Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Okay I fellt it was time to share another list with you guys:
'
Hq
Deamon prince 150
-MoN

Elite
Dread 100
-2 DCCW

Dread 100
-2 DCCW

Termicide 105
-3x Combimelta

Troops
7 Plagues 256
-rhino, champ w/ fist, 2 meltas

7 Plagues 246
-rhino, champ w/ fist, 2 flamers

8 Berzerkers 243
-rhino, champ w/ fist

Heavy Support
2x Oblits 150
2x Oblits 150

I like to experiment some more games with Dreads, in one of my next games I will try them out with Plasma canons, but for now its 2x DCCW.

Comments please!

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

eyescrossed

eyescrossed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts
Hmm... It looks pretty solid, I'm just pretty new to Chaos.
I can't really see any problems with it, it looks good :P
Stolen from rodmillard on Warseer
The right to bear arms makes only slightly more sense than the right to arm bears.
Look what I did:
QUOTE (traitor_dice @ Oct 27 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*flys through the air*

"nogoodrottenspinelesswarp-dwelling traaaaaaaaiiiiiitooooooorrrr......"

*crashes to the ground unconcious*

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,152 posts
Its a nice list.

Have you thought about trying a cult type list. I don't consider them powerplay but they can be competitve.
There are no Deamons in 40k

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
You mean pure Khorne or Deathguard for example? Well I considered it, but that would make me buy all sorts of things again, and I dont have the cash for it at the moment. (I'm working on another project: Imperial Guard)

You can ask me anything.

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,152 posts
Yep thats what i mean.
There are no Deamons in 40k

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts
Well, everytime I try to bring back dreads, I get burned, but other then that it loks pretty good.
To me PM's seem custom made for plaz though, and you don't have any.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Hmm wel I tried plasma, A lot, but I dont like it that much anymore. Against vehicles is does not that much and against infantry, well you know cover saves all over the place. And they are 15 points a piece so not really cheap either. Sure they have more shots and range but I'm almost always on the move so for me its more shots only. And I dont think its good enough for that. I'd rather have meltas so I can charge if I want too.

Well after the discussion about how Dreads Fire frenzy works, I'm a believer they shoot at the closest thing within their 45 degrees arc from their weapons, so that actually makes them good enough for me. Even good enough to try them w/ plasmacanons I say. And I was bored with playing the same lists over and over so I'm throwing in some other stuff.

You can ask me anything.

chillin

chillin

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,574 posts

Well after the discussion about how Dreads Fire frenzy works, I'm a believer they shoot at the closest thing within their 45 degrees arc from their weapons, so that actually makes them good enough for me.

to me the biggest thing isn't that they shoot my own guys (although that does suck) but the bigger problem is that they stand still when you need them to move, or run off in a direction other then where you want them.
But good luck with the list.

nurglez

nurglez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
I believe, its is commonly assumed that dreads have a 360 sight range, only their weapons have 45 sight range...But thats for another forum.

I wouldnt run a prince without wings, its just a no no, add on warptime, and while slightly more expensive, way more killy.

Also, you have termicide, but no icon to safely DS them.

The plague marine squads i agree with, they deserve either 2 melta or 2 flamers, plasmaguns are so 4th edition nowdays ^_^

I really enjoy using dread's too, though, with plasmacannon's, you really runt he risk of giving yourself a bad day. Though the one bonus of fire frenzy is that you roll for it in the moving, but dont shoot until the shooting phase, so it gives you time to move squads away, or to run a rhino nearby to absorb the fire.

Not sure where you would get the points for my suggestions, but thats all they are ;)

janekk

janekk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 33 posts

I wouldnt run a prince without wings, its just a no no, add on warptime, and while slightly more expensive, way more killy.

Also, you have termicide, but no icon to safely DS them.

