Virginia, USA

GhostLegion

wheres game vault in stafford? im semi new and im looking for people to play with

Right off 3. If you're driving west on 3, take a left at Old Plank Road, then immediately take a left at the stop sign (watch out - traffic coming from the right has the right of way). The road will turn sharply to the right. Go about 100 yards and then turn right (past a couple of houses on your right and the Moose Lodge on your left). When you get into the strip mall parking lot, go to the right. Game Vault is about midway down.

Here's their website: http://www.thegamevault.net/

• 1 month later...

Greetings brethren of Virginia! I will be hosting an Apoc game at Game Vault September 28th. Rather then clutter up this thread with details about it, I'll just say "If you're interested in joining the fight, send me a message and I'll give you the details."

Greetings brethren of Virginia! I will be hosting an Apoc game at Game Vault September 28th. Rather then clutter up this thread with details about it, I'll just say "If you're interested in joining the fight, send me a message and I'll give you the details."

Please post this in the Events forum, too. And if you send the info to me via PM, I might be able to add it to the calendar.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I am a college student who is in the process of composing my senior thesis, which is on women in gaming culture.  If you are a woman who is involved with wargaming (or know of someone who is) and you are interested in talking to me, please message me or reply and I can give you more project details!  I realize this is a strange request to post on this forum, but I would be grateful for any help I can get!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Calling all Heresy enthusiests!! There will be a Heresy Weekend event in Lorton VA this July! Basic info for now is, we will be using the Heresy books from FW for Rules and for Scenarios. There will be other twists and turns and more details to follow.. If you are interested please send me a PM with your army info. I will keep you up to speed on everything else as it comes together.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anybody in Hampon Roads know of any good spots to play a game or two...? I will be back from Afghanistyan shortly, wouldn't mind getting a game in. I may be a bit rusty, I started palying back in 3rd edition, and have only played maybe a dozen matches since 5th edition. And now 7th is out....lots of catching up to do!

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

I just moved to the DC area and wanted to know of any interesting places for 30k or 40k and if there are any players around. I heard of a place called Labyrinth that I'm going to check out some point soon.

I'm only in town (DC area, staying with my mum is Ashburn) a few days and I might like to check out a shop. I hit up the GW in Fair Oaks mall, but there wasn't much going on. Lots of stock, but the people weren't doing a lot. Is there a nice shop to check out that isn't too far? The Fair Oaks was about a half hour from me and that worked out alright. 

Edited by JeffTibbetts

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only in town (DC area, staying with my mum is Ashburn) a few days and I might like to check out a shop. I hit up the GW in Fair Oaks mall, but there wasn't much going on. Lots of stock, but the people weren't doing a lot. Is there a nice shop to check out that isn't too far? The Fair Oaks was about a half hour from me and that worked out alright. 

If you are still in the area you can check out the Springfield GW, in tower Center. That location normally has a game or two going on. Also, between myself a few friends, we have a table and some terrain. Still a little rusty, but we like to play.

If you are still in the area you can check out the Springfield GW, in tower Center. That location normally has a game or two going on. Also, between myself a few friends, we have a table and some terrain. Still a little rusty, but we like to play.

I was just there the other day. Couldn't stay long but seems like a nice place. I liked the giant tower made of bastions and Aquila shrines.

Will be visiting Va/Beach sometime this summer any good shops in the area for a game?

There is Atlantis comics in Portsmouth and another one in Norfolk.  Only been to the one in Norfolk when I went to school down there-- but they have a few gaming tables in the upstairs area.  

• 3 months later...
Brothers, cousins, guardsmen, xenos, I am in a small club in central Virginia about halfway between Richmond and Virginia Beach. If anybody knows where Gloucester is, message me if you are interested in a game. We are a mostly casual club, but want to host campaigns and or tournaments once we get the numbers. Come on by, we have an awful tau player who is a one-trick pony, and curb-stomping him is great for your self esteem. We have space marines, chaos, tau, orks, and a necron army, and a dark eldar army are in the works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A group of us at World's Best Comics in Newport News have been playing every Saturday. We've got a whole bunch of different armies... however power armor seems to be lacking. Out of the regulars I seem to be only one who uses Codex: Space Marines as their main army. We also don't play very competitively, no Drop Pod Grav Centurions or Imperial Knights here.

• 2 months later...

Hey folks! Ive been in Williamsburg my whole life playing games at Groovy Geckos when it was still around and then FTW and now Jersey's, but I'm moving out to Charlottesville in a few days to start college at UVA. Are there any players out that way? 

Tower Center is a good spot if you can get in during the normal hours. I go there from time to time, and that is where I get most of my models. A couple friends of mine play at my place on occasion not far from Tower Center in Springfield. I have a table and terrain. Look me up if anyone is interested in playing.