Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Khorne/Undivided

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

dont take a las pred , if you want lascanons in chaos you use oblits.

Tell me how I can get 3 Obliterators for the cost of a Predator and I'll take them instead.
Stolen from rodmillard on Warseer
The right to bear arms makes only slightly more sense than the right to arm bears.
Look what I did:
QUOTE (traitor_dice @ Oct 27 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*flys through the air*

"nogoodrottenspinelesswarp-dwelling traaaaaaaaiiiiiitooooooorrrr......"

*crashes to the ground unconcious*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Take 2 Oblits. Use the 15 points for something else.

Obliterators are great really.

Use autocanon w/ heavy bolters setup for the pred. If you have the points use a havoc launcher too.
Thats the only pred setup worth using.

Edited by Zhukov, 06 April 2009 - 10:04 AM.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

Tell me how I can get 3 Obliterators for the cost of a Predator and I'll take them instead

you mean money or pts ? as usefulness goes[am sure it was done a thousend times] , a predator get stuned and you have 0 lascanons [for 160pts] . to fire all 3 you are more or less an immobile bunker. oblits are smaller so easier to hide easier to get cover still have 4 wounds and +2 save. predators do nothing against horde . oblits have plasma canons . 3 lascanons are all nice as anti tank .... in 4th ed , in the 5th there is +4 cover everywhere on everything[unless its something huge like defilers ] when you use static fire power like preds [its harder to get stuff against ouflanking/deep striking units] . best anti tank right now is not lascanons , but meltas and mulit meltas [as LR meta] and multi shot weapons on fast moving tanks/walkers [chaos doesnt have those , but tau or eldar do] .

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts
I mean money wise - I was being serious, I'd much rather have Obliterators over a Predator, but they're too expensive money wise..

Edited by eyescrossed, 06 April 2009 - 10:00 AM.

The right to bear arms makes only slightly more sense than the right to arm bears.
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
I maked Oblits myself. 6 termis and a lot of bits (including assault canons, plasma etc. to make them wysiwyg according the officicial models.

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

I maked Oblits myself. 6 termis and a lot of bits (including assault canons, plasma etc. to make them wysiwyg according the officicial models.

Well that doesn't really help my situation or answer my original question.
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

janekk

janekk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 33 posts

I think it helps greatly to solve your situation, you pickup 2-3 cheap poorly painted termies (preferably with fists) on ebay or other place (be it chaos or loyalists), get some green stuff or equivalent and make use of bitz lying here and there, glue every gun you can find to them and then cover it all with green stuff, use hobby knife or other tool to do some basic sculpting, prime it and paint it. Quite easy to do and cheap at it.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

I think it helps greatly to solve your situation, you pickup 2-3 cheap poorly painted termies (preferably with fists) on ebay or other place (be it chaos or loyalists), get some green stuff or equivalent and make use of bitz lying here and there, glue every gun you can find to them and then cover it all with green stuff, use hobby knife or other tool to do some basic sculpting, prime it and paint it. Quite easy to do and cheap at it.

But I don't have any heavy weapon bits lying around, plus I can't use greenstuff.
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Well I figured that a person w/ 1923 posts should play 40k for some time maybe haha. Not that it has to be though.

But if you havent got money for Oblits, nor bits. Well maybe Santa will give you some Oblits next Christmas! (hoping he is not a loyalist player, he wont give you any if so)

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

Well I figured that a person w/ 1923 posts should play 40k for some time maybe haha. Not that it has to be though.

But if you havent got money for Oblits, nor bits. Well maybe Santa will give you some Oblits next Christmas! (hoping he is not a loyalist player, he wont give you any if so)

I have played 40k for ages, it's just this is the first time I've played Chaos/Imperium - how can I get Autocannons and Plasma Guns from Eldar, Daemons or Tyranids?

Edited by eyescrossed, 07 April 2009 - 02:02 AM.

Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
well its nice to mention in the beginig of your first post that those are your only models .see the thing is that without stuff like rhinos etc chaos just plain doesnt work .
a 5 man tank with a single melta gun isnt so scary for transports and it does almost nothing against squads or MC/Walkers . your a nids player ask yourself would a 5 man squad with a melta[lets say the dakka fexs and dakka tyrant were busy an the unit still actually has the melta] is going to stop you from taking an objective? how much do you skimers fear a single melta gun. as a player of eldar you also know that the best way to counter eldar shoting tanks in the 4th was to stun their tanks [it was borderline impossible to destroy them] . now the predator is not a skimer its more or less imobile , if it wants to shot with all weapons , it doesnt have spirit stones nor the field .

generally my advice is . if you already have 2 working armies and cant support a third one [aka cant buy working stuff] dont start to play with the 3ed army.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

well its nice to mention in the beginig of your first post that those are your only models .see the thing is that without stuff like rhinos etc chaos just plain doesnt work .
a 5 man tank with a single melta gun isnt so scary for transports and it does almost nothing against squads or MC/Walkers . your a nids player ask yourself would a 5 man squad with a melta[lets say the dakka fexs and dakka tyrant were busy an the unit still actually has the melta] is going to stop you from taking an objective? how much do you skimers fear a single melta gun. as a player of eldar you also know that the best way to counter eldar shoting tanks in the 4th was to stun their tanks [it was borderline impossible to destroy them] . now the predator is not a skimer its more or less imobile , if it wants to shot with all weapons , it doesnt have spirit stones nor the field .

generally my advice is . if you already have 2 working armies and cant support a third one [aka cant buy working stuff] dont start to play with the 3ed army.

I can support it, it's just I blew all my money on those specific things. Also, those aren't my only models - I'll tell you what I currently have, and you can make changes according to what you see fit. Oh, I'm really considering getting Obliterators.
I have the Battleforce, 5 Terminators, the Khorne Lord and the Terminator Lord.
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Well I would advise you giving the Khorne lord some possesed wings and make him less khorny so: he can be used as an undivided lord w/ deamon weapon. Either that or make him a bit nurgle to use him as a nurgle lord.

To keep it short: dont use him as a bloodfeeder lord and give him wings so that model is not wasted. Termies are always nice to have.
8 berzerkers are nice.
A full Csm squad nver hurts and if you 'convert' the possed into csm like some of us said earlier in this thread well, that leaves us only w/ the termi lord.
Personally I bought the termi lord too (doh) but I put him on a normal 25mm base and gave him wings too. Giving him a bolt pistol or twin lightning claws or whatever weapon you want, he doesnt look like a termi lord anymore.

that way none of your models is wasted. Next thing(s) I advise you to buy: 2 rhinos (you should be able to get your hands on some cheap rhinos not? I owned 4 and none were bought normally) and some oblits:

I will try to help you making some count as Oblits with very little work put into it: Use 3 termies of your box for termies and give them power weapons and combis(meltas prefarbly, you have to make yourself some more).
With the leftover 2 termis, give them (chain)fists and combiflamer/heavy flamer. Then put some milliputi/greenstuff etc on the model and stick some weapons on it (ask locals if they have some leftover weapons for example: lasscanons from a predator tank, leftover weapons from land speeders, plasma etc.). You should use the sergeant head and some leftover sergeant head from your csm's as heads.
Its not that hard.

O and you should have 1 fist left in the termi box you can maybe use to give a champ in the squad a fist. Well maybe its just me but I'm cutting and glueing so much you dont want to know how my models look like :D

Is it legal to use selfmade Oblits btw on GT's if the models have to be WYSIWYG?
anyone know this?

Edited by Zhukov, 07 April 2009 - 08:47 AM.

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

Well I would advise you giving the Khorne lord some possesed wings and make him less khorny so: he can be used as an undivided lord w/ deamon weapon. Either that or make him a bit nurgle to use him as a nurgle lord.

He has a Khorne face mask and his axe is a giant Khorne symbol. He's staying Khorne whether I want him to or not.

Next thing(s) I advise you to buy: 2 rhinos (you should be able to get your hands on some cheap rhinos not? I owned 4 and none were bought normally)

No, I don't believe I could get my hands on some cheap Rhinos. I wish I could.

