Alabama, USA

Karl The Jarl

I live in Auburn Alabama, there are a few people here that I can get together and game with. I was wondering if there were more people perhaps in the surrounding area? Sometimes I go to Montgomery or even Atlanta! But it's a bit of a drive. If there are people that game in the surrounding area speak up and perhaps we can arrange a game.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dude,

......1st WEAGLE,WEAGLE, WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

......2nd Sorry Man, I moved back home in '05, live outside Decatur, Al and work in Huntsville. But every once in a while I come down for a football game. If you ever decide to come this way or if I come down for a game we will have to get together for a game.

By the way check out Haawgs.com, it is a north Alabama wargaming site with about 350 members from B'Ham to southern Tenn. but mainly Huntsville area gamers. Also, they are putting on a Tourney in June at UAH only $20 to enter so check it out. We have a real great bunch of gamers on the site. There is also a small tournament at Battleground Games in Cullman on the 19th of April, this Sunday, would take about 2 1/2 hrs for you to drive there if your interested.

WAAAARRR EAGLE!

I will check out the site....... if I am ever up that way I will get in contact with you, as of right now North Alabama is a bit far :)

I am usually in Auburn year 'round so I am always up for a game if you find yourself down this way!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There is a store called Battleground Games in Cullman that is devoted to 40k and has a small base of players. I myself live in Guntersville. Anyone in the area that wants to play let me know. I may or may not be able to make time since school is starting back now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi fellas,

I'm currently moving from Colorado Springs to Huntsville, AL. I won't get settled in until late July, but am hoping to find a good LGS to play at once I get there.

Regards,

Valerian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi guys. Just opening a thread to find people near my area who play Warhammer 40K. I live in North Central Alabama in Walker County. Looking to meet people who live nearby that play or collect WH40K. The nearest City to me that has a Games Workshop Store is Birmingham, Alabama and thats an hour and a half away from me. I would like to meet people who live closer to play once my army is complete.

Im building a Blood Angel Army and I almost have it complete. I like a Transport and a HQ Unit having my army so it will be done soon. If you live nearby let me know so we can talk and possibly play one day soon.

• 1 month later...

I live in Montgomery, we have a few guys down here that play.  Looks like Mont is even further than Birmingham for you tho.

I did make a trip to Birmingham a few weeks ago, that GW store is very nice.  The salesman was cool, the terrain/boards were great and there were a few guys in there playing space hulk.

• 2 weeks later...
I still haven't been to that store yet but it's definitely in my near future plans. I had planned on going this month but I got behind on a bill or two and couldn't afford to hit it this month. Maybe next month I can. I want to have a little money when I go cause I know I'll see something I want in there! Lol. Might even have an army to play with by then although it will be an unpainted one. They will have to deal with a red base coated army! Lmao

No worries if your army is unpainted.  most of my stuff is still primed/unpainted.  There are only a few 40k guys with fully painted armies in the shop.

I normally play on thursday evenings, but if you wanted to come down on a weekend I can meet ya and play a game or two. 

There's also Excelsior in Hoover, AL, just a little south of Birmingham, which hosts a fairly large group. Wish I could help more, but I'm in Huntsville which would be even further, and our local group has mostly collapsed anyhow.

Thanks for the info guys. I will see about getting my stuff next month so I can come play. I have a cousin that lives close to Hoover so maybe I can arrange to stay the night with her and her husband one weekend and hit both the GW store and the other you mentioned. I planned on having everything this month but some unexpected expenses reared their ugly heads and put a wrench in my plans. I was wanting to get the new assault squad and devastator squad sets this month. Those look really good. Do either of those shops have painting sessions or classes?? That would be awesome as I originally got into the hobby for the hobby side of it anyways. I would have to watch a few games before even attempting to play because I dont know any of the rules yet. LOL. I tried to read the rule books but theres just so much to remember and with me having ADD learning comes hard. LMAO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello B&C members,

I live in the Greater Birmingham Area. I've seen there have been a few threads on people in Alabama interested in getting together for games and such. But all of the posts are several years old now. So I decided to toss out a line to see if anyone might be interested in meeting up.

Living in Birmingham I'm about an hour drive from Huntsville and about 1.5 hours maybe a bit more from Montgomery. There are several locations in and around my area that has a very strong community.

The Promenade Games Workshop, Superior Games and Comics, I believe Quality Collectibles in Jasper is accommodating ( I haven't been there in years) . And  "The Deep" In Huntsville as well as The Huntsville Games Workshop. As far as I can recall. There's a new store that's opening up in the Clay-Pinson area that supposedly will have some table top accessibility. I can find out more information if needed.

The Superior group is the most active. If you're into ITC type rules and tournaments we have monthly tournaments there, entry is $10.00 - $15.00

If you're looking for casual games They have 12? Tables and lots of room to spend the day throwing dice as well. The GW store has 2 tables that are always open to play with a lot of great scenery painted to a high quality.

I'm personally seeking individuals who would like to play in an ongoing campaign, using power level and WYSIWYG. I have no problem also playing matched play games, because that's mostly what everyone else plays. I play a lot of teaching games to get new players feet wet as well as play seasoned veterans.

I hope to hear from some of you!
Cheers,
-DBH