The plague marine squads i agree with, they deserve either 2 melta or 2 flamers, plasmaguns are so 4th edition nowdays :(

I really enjoy using dread's too, though, with plasmacannon's, you really runt he risk of giving yourself a bad day. Though the one bonus of fire frenzy is that you roll for it in the moving, but dont shoot until the shooting phase, so it gives you time to move squads away, or to run a rhino nearby to absorb the fire.

Its with wings (I'm sure he didn't wrote it down as its pretty much standard gear for them anyway ;) ) because points are for winged prince with MoN.

I don't like termicide (but I'm biased here ;) ), I actually tried them in couple of games since everybody here loves them and it just doesn't works for me, usually they come too late and that vindi I wanted to blast was destroyed by csm already (which would be better of cooking infantry with twin flamers), scatter too far, too close, get misplaced by mishap and for rest of game do nothing etc.

Actually dreads aren't as bad as most people imply, sure rolling couple of 1 can ruin your day but with 2 DCCW's they have very nice number of attacks and on contrary to rolling 1 rolling 6 can be very helpful. Still I wouldn't take any shooting weapon, especially plasma cannon, their main strenght is number of high strenght attacks in CC, for shooting there are oblits. This combination should work very well, enemy has to decide if he wants to be hacked or shooted to death, decisions, decisions... ^_^

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Nah it has wings of course. I dont give them warptime if I run one prince. 1 prince dies before he reaches combat or only with 1 wound left. So if he charges something in cover he dies sometimes too.

Tested this list 2 times against 2 different marine players. Both were wins.

Tried both Dread setups (close combat, plasma) and well hmm.... they werent that great. I want them to be good, but to be honest they arent. For competative play just use more resilient units even with the 'new' rules. (which arent probably even allowed on tourneys anyway).

Well as most of you can guess, the rest of the list works of course perfect. Standard setups which are totally safe choices while being very good nonetheless.

To make this list 'really' good, I'll add another Prince w/ wings, Mon and warptime. Warptime on the other prince too. But that was my standard 1500 list anyway so.

Hmm bit dissapointed though, I'm testing all kinds of different lists now but none of them look nearly as good as the more standard list. But today I will have another run: this time with thousand sons and a scorcerer in it. Devastator squad as well! But I'm not complaining I'm still winning all of my games, but for a more serious tourney setting just go w/ the standard units and probably dont bother w/ wacky units like dreads, possesed and thousand sons.

You can ask me anything.

nurglez

nurglez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
Dont get me wrong about dread's, I love them, I have 2 dreads actually glued up together/painted, a forge world one waiting for me to get my act together and sort it out, and about 2 more in pieces...

I prefered the old rules for fire frenzy/blood rage, as on the charge, a blood frenzy 2 ccw dread used to get 6 attacks or so, which was much better.

Only way i run dread's now is with 2 ccw's, or with 1 ccw and a missile, but as my current army is totally mechanised, i dumped them for a vindicator.

I still stand by that if you only use 1 prince, you should still give him warptime, If he is dying that early on, maybe you are using him differently from me, but mine either dies middle of the game, or lasts til the end, though I use mine as a counter to vehicles/MC's, so he either hangs back, or hides behind my land raider.

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Yep then we use our princes different. If I take 2 w/ warptime I'll do my best to keep them living. If I take 1 w/ MoN his main purpose is drawing fire and maybe to get 1 (counter)charge off. Dont know against who you are playing, but if you can keep 1 prince alive in 1500 against competent players, well kudos to you.

You can ask me anything.

nurglez

nurglez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
well, my current list is 1500 plaguefist army

Landraider and vindicator are big targets. so prince can hide behind the landraider, or run off hiding behind terrain etc.

I dont play in clubs, jus against a small group of friends (chaos, daemons, nids, DH and some noob ork players), though i am intending to get my stuff glued up (i have all the models, just my PM are in bits at the mo), and then take it to my LGS for some games against people i dont know.

Though, as said, i use my prince as a counter, or as a fire and forget missile, depending on what the opponant brings.

Edited by nurglez, 07 April 2009 - 12:19 AM.