Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750pts Daemons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Skell

Skell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts
I've been playing this list for a while, with some variations as I'm figuring out what works and what doesn't. So far I'm pretty happy with this army, in this list I've added an icon, Instrument and extra bloodcrusher to the crushers unit to make them more resilient then they already are.
Most games against other tournament tooled/strong players armies have been really close and fun. So i think I've got its power level about right, while still not being OTT.
It has a few in-built weaknesses, mainly anti-AV14 and struggles a bit with horde lists/mass firepower armies. Also the Chariot of tzeentch was downgraded from the bolt/mater/legion to just a 65pt gaze jet bike, cause i never really got it to work when it was solo(worked great in pairs). Also the khorne chariot is quite fun, never really does anything, but i usually suicide it pretty close and then it eats alot of firepower, saving the rest of the army some punishment.

I'm just look for some opinions on the armylist as a whole.

HQ
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might = 270pts

Tzeentch Herald - Chariot = 65pts

Khorne Herald - Chariot, Unholy Strength = 100pts

Elites
7 Bloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos, Chaos Icon = 320pts

8 Flamers of Tzeentch = 280pts

Troops
15 Pink Horrors - Changeling = 260pts

10 Bloodletters = 160pts

10 Bloodletters = 160pts

Heavy Support
Soulgrinder = 135pts

Total = 1750pts

Thanks ahead for any comments, or advice.

Edited by Skell, 31 March 2009 - 06:22 AM.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Where's blessing on the 'thirster and the other 'grinder? And why are your horrors and 'crushers in such big units?

That's what I asked myself when reading this list. Most of it's ok, but I'd seriously consider dropping your horrors down to ten and getting the Changeling in there, and dropping your bloodcrushers down to four for easier deepstriking and not overkilling things too much. Use the points for another 'grinder, blessing on your thirster and whatever else takes your fancy. Get phlegm on both 'grinders if you can.

Otherwise it's a solid list.

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts

HQ
(2)Bloodthirster - Unholy Might = 270pts

(1)Tzeentch Herald - Chariot = 65pts

(1)Khorne Herald - Chariot, Unholy Strength = 100pts

You know, while the Heralds you have aren't too shabby, have you considered going with Charioted, Unholy Might Daemonttes? Its outside the current theme but they're cheap and full of S5 Rending fun.
Personally I'm not sure if a Tzeentchian Chariot Herald is worth it without the other spells, so you could always bury it in the Horror squad or drop it entirely. Same with the Khorne Herald.

Elites
(2)7 Bloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos, Chaos Icon = 320pts

(1)8 Flamers of Tzeentch = 280pts

So many points are used here, I'd really consider trimming some of the Bloodcrushers as 14 seems excessive to me. 10 Seems a much more reasonable number and that frees up alot of extra points.

Troops
(2)15 Pink Horrors - Changeling = 260pts

(2)10 Bloodletters = 160pts

(1)10 Bloodletters = 160pts

Remember only 1 Horror squad can have the Changeling. 15 is a bit big, but thats not horrible really. I'd probably drop it down to 12-14 and move the Bloodletters up to 12 as well.

Heavy Support
(1)Soulgrinder = 135pts

This guy could really use a friend, either another Soulgrinder or some Daemon Princes.

Without letting my dislike of Bloodcrushers bias my opinion too much, if this was my list I'd cut down the number of 'crushers and Horrors and drop the 2 Heralds. Then I'd add a few Bloodletters to the squads and take some more big things, either Soulgrinders, Daemon Princes or another Greater Daemon.
Posted Image

Skell

Skell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts

Where's blessing on the 'thirster and the other 'grinder? And why are your horrors and 'crushers in such big units?

That's what I asked myself when reading this list. Most of it's ok, but I'd seriously consider dropping your horrors down to ten and getting the Changeling in there, and dropping your bloodcrushers down to four for easier deepstriking and not overkilling things too much. Use the points for another 'grinder, blessing on your thirster and whatever else takes your fancy. Get phlegm on both 'grinders if you can.

Otherwise it's a solid list.

blessing's is usually on there when i have 5pts spare, I've never actually used it.

What do you think of dropping the khorne herald and taking 2 units of 4 crushers with upgrades(fury/instrument, probably not an icon)? overall its lost 2 wounds, saves 70pts. Same amount of units.

I originally ran the horror's as 10man, but 15 seems to be a better choice for reliability of its firepower when they drop.

I only have 1 soul grinder and i think phlegm would be the goods. So phelgm for 25pts, and 45pts to spend.

