Virginia, USA

GhostLegion

hey all, Stafford Virginia here. Besides Game Parlor in Woodbridge (Had some bad experiences with them) is there anywhere closer then 45 minutes to stafford that I can get games in at? I can hit Springfield like once a week depending on school, but that's about it. Sugarland is a solid hour drive for me, as is the Richmond store. Ever since the Potomac Mills store closed it's kinda been a pain to find games.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a denizen of the Woodbridge / Dale City area. I'd love to get a game in once every few weeks - work and other obligations would keep me from playing every week, though. I have a preference for larger games, and I'd love to play in a few Apocalypse events.

Not a competitive player - just play for the love of the game and for the visual spectacle. 40K is meant to be a feast for the eyes.

hmm, maybe we should look into the possibility of forming a Woodbridge Area gamers club. I would like to get some Apoc battles in, and while the Springfield store allows them, timing frequently prevents me from being there long enough to take part in them and the general atmosphere isn't particularly conducive to an Apoc battle. Who's interested?

Apocalypse? Heck, yeah. :)

I haven't played much 5th edition, so you'll have to treat me as someone relatively new ot the game. I still think of marine captains having WS 7 on occasion, and I still have sustained fire dice sitting around somewhere... but having read through the Apocalypse rulebooks, I think it sounds great. Even if I do get stomped flat by a titan.

Apocalypse? Heck, yeah. :HQ:

I haven't played much 5th edition, so you'll have to treat me as someone relatively new ot the game. I still think of marine captains having WS 7 on occasion, and I still have sustained fire dice sitting around somewhere... but having read through the Apocalypse rulebooks, I think it sounds great. Even if I do get stomped flat by a titan.

No worries Brennus. I've only played about a dozen games myself and I'm still learning the rules myself. there are 2 catches that I need to point out right away with doing a large scale Apoc battle (Large scale having the meaning of 10K+). 1 is Space. That's pretty self exclaimitory. We'd need the space to actually hold the game. 2 is time. a 10K game can easily go several hours so we'd have to look at a week end of some sort to do a real Apoc game. Now, by no means am I even slightly bringing these points up to deter any of us from attempting a real apoc game. Beleive me, I've got 3250 in Chaos I'm working on painting up right now, another 3500 in Eldar, and about 1500 in Daemonhunters. Believe me, I WANT To do a real Apoc battle.

There are other smaller points that pretty much feed in and out those larger points I already mentioned, Food during the game, Transportation to the location we're holding the game at, Having enough terrain for the battles, ect but these are all things that we can figure out when we figure what all of us have.

P.S. I'm using 10k in my point because anything below about 4500 isn't really Apoc, it's more like Expanded 40k.

Roger. This will take a bit of planning. We'd need a time/date, a venue, tables and terrain (of course), and other stuff, as you mentioned. Unfortunately, this sort of thing won't fit into the basement of my townhome.

• 5 months later...
Hey all. There's a new place open in Stafford. It's a new Painted Visions on Garrisonville road across from Brewsters Ice Cream. The Sign just reads "Comics/Games" right now. The manager of the store is all for playing 40k there, but the owner is iffy about it. I've already gotten in a pretty fun 3k game there. But I would like to put the word out so others will come play at the shop and we can show the owner that having Gaming in the store is worth the investment in space. If you want to get a game in there, lemme know and we arrange times and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my Virginia battle brothers,

I'm vacationing in Williamsburg between Christmas and New Years. My wife, without any prompting, suggested that I might want to bring an army along and try to get a game.

I am open to meeting any day between the 27th and the 30th. Due to the new models I'm getting, I'll likely be bringing Orks and likely playing them for the first time.

If you're interested, send me an e-mail at bluegrassguardsman@gmail.com and we can set something up.

Hey there! I just moved here from Ohio and I'm currently living in Hampton. I wanna keep playing 40k but I don't know the locations/times around these parts. I don't mind driving 30 mins. or so to get there. I don't mind whether it's Apoc, battle missions or any other expansion, as long as it's 40k.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have started playing at Game Vault in Spotsylvania and so far my experience has been worthwhile. Lots of players/help. Looking for other players as well in the Culpeper area if possible. There's a hobby shop in Warrenton that has a 40k day that I may check out and see what caliber of games are there.

alright, i enlisted in the USN, and i'll be heading to norfolk after basic, so i'm looking for any players on base or near the base or any one who knows of any where to play near the base.

There is a few places near Norfolk.

Atlantis Games and Comics has a location in P-town and Norfolk. I used to go there a lot before I joined the Army and went to HI. Staying on topic, they have a pretty good community around that area.

