Vadskærs Marines

Vadskær

I spy some moldlines on both the flamer guy and missillauncher guy. On the flamer and on the missillauncher holding arm.

That said. This is some great minis! Love the work you have done!

Is the Mars dudes an army or just for fun?

You spy correct Sir Clausel - and even the slightest uneveness comes out when drybrushing :huh:

They where just for fun...I got tired of painting classic Dark Angels, so I made a batch of 5 Mars Marines. I'll post the rest in the following post.

Good evening guys - here's the last of the five DA Mars pattern marines. These two battle brothers are wielding bolters, one of them with a fixed combat knife as a bayonett. Both are on homemade bases.

Enjoy ;)

gallery_37571_3423_8019.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_6575.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_9256.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_16431.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_22818.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_5774.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_8541.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_12803.jpg

Here's my DA Terminator Chaplain with crozius and storm bolter. I'm very pleased about this model and the way it came out. It's a great sculpt and the details are gorgeous. I'm currently waiting on a base from Scibor Monstrous Miniatures to put him on which will do him credit ;)

Even though he's mostly black the details took forever, and I don't even want to think about how many hours that went into him.

I hope you like him!

gallery_37571_3423_37090.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_34142.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_16272.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_42034.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_7994.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_32777.jpg

How do you paint your gold? Its gorgous!

I suppose it's the gold on the chappy you mean?

Here's the recipe: <_<

- Undercoat: chaos black

- Basecoat: 1:1 mix of Shining Gold & Scorched Brown

- Wash with watered down Scorched Brown

- Shining Gold brushed over the basecoat

- Highlight with 1:1 mix of Shining Gold & Mithril Silver

- Wash with Devland Mud

- Wash with Gryphonne Sepia

- Re-highligt with 1:2 mix of Shining Gold & Mithril Silver

/Vadskær

Heres my last post before going on Easter hollidays at my parents. For today I've got my spankin' new Godhammer Pattern Land Raider, which I've just finished!

I've had this model for quite some time, and painted it in all to many stages. Frist, I wanted to do a Crusader pattern, but after working with the Hurricane sponsons for some time, I decided to quit that idea - mainly because of the horrible sculpt on the metal parts. By this stage though, I'd already done the twin linked assault cannons, and decided to keep them and just let them count-as Heavy Bolters.

The theme is Dark Angels with some touches of Deathwing. There's still the odd little highlight left to be done on some armour parts, but that'll wait till after Easter. I'd like your oppinion on wheather I should do some dirt n' grime on it along the tracks and do chipped paint and scratches...ie. battle wear and tear!? I can't decide for myself.

The interior is also painted and I'll try do shoot that another day. Oh, I forgot to mention - the small decorative shields on the sides are campaign victory shields where the LR was fielded.

Enjoy :)

gallery_37571_3423_304308.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_58583.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_86508.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_263836.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_299020.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_157809.jpg

One more for today: here's a Terminator in the colour scheme of the Iron Lords - never mind the lack of fluff and the build :) I used extensive wash on the gold parts to create different tones.

The base is scratch built with various pieces.

Enjoy! C&C welcome as always.

gallery_37571_3423_4212.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_34689.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_33950.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_34861.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_10514.jpg

Hello all,

It's nearly weekend for me, and I thought I'd just post my Ultramarines Sergeant with Boltgun & Powerfist. He's mounted on a Scibor Monstruous Miniatures base and is one of five UM's in a combat squad.

All icons and chapter symbols are of course, hand painted. This was my first attempt at a white helmet and a light grey shading which I think went well. The rest of the squad is to follow.

Enjoy :blink:

gallery_37571_3423_3629.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_3446.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_22374.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_12911.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I like it all! Those Mars pattern marines really caught my eye. They are almost 'generc space marine'. No offense meant, I'v been trying to think of what marine's like that would look like. All in all, really nice.

Hey Capt'n

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the Mars pattern are quite generic, and where batch painted. They where drybrushed, which speeded up the process a lot, leaving more time to do details, freehand and other goodies :P

Hi all,

It's been a while since my latest post here, mainly because I've been busy with everyday life :P Hopefully I'll soon get some more time to paint. I'm just about finished with my first DA sternguard model from the sternguard range by GW, so this will hopefully come up soon.

