proposed solutions
Fear and the Fearless: Just what do the Dark Angels and their primarch fear?
The Role of Terminator Squads in Codex: Space Marines: An analysis

SunTzu

SunTzu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 159 posts
  • Chapter Name: Aether Angels
damn man. You had all my hopes up that some one responded to my thread and I might be able to get some gaming in. Then you had to go an burst the bubble! LOL

Guess I'm going into gamer retirement.
Dark Angels 8000pts
Eldar 20000pts (yes that is the correct amount of zeros.)
Tyranids 3500pts
Tau 3000pts
Armored Company 2000pts
Inquistion 3000pts

Wolf Lord Bjorn

Wolf Lord Bjorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
Hey me and my gf both play and live in the Roanoke area. Just drop me a PM and we can see if we can arrange some games.

Narthecium

Narthecium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,911 posts
  • Chapter Name: War Dragons
If you are a local of Richmond, Virginia or at least live close by, you may have heard the news that our local GW store at Stony Point is being shut down as of January 28th. Dammit.

Moving on.

We are trying to get together a gaming group to continue to game, meet, etc. Not sure where, or whatever...but feel free to PM me if you live near by. Thanks.

"It is good that we have seen such terrible things. For now, death will be no great sorrow."

Simple Green is made of people! (Product Review: Simple Green)

Masnagj

Masnagj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
Hey Brother, a buddy and myself were looking for people to game with down here as well, we are currently doing most of our gaming around Lynchburg VA about an hour away. He and I will both be up in the stony point store on the 18th hanging out for a couple hours.

Im not sure where you are located but more people to game with is always a good thing.

Narthecium

Narthecium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,911 posts
www.stonypointrefugees.com

There's a link to our upcoming gaming club. All locals (and all visitors!) are welcome to come play a game with us. Four tables, no charge, 40k preferably but there are some fantasy and bloodbowl players too...lots of different ages and mixes.

Edited by Narthecium, 10 August 2009 - 11:21 PM.

"It is good that we have seen such terrible things. For now, death will be no great sorrow."

Narthecium

Narthecium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,911 posts
www.stonypointrefugees.com

for those of you interested. Four tables, no charge, lots of fun! ;)

Edited by Narthecium, 10 August 2009 - 11:21 PM.

Narthecium

Narthecium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,911 posts
Had our first meeting this past weekend...ended up with over 20 people. Not bad :)

Castus Xanthis

Castus Xanthis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands Legion
We have an established group in ashland if you want to come. There is an Apocalypse game on Saturday at Waterloo minis. Come Here
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Stop "1337-speak"!

Everything written by GW and its subsidiaries (Black Library, Sabertooth Games, et al) is official, canon, and otherwise irrefutably part of the 40K universe.

And it's all lies, damn lies, and misinformation.

roninmodern

roninmodern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Got a decent group in Leesburg, Va, though its mostly young teenagers...at 22 I'm pretty much the oldest there.

Send a PM for details.
QUOTE (JamesI @ Dec 6 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I played my Blood Angels in a team game against Necrons yesterday. Part way through I tried to convince the Necrons to stop fighting me and for us to turn on my teammate.

Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. - Proverb

roninmodern

roninmodern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
I go to Leesburg Hobbies and Collectibles in Leesburg VA (bout 40 minutes from DC).

We've also got a GW moving into town very shortly.
QUOTE (JamesI @ Dec 6 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I played my Blood Angels in a team game against Necrons yesterday. Part way through I tried to convince the Necrons to stop fighting me and for us to turn on my teammate.

Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. - Proverb

nada187

nada187

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Just moved to the Abingdon/Glade spring area of Virginia and was wondering if any 40k players were around or knew of a place to game?

Drazzo

Drazzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
Saddly there is a lack of shops and groups in the Abingdon/Glade Springs area. If you dont mind the drive there is Dwayne's World in Kingsport, TN. I know several of the players there and they are a good lot. and in the other direction you got Game Quest, played there once, nice people. But as I drive truck for a living I dont get to play much ^_^

YSIM

YSIM

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Just moved to the Abingdon/Glade spring area of Virginia and was wondering if any 40k players were around or knew of a place to game?

Hey! I used to live in Abingdon! Yeah, there isnt much down there as far as gaming goes.... but I did notice in the back of a recent White Dwarf that they list a store there now. Dont know what its like as I've not been there or if its even still open... White Dwarf lists it as G2K Games down on Main Street. IF you stop by, can you let me know what the store is like? I'm rather curious.
An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell

All Your Swords
A miniatures project log

Frontier

Frontier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Are any of the NoVA players near the Complete Strategist in Falls Church? I usually head out that way on Saturdays. I'd love to meet some of you out there.

YSIM

YSIM

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
Maybe I should ask about myself too. I just recently moved to Warrenton VA; is there any gaming in the local area or is Fredericksburg/Chantilly still my best bet for games?
An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell

All Your Swords
A miniatures project log

marshal seanisi

marshal seanisi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
If any of you guy's in the NOVA area are interested, we are starting a campaign style 40k tournement at Eagle and Empire games in Alexandria. Let me know if you want to sign up and I will give you more details.

Dragomir

Dragomir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Im in the altavista area and am the only person that i know around this area that plays, except when i can bug my roomie to the point that he plays, so if anyone around the area wants to get together and get some games goin im all for it, just PM me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users