Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

I really love how you just do random models rather than a cohesive army. It really keeps the thread interesting.

Your Dark Angels are pretty cool looking. The standard bearer is one of the better DA mini's I've seen, by far.

I really love how you just do random models rather than a cohesive army. It really keeps the thread interesting.

Your Dark Angels are pretty cool looking. The standard bearer is one of the better DA mini's I've seen, by far.

Now that's a pretty nice way of saying that I work utterly chaotic and purely by impulse :) ;)

No, thanks a lot. I like to challenge myself with different figures and paint-schemes. It keeps me kinda on the edge as I need to focus on new aspects of my painting all the time. Even though I might have the layout in basis colours, I can then challenge myself with, for example, freehand, blending or a different approach to, say, paiting gold.

/vadskær

Alright, I finished this guy late last evening and managed to take a couple of shots of him this morning before leaving for work. It's a DA Deathwing Terminator with thunder hammer & storm shield. No fancy bits, no forgeworld shoulderplates, just a simple GW standard termie. What I really like about him is the dynamic pose which kinda says: bring it b.... :lol:

The base is in resin and from Scibor.

C&C welcome as always!

gallery_37571_3423_12875.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_21852.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_4347.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_4076.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_31586.jpg

Your marines are all very nice, especially your standard Dark Angels!

As for some C&C on this mini:

Pros - The shield, weapon, Crux Terminatus, and chest are all painted very well, it's a really nice even coat.

Cons - Some of the outlining looks a leeeetle thick on the neck and head, but it's pretty mild.

Overall: thunderous.

Also, on a completely unrelated topic: Where did you get your avatar, and where do people get the avatars like it?

Your marines are all very nice, especially your standard Dark Angels!

As for some C&C on this mini:

Pros - The shield, weapon, Crux Terminatus, and chest are all painted very well, it's a really nice even coat.

Cons - Some of the outlining looks a leeeetle thick on the neck and head, but it's pretty mild.

Overall: thunderous.

Also, on a completely unrelated topic: Where did you get your avatar, and where do people get the avatars like it?

Hi Scathainn, and thanks for dropping by :D

When you say outlining, do you mean highlighting? If so, I think the pictures do the model a bit injustice as they are do not seem as "harsh" IRL (or else I'm just pouting :o )

Personally I really like how the chapter badge on his right shoulder came out. First time I had to paint that in red.

The avatar was a generic one I just picked from the B&C when editing my profile :) Can you find them?

/vadskær

Yeah, I meant to say highlighting, not outlining. I'm specifically referring to the edging on the Terminator's neck, it looks a little thick there.

However, I do also have to say the freehand red nearby the Crux Terminatus is very nice (I'm horrible at freehand :rolleyes:).

Yeah, I meant to say highlighting, not outlining. I'm specifically referring to the edging on the Terminator's neck, it looks a little thick there.

However, I do also have to say the freehand red nearby the Crux Terminatus is very nice (I'm horrible at freehand :P).

Ahh, I think I know what you mean now! One point is where the head is glued to the torso, thereby creating a ridge between the head and the neckline. Another point is along the side of the mouth-piece where I think there's a small amount of moldline left (shame on me! ;) ) I must do better on my next mini :lol:

Thanks for the free-hand praise! Remember that although something might seem super-neat you never know how much correction work went into it ;) If you don't get it right the first time, just tidy up the borders. Repeat until it looks spankin'

So, next in store is some basing of some of the other models in this thread, namely the Thunder hammer wielding captain and a green terminator I posted earlier. Besides that I'm nearly done with a heavy bolter wielding devastator marine.

If all goes well they should be ready no later than Sunday.

Since i didn't have the patience to go through the whole thread i am sure this has been said before but anyways...

This is some of the most effective painting i have seen in quite a time. Technicaly quite simple yet so clean and soooo effective its..

;)

This and a great feeling for the model itself concludes it pure awesomenss :)

For example the LR from page 2, just how perfect is this ribbon thing near the front??

gallery_37571_3423_304308.jpg

SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THINGS UNHOLY :) ..... nice to see a fellow dane on the site but the happiness of that does get dimminished somewhat by the happiness one gets by viewing your minis.... i really like the way you painted the ultramarines all dirty-like... just awesome... hope i get to reach that level of expertice someday...

Wow so I haven't checked this thread in a while. The standard bearer champion is simply amazing! That freehand is, as always, well in advance of most of the stuff we see on these forums. I think the difference here, is that the majority of us are guys who paint models. Vad is an ARTIST painting models! No comparison there. I really dig how you can switch between the clean lines on your tanks and certain figures, and then do something new like the worn flamer guy and make it stand out. I'm really curious about what the end result of all these individual figures will be.

Crikey.

Misundelse er en rigtig grim ting....siger jeg til mig selv ;-)

Outstanding job on the Dark Angels and all the others. Truly well done.

Kudos!

And, btw, I am really impressed by the "paragraf" symbol on the shoulder shield of Brother-Captain Stern. Very crisp and clean lines.

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

@ Pizzasemmel: Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the praise! I hope you find the time to look through my thread in its entire length :)

@ Falken: Hey, always nice to get visited by another Dane! Glad you liked my Ultras - I usually don't do a lot of wear n' tear since I like to think that my marines takes care of their armour, but once in a while it's great to try out some new techniques.

