Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Illinois, USA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

Ganuus

Ganuus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts
We have a group (not Heresy Era) in Crystal Lake, Illinois.

Anyone else around here?

(sorry to ressurect, but I suppose that's what search is for)
Chaos Bikers, unsafe at any speed!

Nothing says "These twenty-four inches are MINE!" like a Vindicator.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,382 posts
Spring Grove decides to say hello. I can play loyalists (Ultramarines), traitors (Word Bearers), and mostly anything else. Pre-heresy would sound like a fun campaign. Perhaps we borrow BoLS copy of Warhammer 30,000.

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Son_of_Russ6

Son_of_Russ6

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts
Hi all,
Just looking for some people or games clubs in central Illinois. I know their is a club in Champaign, But thats about an hour away. So if there is anyone in the "south of Pontiac, north of Champaign" area. I'm in Normal, so I fall smack in the middle of that area. P.M. me if you are interested in a new player for your club, or starting a new club with me, or are even just looking for a game or two!

Dourine

Dourine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts
Hey, sent you a pm.

Darkapostle222

Darkapostle222

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts
Hi, I am looking to see if there are any gamers in the Barrington Area of Illinois. It is northwest of

Chicago. I know that there isn't a gamesworkshop in the area, but there is one Geneva......

There are also a few hobbytown USAs......

I was just curious to see if i was the only one in my town....
The difference between Gods and Daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time-Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion

Index Astartes: Scions of Khorne

Ganuus

Ganuus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts
Indeed there is. There's actually a GW in Libertyville. Also one opened six days ago in Algonquin in the commons. My group meets at the Hobbytown in Crystal Lake on Saturday's, but we're booted until January because of the holidays.
Chaos Bikers, unsafe at any speed!

Nothing says "These twenty-four inches are MINE!" like a Vindicator.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

paulson games

paulson games

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 610 posts
If you are willing to drive a bit they have the bunker in lombard/downers grove. They expanded the store with another 18 tables and it's huge.

Tom works at the geneva store and he's a cool guy, I haven't been to the store though.

Edited by paulson games, 08 February 2009 - 05:59 PM.

Son_of_Russ6

Son_of_Russ6

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts

If you are willing to drive a bit they have the bunker in lombard/downers grove. They expanded the store with another 18 tables and it's huge.

Tom works at the geneva store and he's a cool guy, I haven't been to the store though.

Thanks, But I found a group in Washington. If you guys have like a huge Apocalypse game, message me. If anyone else is looking for a central Illinois group near Peoria, the group in Washington is AWESOME! I'm there two Sundays in a row, every other week, so message me if you want info. or Dourine.

popfenton

popfenton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
There is also a pretty big group based around Springfield for 40k as well as Fantasy. Our local store rotates its monthly tournaments between both. Fantasy generally has around 10 people where as 40k regularly pushes 20. Feel free to PM me if you guys are interested.

Seahawk

Seahawk

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,382 posts
I know it's farther north, but there is a big group (started in part by moi) in Dekalb, west of the Geneva store by 30 min. Lincoln Highway/Rt 38 takes you straight to the place, called On-Board Games!

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

ShadowCrescents

ShadowCrescents

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
We have a group here in the Belleville/O'Fallon area. We are 20 miles due east of St. Louis, MO. Drop on by for DieCon sometime and let's get some gaming going.

LordRavensheim

LordRavensheim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
For the guy from Normal

There's not an organized group, but a bunch of my friends have armies and play. I brought mine down with me to ISU and don't get many games in... although, I admit, I'm just getting back into the hobby.

I'll shoot you a PM as well.
An inquisitor walks into a bar and

++POST TERMINATED BY AUTHORITY OF THE INQUISITION++
++THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: AN OPEN MIND IS LIKE A FORTRESS WITH IT'S GATES UNBARRED++

Iron Within, Iron Without.

Chaos Space Marines- Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company.
Warband of Warsmith Ferrix Luther, Exile of Medrengard

Warhorse47

Warhorse47

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,418 posts
Down in Southern Illinois, we play at Carbondale, Castle Perilous.
Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules
Sponsored by Wolfwhiz Ale, "It's in the Water"

"Most Astartes chapters are sophisticated, more graceful types who use Chainswords instead. Flesh Tearers, Space Wolves and to a degree Black Templars (due to their zealounsness) forego the sophisticated style for the kill it first, kill it second, kill it third and when it is chunks on the ground with blood spayed all over the place try to identify it. " Blitzkreig

[img=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/wolfhunt.jpg]
Visit my blog
[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=767]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...&blogid=767[/url]
[url=http://www.wargameunderground.com/forum/index.php]http://www.wargameunderground.com/forum/index.php[/url]

Seahawk

Seahawk

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,382 posts
It's summer time, and that means most of the players didn't stick around at the ol' college in Northern Illinois. NIMGC is always looking for more competitors! We still meet (for the most part) Thursday evenings at 5:30 at On-Board Games! in Dekalb, IL. Currently, BFG and 40k are the major systems, but some of us have WFB and Warmachine as well.