I've been working a lot on Brother Captain Stern for one of my very good friends, who plays Daemon Hunters. He's the guy I also did Lord Coteaz posted on page one for. I really like the Stern model, and in keeping with my friends colour scheme I kept with a strickt gold scheme for his armour. On the cape I went with a regal purple, as this is the traditional colour for people in power. The sword though, I think I'll re-do! The blade was painted before it was fixed to the model and I don't think the flame-coloured lightning pattern fits well with the rest of the model. I'll probably do something like a Mithril silver blade with a couple of purple washes over it, to tie it together with the overall colour scheme.

I'm really pleased the way the face came out and also the simple armour plate attached to his left arm shoulder guard. I went for a classic gothic lettered S for Stern.

The base is from Scibor Monstrous Miniatures - it had to be flat, since Sterns pose is quite stiff.

Enjoy the pictures - C&C are always welcome.

/Vadskær

gallery_37571_3423_29159.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_46536.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_39548.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_43202.jpg

you are right blade doesn't go with the model's colors. and looks bent? Fatastic model though very well painted. my hat is off to you.

you are right blade doesn't go with the model's colors. and looks bent? Fatastic model though very well painted. my hat is off to you.

Yeah, on the pics the blade does look a little bent, but that isn't the case IRL. Hmm, I don't know what went wrong in the picture-to-B&C process!?

Thanks for the reply :P

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

After some time doing IG, I'm finally ready with a couple of sweet new Astartes models - this time two Dark Angels.

First up is the illustrious Veteran Sergeant Powerfist, who has appeared in numerous games of mine but never with an actual powerfist on the model...but not anymore :P The model is of course the limited GW web-only Space Marine which I managed to purchase though eBay.

gallery_37571_3423_34299.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_20254.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_10768.jpg

Next is a model that I've just finished this evening - a Ravenwing biker mounted on a resin ancient ruins base from Scibor. This is actually my first finished Ravenwing model, and I'm really pleased about how it came out. The model is kept fairly simple without loads of add-ons or funky freehand. Just the basic, which keeps it nice n' crisp.

gallery_37571_3423_2539.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_2062.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_793.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_3163.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_23014.jpg

gallery_37571_3423_1073.jpg

C&C always welcome - enjoy! :)

/Vadskær

Great marines Vadskærs, really nicley presented. I particulary like the red marines, almost the colour scheme i will have mine when i have time to paint. What is the colours/steps to getting such a rich red dark red. You mentioned they were drybrushing. Thanks

Stunning work! I especially love your termies and red space marines!

Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it comming from such a good painter as yourself (I love your Wolf Sternguards!)

My red-ones do seem to be quite popular :lol:

the bone on the power fist marines helmet is amazing! what is your recipe?

your dark angels are looking awsome mate

Hi Chris :lol:

The bone-white helmet was a result after trying to do a pure white helmet on one of my Sternguards (gotta remember to post him - he ended up pretty cool!). I had difficulties getting a clean white coat, so I decided to try the method I use on my Deathwing:

Undercoat Iyanden Darksun

Basecoat Desert Yellow

Coat Bleached Bone in thin layers until you have an even coverage.

Shade with Devlan Mud wash

Tone up highpoints on helmet/object with first 1:1 Bleached Bone to Skull White and thinned with a little water

...add a little Skull White and do another highlight

Final highligt is just thinned Skull White on the highest points/areas

Once you have the bleached bone coat it goes really fast. Shade with the wash and do the highligts in the consecutive stages in one go as the paint has enough time to dry for you to add a little more white to the mix and go again :)

I just wanted to say that I love your guys here, particularly the Mars Pattern DA. The red is rich and full and the detail level increidible. This is the standard that I hope to someday reach.

Hi Silver Phoenix

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The Mars Pattern is actually quite simple - see below for a guide to it :lol: Hope you give it a try and I'd love to see the results!

/Vadskær

Archived