Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

Dear all,

First of all thank you for checking out my thread. In here I'll post pictures of finished or nearly finished models. I've been painting and collecting 40K since July 2008, but I've painted a lot of 1:35 scale WWII models in my younger years.

For now, I only play, paint and collect Space Marines, but I have plans of starting an IG army sometime during next winter. I mostly paint Dark Angels, but sometimes try out wholly different paint schemes for my marines so you'll also see some non-codex colours in this thread. I also paint a few Daemonhunter models for my friend, so they may also find their way in here.

Comments and criticism is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Vadskær

EDIT 31/3-2009: I need to do some image enhancing before posting more pictures. They come out way to dark. More pictures to follow soon :-)

Your company master looks great, especially liking the banner. And putting the helmet on the base adds a nice feature to the overall model.

Awesome job Vadskær.

Thanks for the replies ^_^ As posted earlier, I will try to get better pictures and do a bigger post of pictures with different views of the model. If you punch the picture up in size you should be able to see some more details in the face. He has a sort of concerned, concentrated look (I bet he's wondering about how he's going to kill all the approaching Nids before his assault squad comes along and steals all the fun :P )

Again, better pictures should do him credit. I only have two hours more before going home from work, so hang in there :P

I found a picture of a model I did for a good friend of mine. Since he has the figure now, it will be difficult to obtain new images in the near future. I will search my home computer for different views though.

Here's a teaser though :tu:

Inquisitor Lord Coteaz with a caved-in Chaos Marine helmet at his feet.

gallery_37571_3423_64497.jpg

Loving the DA company master!

looks very similar to mine, however my main gripe is the face.

Not the painting but the model itself, i didnt use that particular head for the reason that I think it looks very odd. I dont know why exactly, but i just dont think it looks quite right.

but very nice work, looking forward to seeing more

These models look really good. Two great sculpts that you've done justice to. I especially like the gold armour on the Inquisitor model - Would you mind sharing your secret?

Hi Mongrelfish,

Thanks for the reply - the "secret" behind mr. Coteaz' gold armour is the following process:

Undercoat Chaos Black spray

Over all the armour areas do two lightly thinned coats of 1:1 scorched brown and shining gold

Then do two layers of shining gold and wash the crevices with babab black and gryphonne sephia.

Go over the areas again and tidy up with shining gold.

For highlights first do a thinned 1:1 mix of shining gold and mithril silver and then a straight thinned mithril silver.

Hope it was helpful - if not please don't hesistate to ask again :)

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies - I appreciate the comments :)

AnDyzZzoRe - yes, I agree that the sculpt of the face is somewhat strange, but it was still a pleasure to paint and a challenge with his very stern expression.

I went nuts with my camera yesterday evening under a good painting lamp, and here's some shots of one of my newest models, another DA Company Master with Thunderhammer. I'm working on his base, so the one he's shown with here is just a temporary one in order to do the pictures. Therefore he leans somewhat, since he isn't fixed to the base.

Some of the highlights are difficult to see on the pictures, but they are there, neatly applied with a lighter tone of green withour being garrish.

Enjoy :P

gallery_37571_3423_28035.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_15449.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_8557.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_18682.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_24514.jpg

Nice to see a fellow Dane around here :D

And the fact that hes painting really well is great! Good way of representing our country !

Hejsa Sir Clausel

Fedt at "møde" en anden dansker herinde! Hvor i landet er du fra, og har du også nogle as heck dine farvelader udstillet herinde på B&C?

/Vadskær

Hi all

Cool also to see some Danish guys in here :) I appreciate all your comments. For this post I'd like to show a newly done DA terminator sergeant with stormbolter & power weapon. His base is in the works, so I've just put him om a spare one. The white DA symbol on the top also needs a small amout of re-touching but that should be all that's left.

I decided to mix my Deathwing between my standard DA scheme and some pure bone whites. To represent this one's engagement with the Deathwing, I coloured one of his shouldepads in my bonewhite scheme. I decided to give him a clean look, but on some of my future models I'll experiment more with a bit of wear and tear.

I used the arms of the DA-Veteran upgrade sprue and added Forgeworld DA shoulderpads - gotta love the detail in the resin!

Comments and critique always welcome.

Enjoy :D

gallery_37571_3423_40596.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_17327.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_2871.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_8069.jpg

Next up for today is a Tactical Sergeant w. bolter in a Mars-pattern colour scheme. I aimed for a more redish tone, but since i used drybrush for him and his squad, they came out with a more red/orange look which reminds me of the environment and colour from Mars.

This one, and his squad, which will be following, was painted as a batch - somethind that I usually abhore! It's super nice when you're done, but I don't like the process. I'd rather spend hours on end on one or two different models at a time. One thing I do need to redo is drill our his bolter barrel which will hapen this Easter. Anyway I think they came out quite nice.

gallery_37571_3423_29826.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_13388.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_24609.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_5613.jpg

Excellent looking figures!!

Your tac sgt though has a shoulder pad denoting him as a techmarine and another denoing him as an apothecary?

Thanks konskrypt! Yes, I know the shoulderpads are quite wrong, but the model was one of my earliest, and back when I put him together I didn't think much about what was codex-correct. I decided to let him be as he was.

Wow, these are great. I love the Mars marine, do you have any more to post?

Thanks a lot - here's some more :jaw:

First up, a brother marine with a missile launcher and bolt pistol in holster.

gallery_37571_3423_19359.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_16106.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_9536.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_13462.jpg

Second, a brother marine with a flamer.

gallery_37571_3423_27786.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_20797.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_21655.jpg

Archived