Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 pts Emperor's Children

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Kaldanesh

Kaldanesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster and looking for any helpful suggestions/criticisms regarding my fledgling emperor's children army that I've recently started playing. I play mostly friendly games against primarily MEQ opponents (necrons, thousand sons, loyalist SM) but we're pretty competitieve with each other. Not really a tourney guy and I tend to be a bit of a fluffmonger with regard to army construction (i.e. I don't like to use other Marked Cult Troops) alongside my EC.

Anyway here goes:

Daemon Prince
MoS,Lash, wings

Sorcerer
MoS, Lash, melta bombs

5 Terminators
Champ with single LC, combiflamer
1 heavy flamer, chainfist, 3 combi meltas, power weapons, icon of slaanesh

8 Noise marines
1 bolter (ablative wound)
6 sonic blasters
1 blastmaster

8 Noise Marines
1 bolter (ablative wound and I don't really want to build more sonic blasters :) )
6 sonic blasters
1 blastmaster

9 Noise Marines
noise champ with power fist, doom siren
8 bolters
Rhino

10 CSM
Champion with power fist, combi melta
7 bolters
2 meltas
Rhino

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,355 posts
First off, ablative wounds don't really excist any more with the current rules.

Second, not too sure about putting power fists on noise champs. Cancels out their 5 initiative.

Other than that, looks ok to me.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Kaldanesh

Kaldanesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
true that regarding the ablative wounds. I guess if I had more than one bolter guy it might make a difference. well I guess that 40 points can be better spent elsewhere. Regarding the champions, I ran power weapons (for the higher Init) on these before and found them to not be as universally useful, especially when smacked in the face with a walker or something. Maybe power weapons and melta bombs is the way to go.

Edited by Kaldanesh, 04 April 2009 - 06:57 PM.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
too many mc in todays enviroment and bombs do zero against them . hth squads still have to run around with fists . my view hth NM units are know I find them very much sub optimal .

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."