Edited by Seahawk, 02 July 2009 - 04:23 PM.

pwrserge

pwrserge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 733 posts
Anybody know of an active group in the area of Elk Grove Village?
It's kind of between 2 GW stores and the Battle Bunker, but I am not sure if there is anywhere with an active gaming club...
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger gun. ~anon
It doesn't say I can't! ~the motto of the Cheese Weasel
Just because you can does not mean you should. ~common sense

Jamafore

Jamafore

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts

There is also a pretty big group based around Springfield for 40k as well as Fantasy. Our local store rotates its monthly tournaments between both. Fantasy generally has around 10 people where as 40k regularly pushes 20. Feel free to PM me if you guys are interested.

If possible, can you message me the name of the store, and when the next 40k tournament is? Also do you guys mind people who ask questions about how the games is played? I'm thinking of getting farther into the gaming then DoW but have now idea how it it played, so if possible I would like to watch a game and ask questions, please.
QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake a world if he has but a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

"You build it, and it looks good. You prime it, all the work unifies, and it looks better. But then you paint it, and remember why you put all the effort in to it, as it comes to life." - Subtle Discord

"Rabid Ferrets make wonderful minions. Here have some!" ::hands over squirming bag::  -Me in various online games.

"I love it when people try to correct grammar on the internet. As if posting a correction to a post written in three seconds is going to stem the tide of illiteracy." - StigmatTickles, Gamefaqs.com Message Board.

20.jpg

Xbox Gamertag: Jamafore. I'm in Central standard time. Apparently -5 dst?

Iron_Chaos_Brute

Iron_Chaos_Brute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
I just moved to Chicago for college and I'm looking for some good 40K.

Any takers?
There is no surer way to get me to tear your army list up for you than claiming that it's unbeatable.

Named Disciple of the Minigun by Minigun762, November 1st, 2009.

QUOTE (Lord_Caerolion @ Sep 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yeah, these are my Night Lords. The Lord worships Slaanesh, and is a Daemon Prince who can scare people where he wants them to go. And this is his twin, another Slaaneshi Prince, who can do the same."

QUOTE (chillin @ Nov 2 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you play a lot of retards?

Check out my blog at: http://ironchaosbrute.blogspot.com

bloodseeker36

bloodseeker36

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts
Does anyone play 40k who is from Elgin, or any one play that is from Chicago, maybe the northside by lincon park??

Edited by bloodseeker36, 28 October 2009 - 07:40 PM.

gallery_24779_1036_10570.jpg

Lastman

Lastman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
I'm near Lincoln Park. There's two game stores in the city now (RIP all the old ones): Black Sun Games and the Dice Dojo.

Depayen

Depayen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
I am in the Marengo area which is 15 minutes west of crystal lake and 20 to 30 minutes from elgin depending where your located.

Beware of the Orangemen.
W/T/L; 13/2/14 AWC tournament circuit and games Templar. Season 2009 to 2010
W/T/L; 6/0/3 AWC tournament circuit and games. Daemons. Season 2010 to 2011
W/T/L; 9/4/5 AWC tournament Circuit Dark Eldar. Season 2011 to 2012 16th overall
W/T/L; 12/0/7AWC tournament Circuit Mixed. Season 2012 to 2013 11th overall

Overall Play
W/T/L; 44/12/30 Daemons
W/T/L; 24/6/13 New Dark Eldar

Schertenleib

Schertenleib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts
Greetings all,

I'm looking for games near NW Indiana. I've stumbled across "Basement Heretics" & "Saturday Night Killzone" on Meetups.com. Are there others?
Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules
Hidden Content

ninjaturtlethug

ninjaturtlethug

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
I've moved up to the southern suburbs of chicago and am looking for some games around there. (Orland Park area)
Iron Hands Clan Lyaan
Iron Hands Clan Lyaan

Sanguinarian

Sanguinarian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 529 posts

I'm near Lincoln Park. There's two game stores in the city now (RIP all the old ones): Black Sun Games and the Dice Dojo.

My KNIGHTS OF (BRIDGEPORT) BLOOD are thirsty. Looking to get into a league and quench it. We cannot survive on Dark Eldar alone. My buddy from Plainfield runs a wicked DE army. We play 2500pts, so LMK.
"Loose us on the heretics, traitors and daemon-lovers, but hide your faithful and participate not in the battle. For we have judged the whole of your people as weak and deserving only of the Emperor's wrath!!!" - Commander Michelangelis, Chapter Master of the Knights of Blood

My 2011 LPC WIP Thread

MylesTheTroll

MylesTheTroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts
We have a 5 person WH40k group that meets every Sunday night in the Lockport/Joliet/New Lenox area. We are looking for one more play to do even games of 1v1, 2v2, 3v3. We have 2 standard tables, and a bunch of armies (Angels, Wolves, Tau, Nids, CSM, Daemons, Necrons, Eldar, Orkz, SM, and IG) to field. Flexible when it comes to proxying since we aren't all millionaires....yet.. All about enjoying the battle and bruskies. Contact me via email @ MylesTheTroll@yahoo.com

Edited by MylesTheTroll, 10 June 2010 - 06:20 AM.

Blog Space Wolves theme songs: Korpiklaani's Running with Wolves, Beer Beer, manOwar's Battle Hymns, Sons of Odin, Ensiferum's Battle Song

PH34RB0T

PH34RB0T

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts
I'm heading up there in a few months for college, and I noticed that there was a LGS in town.