Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vadskærs Marines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
832 replies to this topic

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
Dear all,

First of all thank you for checking out my thread. In here I'll post pictures of finished or nearly finished models. I've been painting and collecting 40K since July 2008, but I've painted a lot of 1:35 scale WWII models in my younger years.

For now, I only play, paint and collect Space Marines, but I have plans of starting an IG army sometime during next winter. I mostly paint Dark Angels, but sometimes try out wholly different paint schemes for my marines so you'll also see some non-codex colours in this thread. I also paint a few Daemonhunter models for my friend, so they may also find their way in here.

Comments and criticism is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Vadskær

EDIT 31/3-2009: I need to do some image enhancing before posting more pictures. They come out way to dark. More pictures to follow soon :-)

Edited by Vadskær, 31 December 2012 - 02:45 PM.

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well! (my painting mantra...but GOD it slows down the production line ;-)

kickstarter-news

Gafgarion

Gafgarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
That is great to hear. Look

Where are the pictures though? :D

Would it have been better to have actually used the blog section of this site?
IPB Image

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
Here's a first try at my image upload. I think I'll have to do some image-enhancing on my pictures because they're way, way to dark.

First up is one of my DA Company Masters

Posted Image

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well! (my painting mantra...but GOD it slows down the production line ;-)

kickstarter-news

Primarch Corax

Primarch Corax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
Very nice!
5th Ed. Record:
Raven Guard - 19-2-7 (W-L-D)
Become my pupil, challenge me! http://roaring-inferno.mybrute.com

Kable

Kable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
Your company master looks great, especially liking the banner. And putting the helmet on the base adds a nice feature to the overall model.

Awesome job Vadskær.
"And then I said to the Inquisitor 'Smite THIS!' and I cut his head off!" <bangs on table, causing small earthquake in a nearby country that kills thousands>"
- Angron

"Always remember. The strongest are Strongest alone".
- Huron Blackheart

cathar the great

cathar the great

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts
Really not bad.

What kind of look did you want to give him? I can't really read his face. Is he sad?

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
Thanks for the replies ^_^ As posted earlier, I will try to get better pictures and do a bigger post of pictures with different views of the model. If you punch the picture up in size you should be able to see some more details in the face. He has a sort of concerned, concentrated look (I bet he's wondering about how he's going to kill all the approaching Nids before his assault squad comes along and steals all the fun :P )

Again, better pictures should do him credit. I only have two hours more before going home from work, so hang in there :P

kickstarter-news

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
I found a picture of a model I did for a good friend of mine. Since he has the figure now, it will be difficult to obtain new images in the near future. I will search my home computer for different views though.

Here's a teaser though :tu:

Inquisitor Lord Coteaz with a caved-in Chaos Marine helmet at his feet.

Posted Image

Edited by Vadskær, 31 March 2009 - 01:26 PM.

kickstarter-news

mongrelfish

mongrelfish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
These models look really good. Two great sculpts that you've done justice to. I especially like the gold armour on the Inquisitor model - Would you mind sharing your secret?

AnDyzZzoRe

AnDyzZzoRe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
Loving the DA company master!
looks very similar to mine, however my main gripe is the face.
Not the painting but the model itself, i didnt use that particular head for the reason that I think it looks very odd. I dont know why exactly, but i just dont think it looks quite right.

but very nice work, looking forward to seeing more

Fol_Muroj

Fol_Muroj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts
Superb. I especially admire both the cleanliness and the level of detail that you have achieved.

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

These models look really good. Two great sculpts that you've done justice to. I especially like the gold armour on the Inquisitor model - Would you mind sharing your secret?

Hi Mongrelfish,

Thanks for the reply - the "secret" behind mr. Coteaz' gold armour is the following process:

Undercoat Chaos Black spray
Over all the armour areas do two lightly thinned coats of 1:1 scorched brown and shining gold
Then do two layers of shining gold and wash the crevices with babab black and gryphonne sephia.
Go over the areas again and tidy up with shining gold.
For highlights first do a thinned 1:1 mix of shining gold and mithril silver and then a straight thinned mithril silver.

