Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Light Armor Spam Slaaneshi Army 2000 Points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts
HQ:
Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Warptime

ELITE:
Chaos Dreadnought, 2x DCCW

TROOPS:
10 Noise Marines, Doom Siren,+Power Weapon Champion, Rhino
3 x 7 Noise Marines, Sonic Blasters, Rhino
5 Noise Marines, Blastmaster

HEAVY:
Defiler, Reaper, DCCW
Defiler, Reaper, DCCW
Predator, AutoCannon, LasCannons

I'm left with 60 points that I'm not sure what to do with. I could add in 3 naked Noise Marines to squads, just to get the numbers up.
This isn't alot of bodies for me, a mere 36 Marines at 2k points which scares me.

Note: No Power Fists but I'm hoping I have enough with the Dreads/Defilers

Edited by minigun762, 04 April 2009 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
I will say I dont like the dreads being shooty . there areny realiable enough to be trusted with shoting [at least as my testing goes] . I would keep them hth . also lack of DP is a big hit [as is a single defiler] . am not sure If a semi chaozilla list is possible to make [maybe at 2k pts up , I would have to check the pts]. As troops go you could go 2x5pm[or 2x5 blastmaster squads] squads and demons . Lessers are actually useful in the zilla build ,

your list is really going to strugle against LR build or mecha lists . But ill test it , maybe it aint so bad.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hmm, the lack of Deamon princes hurts too much I think.
I would take a bitt less troops and add 2 Princes.
Personally I would only take dread w/ 2 DCCW setup.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts

I will say I dont like the dreads being shooty . there areny realiable enough to be trusted with shoting [at least as my testing goes] . I would keep them hth . also lack of DP is a big hit [as is a single defiler] . am not sure If a semi chaozilla list is possible to make [maybe at 2k pts up , I would have to check the pts]. As troops go you could go 2x5pm[or 2x5 blastmaster squads] squads and demons . Lessers are actually useful in the zilla build ,

your list is really going to strugle against LR build or mecha lists . But ill test it , maybe it aint so bad.

Sorry it wasn't clear, it should be 3 Defilers all armed that way, for a total of 6 Walkers.

The lack of Daemon Princes is a calculated risk. My thought is that since the Rhinos/Walkers are basically immune to S5, then it would mean a smart opponent would direct all that firepower towards my DP's and T5 and 3+ will only hold up for so long against focused fire.

The Dreads are shooty because I feel that the extra damage at range will be worth it. However only extensive playtesting will determine if thats the case. As you see I did toss in a 2x DCCW version to test it out.

Against Land Raiders, I'm relying on S10 DCCW to do the work. I'm more worried about fast moving skimmers who can keep outside of my range.

I'm trying to play this more as a light armor spam then straight Chaoszilla but it may only be weakening an already questionable armylist.
Posted Image

Psyan 2

Psyan 2

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
I'd say that you should drop the TLHB off the first Dreadnought and run all three of your Dreads with ML/DCCW. It will give you a little bit of AT power at range, in case you need it. You already have a lot of anti-personnel dakka from your Noise Marines.

Speaking of which... are there no PW Champs in your Noise Marine squads? I'd suggest dropping a model or two so that you can get them. They're definitely worth their price. I'd also consider switching two of your Noise Marine squads for regular CSM (w/ MoS, if you like). You can give them Melta Guns and PFs and still come out about the same in points.

If you're bringing 3 Defilers, you really should consider having an HQ with Lash of Submission, if not two of them. Lash an enemy squad into a nice, tight formation and then drop Battle Cannon and Missile Launcher Templates on them. You should be able to pretty much kill an entire squad with each successful use of the Lash.

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts
original army post edited
Posted Image

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
I would drop the pred and take a second DP.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."