I will try to help you making some count as Oblits with very little work put into it: Use 3 termies of your box for termies and give them power weapons and combis(meltas prefarbly, you have to make yourself some more).
With the leftover 2 termis, give them (chain)fists and combiflamer/heavy flamer. Then put some milliputi/greenstuff etc on the model and stick some weapons on it (ask locals if they have some leftover weapons for example: lasscanons from a predator tank, leftover weapons from land speeders, plasma etc.). You should use the sergeant head and some leftover sergeant head from your csm's as heads.
Its not that hard.

Yeah... Nobody in our group has bits like that whatsoever - they all either do infantry heavy (or LR heavy) Space Marines, or don't collect Space Marines. Or Imperial Guard.

Edited by eyescrossed, 07 April 2009 - 04:01 PM.

Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Pfff well I havent got much more advise left. Its looking to me that

1. You are not willing to put some effort in things, or
2. You are very unlucky w/ your friends/people playing against in that they have no things you can get your hands on cheaply

I'm hoping for the second, but a combination of the two seems very possible too.

Edited by Zhukov, 07 April 2009 - 04:24 PM.

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

Pfff well I havent got much more advise left. Its looking to me that

1. You are not willing to put some effort in things, or
2. You are very unlucky w/ your friends/people playing against in that they have no things you can get your hands on cheaply

I'm hoping for the second, but a combination of the two seems very possible too.

*Face-palms* I'm willing to put work into it, it's just nobody in my gaming group has any of those bitz. Oh, also, I'm a 14 year old kid, I can't get a job, and Warhammer isn't cheap.
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Ah okay, wasnt my intention to offend you in the first place, sorry if I did so.

Well then I wish you good luck w/ the progress of your army in the future!

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts

Ah okay, wasnt my intention to offend you in the first place, sorry if I did so.

No, it's fine :lol:

Well then I wish you good luck w/ the progress of your army in the future!

Thanks ;)

I came up with a new army list to use against Eldar. This very day, in fact. Here it is:

HQ: Terminator Lord with Chainfist – 135

Khorne Lord with Bloodfeeder, Personal Icon and Plasma Pistol – 160

Elites: 5 Terminators with Icon of Chaos Glory, 1 Powerfist, 1 Chainfist, 1 Combi-Flamer, Heavy Flamer and Champion with 2 Lightning Claws – 215

Troops: 10 Chaos Space Marines with Icon of Chaos Glory, Heavy Bolter, Plasmagun and Champion with Powerfist – 225

10 Chaos Space Marines with Icon of Chaos Glory, Plasmagun, Heavy Bolter and Champion with Powerfist – 225

8 Khorne Berzerkers, Champion with Powerfist – 208
Rhino with Extra Armour – 50

Fast Attack: 5 Raptors with 2 Meltaguns and Champion with 2 LCs – 160

Heavy Support: 2 Obliterators – 150

Obliterator – 75

Defiler with 4 CCW150

1753 Points

More C&C please (don't worry - I won't bite your head off this time :P )
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
If you look at page 1, I wrote a little summary (forgotten?). So you can see yourself what I'm thinking of this list and unit setups.

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts
Whoops! Forgot about that :P
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts
I had a battle with the list above today against Eldar, and I pulled a win.

Some notable bits from the battle include:
-the Khorne Lord butchers a unit of Guardians, then assaults a pair of War Walkers. Guess what happens? SPLAT!
-the Terminator Lord avenging his partner by obliterating the 2 War Walkers, before being sniped by a Fire Prism.
-the Terminator Champion staying in combat with a unit of Rangers for 3 rounds without hurting a single xenos.
-Raptors got pinned and didn't accomplish anything besides killing 3 Dire Avengers and a unit of Swooping Hawks, plus an Autarch.
-Obliterators were a great success. Until the Avatar charged them :o
-Defiler didn't get into combat, but did blast a Vyper and some infantry to nothingness.

It was a blast, but I agree with a lot of your points, including the one about getting more Rhinos. I really need more.
Look what I did:
*flys through the air*