Hope it was helpful - if not please don't hesistate to ask again :)

kickstarter-news

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies - I appreciate the comments :)

AnDyzZzoRe - yes, I agree that the sculpt of the face is somewhat strange, but it was still a pleasure to paint and a challenge with his very stern expression.

I went nuts with my camera yesterday evening under a good painting lamp, and here's some shots of one of my newest models, another DA Company Master with Thunderhammer. I'm working on his base, so the one he's shown with here is just a temporary one in order to do the pictures. Therefore he leans somewhat, since he isn't fixed to the base.

Some of the highlights are difficult to see on the pictures, but they are there, neatly applied with a lighter tone of green withour being garrish.

Enjoy :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

kickstarter-news

Kable

Kable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
Once again Vadskær, Awesome job!
"And then I said to the Inquisitor 'Smite THIS!' and I cut his head off!" <bangs on table, causing small earthquake in a nearby country that kills thousands>"
- Angron

"Always remember. The strongest are Strongest alone".
- Huron Blackheart

Sir Clausel

Sir Clausel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 243 posts
Nice to see a fellow Dane around here B)
And the fact that hes painting really well is great! Good way of representing our country !

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

Nice to see a fellow Dane around here :D
And the fact that hes painting really well is great! Good way of representing our country !

Hejsa Sir Clausel

Fedt at "møde" en anden dansker herinde! Hvor i landet er du fra, og har du også nogle as heck dine farvelader udstillet herinde på B&C?

/Vadskær

kickstarter-news

WarsmithAjai

WarsmithAjai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts
Terrific. I especially like how you worked the DA emblem into the hammer company masters' shoulder pad.

Sir Clausel

Sir Clausel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 243 posts
I dont know if we are allowed to speak danish in here?
But anyway I live in Taastrup on Sjælland. And yes I have some minis put in here. Just look through my profil or search Sir_Clausel on photobucket. I have quite some Ultras there.

FuriousFerret

FuriousFerret

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 629 posts
/vink vink/ fra Odense :-)

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
Hi all

Cool also to see some Danish guys in here :) I appreciate all your comments. For this post I'd like to show a newly done DA terminator sergeant with stormbolter & power weapon. His base is in the works, so I've just put him om a spare one. The white DA symbol on the top also needs a small amout of re-touching but that should be all that's left.

I decided to mix my Deathwing between my standard DA scheme and some pure bone whites. To represent this one's engagement with the Deathwing, I coloured one of his shouldepads in my bonewhite scheme. I decided to give him a clean look, but on some of my future models I'll experiment more with a bit of wear and tear.

I used the arms of the DA-Veteran upgrade sprue and added Forgeworld DA shoulderpads - gotta love the detail in the resin!

Comments and critique always welcome.

Enjoy :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Vadskær, 02 April 2009 - 03:59 PM.

kickstarter-news

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
Next up for today is a Tactical Sergeant w. bolter in a Mars-pattern colour scheme. I aimed for a more redish tone, but since i used drybrush for him and his squad, they came out with a more red/orange look which reminds me of the environment and colour from Mars.

This one, and his squad, which will be following, was painted as a batch - somethind that I usually abhore! It's super nice when you're done, but I don't like the process. I'd rather spend hours on end on one or two different models at a time. One thing I do need to redo is drill our his bolter barrel which will hapen this Easter. Anyway I think they came out quite nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Vadskær, 02 April 2009 - 12:45 PM.

kickstarter-news

konskrypt

konskrypt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 200 posts
Excellent looking figures!!
Your tac sgt though has a shoulder pad denoting him as a techmarine and another denoing him as an apothecary?

Gafgarion

Gafgarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
Wow, these are great. I love the Mars marine, do you have any more to post?
IPB Image

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

Excellent looking figures!!
Your tac sgt though has a shoulder pad denoting him as a techmarine and another denoing him as an apothecary?

Thanks konskrypt! Yes, I know the shoulderpads are quite wrong, but the model was one of my earliest, and back when I put him together I didn't think much about what was codex-correct. I decided to let him be as he was.

kickstarter-news

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

Wow, these are great. I love the Mars marine, do you have any more to post?

Thanks a lot - here's some more :jaw:

First up, a brother marine with a missile launcher and bolt pistol in holster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Second, a brother marine with a flamer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

kickstarter-news