Also there is Tower of Games in Chesapeake. A lot of my old friends started going here more now. I will be back in a week and can give more of a heads up about it.

I have started playing at Game Vault in Spotsylvania and so far my experience has been worthwhile. Lots of players/help. Looking for other players as well in the Culpeper area if possible. There's a hobby shop in Warrenton that has a 40k day that I may check out and see what caliber of games are there.

I'm a little ways further north of you up in Stafford. I've been trying to get games in at the Springfield store. hasn't worked very well. Where is Game Vault?

I'm a little ways further north of you up in Stafford. I've been trying to get games in at the Springfield store. hasn't worked very well. Where is Game Vault?

Sent you a PM...I think you may be surprised with Game Vault...I'm going Thursday night, it's Warhammer 40k night there.

[i'm a little ways further north of you up in Stafford.

There is also a Game Parlor just alittle north of you in woodbridge. We also play at my friends houses, both in Woodbridge area. If you're interested in that PM me and maybe we can wk something out sometime.

[i'm a little ways further north of you up in Stafford.

There is also a Game Parlor just alittle north of you in woodbridge. We also play at my friends houses, both in Woodbridge area. If you're interested in that PM me and maybe we can wk something out sometime.

I won't touch Game Parlor anymore. Occasionally I'll go buy something from there, but that is rare.

So I said I would say something about the area now that I am back in it.

Tower of Games

-Staff very friendly, if they don't have stuff in stock they will order it and hold it behind the counter.

-They have 4 tables for wargaming, plus smaller tables to set on regular white fold up tables for more.

-Pretty big open area's and plenty of people from what I have seen.

-Tues and Thurs seem to be the big weekday gaming days. Weekends of course.

-Also have hella snacks and fridge with drinks, plus the shopping center has anything else you could need while gaming.

So I said I would say something about the area now that I am back in it.

Tower of Games

-Staff very friendly, if they don't have stuff in stock they will order it and hold it behind the counter.

-They have 4 tables for wargaming, plus smaller tables to set on regular white fold up tables for more.

-Pretty big open area's and plenty of people from what I have seen.

-Tues and Thurs seem to be the big weekday gaming days. Weekends of course.

-Also have hella snacks and fridge with drinks, plus the shopping center has anything else you could need while gaming.

and where is Tower of Games?

EDIT: Never mind. Saw your earlier post.

Edited by maverike_prime

I won't touch Game Parlor anymore. Occasionally I'll go buy something from there, but that is rare.

Why not ?? I never tried to play there, just knew it's there. But if I shouldn't bother trying to play there I'd like to know why.

Why not ?? I never tried to play there, just knew it's there. But if I shouldn't bother trying to play there I'd like to know why.

Well one reason I could think of for the woodbridge store is the unfortunate change in location. its a smaller store now, much tighter fit and the tables are all crammed together. I also know of a few people who dont like the idea of 'renting' time on the tables that are available. Im sure there are other reasons an individual would not want to play at any location...

Well one reason I could think of for the woodbridge store is the unfortunate change in location. its a smaller store now, much tighter fit and the tables are all crammed together. I also know of a few people who dont like the idea of 'renting' time on the tables that are available. Im sure there are other reasons an individual would not want to play at any location...

Those are the two big reasons. Also some of the employees they've had in the past have been... shall we say somewhat less then enthusiastic about their jobs.

me: "Hey, do you have [insert item name]."

them: "If we have it, it's on the wall somewhere. But it's a sucky game"

(thanks, I didn't ask for your opinion)

If I go to a gaming store that offers play space I expect the people who work at the store to have some level of enthusiasm and enjoyment for working at the store. Sure we all have bad days or times where we're just in one of those moods. That happens. But the guys they had there for a while were just pricks.

hey all, i'm from stafford as well but go to college elsewhere

i'd really recommend the game vault in spotsy, it's a great atmosphere, well worth the 20 minute drive ;)

I checked Game Vault out last night. I can certainly vouch for the open atmosphere. If nothing else, bring a bag of popcorn and watch Cathleen and Matt pester one another. It's really funny. I'll be down there next week during my spring break. Who wants to get some games in?

After I get my Black Reach and Battleforce Ultramarines put together and painted, I'll probably making a trip to GV at least once a week, although at this time, I probably can only field just over 1000 pts, if I'm lucky.

By the way, the Hobby Etc. store in Warrenton I'm sorry to say is a joke...only open from 11 am to 5 or 6 and it appears their 40k line isn't that selective...large area for tons of tables, but none found...I didn't go on their 40k night/day, but from what I saw...I'd only go their for scenery supplies...