HQ
(2)Bloodthirster - Unholy Might = 270pts

(1)Tzeentch Herald - Chariot = 65pts

(1)Khorne Herald - Chariot, Unholy Strength = 100pts

You know, while the Heralds you have aren't too shabby, have you considered going with Charioted, Unholy Might Daemonttes? Its outside the current theme but they're cheap and full of S5 Rending fun.
Personally I'm not sure if a Tzeentchian Chariot Herald is worth it without the other spells, so you could always bury it in the Horror squad or drop it entirely. Same with the Khorne Herald.

Elites
(2)7 Bloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos, Chaos Icon = 320pts

(1)8 Flamers of Tzeentch = 280pts

So many points are used here, I'd really consider trimming some of the Bloodcrushers as 14 seems excessive to me. 10 Seems a much more reasonable number and that frees up alot of extra points.

Troops
(2)15 Pink Horrors - Changeling = 260pts

(2)10 Bloodletters = 160pts

(1)10 Bloodletters = 160pts

Remember only 1 Horror squad can have the Changeling. 15 is a bit big, but thats not horrible really. I'd probably drop it down to 12-14 and move the Bloodletters up to 12 as well.

Heavy Support
(1)Soulgrinder = 135pts

This guy could really use a friend, either another Soulgrinder or some Daemon Princes.

Without letting my dislike of Bloodcrushers bias my opinion too much, if this was my list I'd cut down the number of 'crushers and Horrors and drop the 2 Heralds. Then I'd add a few Bloodletters to the squads and take some more big things, either Soulgrinders, Daemon Princes or another Greater Daemon.

Sorry the numbers in the brackets were my most likely 1st/2nd halves, not the number of units. Although it changes depends on my opponent.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
I'll admit I'm probably a bit of a fanboy for blessing, but it's saved my bloodthirster more times than I can count :P

Alright, two units of four 'crushers is good. If you can afford the icon get it for wound allocation games, but if it's too costly don't worry about it too much. I'd still like to see a second 'grinder, but models are one of the strongest limiting factors in this game, so no worries if you can't take a second, but it might be a good thing to get next ;) On the subject of horrors, you know your local game better than I do, and I'm not quite sure why I mentioned the Changeling in my original post when you already have him......must be going senile in my old age ;)

Anyway, 45 points left to spend, well, that's one icon for your 'crushers, and I guess the other 20 points could be used for death strike and blessing on your Khorne herald, normally I don't like death strike, but I can't think where else to spend the points.

djkest

djkest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts

I've been playing this list for a while, with some variations as I'm figuring out what works and what doesn't. So far I'm pretty happy with this army, in this list I've added an icon, Instrument and extra bloodcrusher to the crushers unit to make them more resilient then they already are.
Most games against other tournament tooled/strong players armies have been really close and fun. So i think I've got its power level about right, while still not being OTT.
It has a few in-built weaknesses, mainly anti-AV14 and struggles a bit with horde lists/mass firepower armies. Also the Chariot of tzeentch was downgraded from the bolt/mater/legion to just a 65pt gaze jet bike, cause i never really got it to work when it was solo(worked great in pairs). Also the khorne chariot is quite fun, never really does anything, but i usually suicide it pretty close and then it eats alot of firepower, saving the rest of the army some punishment.

I'm just look for some opinions on the armylist as a whole.

HQ
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might = 270pts
Needs Blessing for 5 points

Tzeentch Herald - Chariot = 65pts
Needs Master of Sorcery, We are Legion, and Bolt of Tz. Total cost 110

Khorne Herald - Chariot, Unholy Strength = 100pts
I'd put him on a juggernaught, and give him blessing also.

Elites
7 Bloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos, Chaos Icon = 320pts
Reduce this to 4, and have the Herald ride with them.

8 Flamers of Tzeentch = 280pts
How about 2 units of 4... or 2 units of 3?
Troops
15 Pink Horrors - Changeling = 260pts
12-14 of these

10 Bloodletters = 160pts
Units of 12 would be better

10 Bloodletters = 160pts
Again, 12 is more ablative wounds

Heavy Support
Soulgrinder = 135pts

Total = 1750pts

Thanks ahead for any comments, or advice.

==Me==

==Me==

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,422 posts
Horrors and Juggers are in too big a unit, not enough big gribblies (moar Grinders!), light on the anti-tank (bolt, Fiends, and the like would help).
Angels of the Lion
Oh yeah, well I'll go make ==My== own blog, with Blackjack & Hookers