@ Vel'Cona: Glad to have you back in for a look and thanks a lot for your praise! Stay tuned for more freehand bonanza

@ Master Ciaphas: Whoa, another Dane stopped by - thanks for checking out my thread! The symbol on Sterns shoulderpad is actually a stylized "S" I got from a caligraphy book my girlfriend has.

Hey all,

Just a quick update before I'm off to bed.

I managed to take som fresh snapshots of two models who's been featured earlier in this thread. Not only is the lighting better but they are also now mounted on painted and sculpted bases, yay!

The first is my thunder hammer charging master, who I've put on a 30mm Scibor base. The second is my DA termie who I decided to try and fit to one of GW's 60mm bases from the basing kit.

C&C welcome as always! Next update will feature a Sternguard Veteran Sergeant.

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_9280.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_25732.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_6935.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_10038.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_4312.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_42087.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_36321.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_36267.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_21126.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_9405.jpg

@ Burias-Drak'shal, Gv0zD, Hedwerx, Zaxter & sword brethren: thanks a lot for all of your comments and praise! It sure helps keeping my motivation high when I know other people also find my work pleasing :lol: I really appreciate the time you took in browsing through my thread.

sword brethren, here's the recipe for the gold:

- Undercoat: chaos black

- Basecoat: 1:1 mix of Shining Gold & Scorched Brown

- Wash with watered down Scorched Brown

- Shining Gold brushed over the basecoat

- Highlight with 1:1 mix of Shining Gold & Mithril Silver

- Wash with Devland Mud

- Wash with Gryphonne Sepia

- Re-highligt with 1:2 mix of Shining Gold & Mithril Silver

Hedwerx, let me know how that beaky turns out! I would be very glad if you would post the results here in my thread ;)

/vadskær

Good evening all,

I've just managed to finish my latest piece: a Sternguard Veteran Sergeant with powerfist and probably the coolest pose EVER to come from a GW metal model! :lol: I really, really like the sculpt of this one and i haven't done the slightest bit of altering to the design. The base is yet again from Scibor, but this time painted in a whitish-marble colour-scheme. The barrel of his bolter is NOT drilled-out yet, as my drill is on loan to a friend of mine for at couple of days, so please ignore that.

Let me know what you think of him ;)

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_30908.jpg

On the scroll on his right shin it reads: LEGIONIS

gallery_37571_3423_12996.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_24138.jpg

On the shoulder scroll it reads: GLORIA * IMP[erator]

gallery_37571_3423_10090.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_12193.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_24629.jpg

@ Burias-Drak'shal, Gv0zD, Hedwerx, Zaxter & sword brethren: thanks a lot for all of your comments and praise! It sure helps keeping my motivation high when I know other people also find my work pleasing :D I really appreciate the time you took in browsing through my thread.

sword brethren, here's the recipe for the gold:

- Undercoat: chaos black

- Basecoat: 1:1 mix of Shining Gold & Scorched Brown

- Wash with watered down Scorched Brown

- Shining Gold brushed over the basecoat

- Highlight with 1:1 mix of Shining Gold & Mithril Silver

- Wash with Devland Mud

- Wash with Gryphonne Sepia

- Re-highligt with 1:2 mix of Shining Gold & Mithril Silver

Hedwerx, let me know how that beaky turns out! I would be very glad if you would post the results here in my thread :)

/vadskær

thanks! ill keep that in mind, i dont even need to buy more paint!

beautiful sterny by the way, the detail is stunning

OOH! The last one is my favorite Sternguard model! And the way it is painted makes it even more cool!

Man, it's awesome, superb, terrific! I do not know enough words to express myself! It's GREAT! I love it! :rolleyes: :tu: :tu:

Ah, I wish current BA Dex would allow Sternguard vets, I'd definitely take them, but......

I'll remember this one, so when new BA Dex is released I'll do my best to make my Sterguard at least as half great as this one.

Again, GREAT WORK!

• 2 weeks later...
OOH! The last one is my favorite Sternguard model! And the way it is painted makes it even more cool!

Man, it's awesome, superb, terrific! I do not know enough words to express myself! It's GREAT! I love it! :) ;) ;)

Ah, I wish current BA Dex would allow Sternguard vets, I'd definitely take them, but......

I'll remember this one, so when new BA Dex is released I'll do my best to make my Sterguard at least as half great as this one.

Again, GREAT WORK!

Hey Gv0zD :)

Thanks a lot for your comments - and sorry about my late reply! I would love to see your future BA work.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Whoa, not much time for painting these last couple of weeks. I did manage to finish one marine though, and I'm working on finishing a rhino, but true to my style I never seem to be able to resist doing some freehand work - and this inevitably (sp) prolongs the process a bit ;-)

Alright, heres my newest marine - a standard Tactical wielding a heavy bolter. Nothing fancy on him except the freehand on both shoulderguards. This marine was actually co-painted by the Missus who did a lot the initial assembly and painting :)

C&C welcome as always...and hopefully soon I'll be able to show you the rhino!

/vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_9088.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_230.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_14993.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_10961.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_22131.jpg

Archived