• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For all those in the Illinois area.

Many Thanks To The Fine Folks of Omegahobbies.com and Heroic Adventures

For co-sponsoring the :

HOST:

DieCon 11, June 3-5, 2011 @ Gateway Center Collinsville, IL

Tournament length:

5 rounds: 3 rounds Sat June 5th and 2 rounds on Sunday June 6th.

Tournament :

Begins at 10am (1000 hrs) on Sat June 5th and Sunday June 6th. Please be on time.

Army Size:

Warhammer 40K 2000 pts

BONUS:

Five battle points will be awarded to early army submissions. Submit your army list to armies@Omegahobbies.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it until May 20, 2011.

DieCon 11 pre-registration required to receive bonus. Bring 5 copies of your army list to the tournament for your opponents.

Painting:

While it is not required to have your army completely painted to participate in this event, it is highly encouraged, and recommended. If you choose to participate in this tournament with an unpainted army, just keep in mind, you will NOT be eligible to win the "Overall Champion" award, nor "Best Appearance". You will however, still be eligible for "Best General", and "Best Sportsman". So, if at all possible, get that army painted, and help us make this tournament not only fun to play in, but amazing to see as well.

Prize Support:

1st Place : $300.00 **

2nd Place : $200.00 **

3rd Place : $100.00 **

Best Appearance, Best General and Sportsmanship awards will be handed out, as well as random prizes on Friday during open gaming of any GW game being played.

See omegahobbies.com for details.

Gateway Grand Tournament Registration:

$30.00 from now - March 1, 2011 *

$35.00 March 2 - April 17, 2011 *

$40.00 April 18, 2011 - June 5, 2011 *

Pre-registrtation is now Open and you can get signed up here :

Pre-registration

Please be sure to Select 40K as your Saturday Event.

Notes:

Online registration available at diecon.com until May 15, 2011.

**(Half of the amount can be redeemed at DieCon and the other half will be mailed to you from Games Workshop in the form of gift vouchers)

*(Prices shown include DieCon 11 Weekend Convention badge and additional prize support costs)

Hope to see you there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I run a monthly friendly tourney at the End Zone in Mattoon IL. It is on 1st Saturday of every month and starts at 1pm. Jan is 1500 points, then we are going up to 1700 for next few months. Feel free to come check it out or contact me wtih any questions.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I'm looking for people in the LaSalle county area that are interested in doing some WH40K. As of now, I only play Space Wolves. I also have an Eldar army, but am awaiting for 6th edition update/codex to start collecting them again. I have roughly 5k points of Space Wolves collected. I play them different ways almost every time that I play them. I'm mainly looking for people my age (I'm 26) to play with. I have a group out in Will county that I play with, but since I'm moving away from that area, I won't be playing with them as much as I used to (maybe once or twice a month compared to a few times a week) If interested let me know via PM.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Just looking for some people or games clubs in central Illinois. I know their is a club in Champaign, But thats about an hour away. So if there is anyone in the "south of Pontiac, north of Champaign" area. I'm in Normal, so I fall smack in the middle of that area. P.M. me if you are interested in a new player for your club, or starting a new club with me, or are even just looking for a game or two!

The Gameroom in Washington is a good place for GMing a Fantasy Flight Game.

Hi all,

Just looking for some people or games clubs in central Illinois. I know their is a club in Champaign, But thats about an hour away. So if there is anyone in the "south of Pontiac, north of Champaign" area. I'm in Normal, so I fall smack in the middle of that area. P.M. me if you are interested in a new player for your club, or starting a new club with me, or are even just looking for a game or two!

The Gameroom is in Washington, IL. Don't know if that meets your criteria but just letting you know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Spring Bay bro. But I do go to the Gameroom in Washington, IL. They have a summer league right now for anyone in the immediate area who wants to join. They are still using 5th edition rules so that everyone can play catchup.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if the Gameroom was damaged by the disaster that hit Washington, IL on 17 Nov 2013?

I was only in there once, back near the end of 3rd ed, and picked up my first models there (3 Tyranid Warriors), but I grew up about an hour from there (in Havana, IL then Lewistown, IL and finally in Canton, IL), and used to go to college with some people who lived up near there...

• 2 months later...

Didn't they just open two new Games Workshop stores in the chicago suburbs? I remember seeing something about it a few days ago I thought. There is a pretty solid group here in peoria that play casual games every saturday at a local gaming store. It's probably about a 3 hour drive, but you'd be welcome to come play and use the tables and terrain.

Brother Icculus, have you heard anything about the Game Room over in Washington, IL after the tornado?  I'm not as worried about the store itself as the owners/staff/usual players, as I grew up in Havana and Lewistown and Canton, IL.

Thank you.  I've not had a lot of contact with people there for a while, but I still worry about people I know who might've been hurt when Mother Nature decided to rearrange the terrain there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Illinois gamers!  A nice big gaming store is located in Batavia just north of I88 on Kirk road.  Called Draxtar games, they have a Facebook page as well!  They are hosting monthly tourneys for 40k, Fantasy, Bolt Action, Warmachine/Hordes, etc and tons of magic players.  Its a good time lots of people show up now since most stores in the area have closed. 

Thought I would post this since I am always wanting to see more faces at this store to keep the 40k scene going!  So far the last 3 tourneys have seen around 20-30 people each time!

• 1 year later...