Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000 pt Khorne Daemons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

mikekhorne

mikekhorne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
Am about to play my first 1000pt game and have come up with the following list. What do people think?

Grinder+phlegm

Prince + Ironhide, Might, Strike, MoK

Thirster+Might

2x Bloodcrushers

2x10 Bloodletters

I also have another Thirster,10 Hounds and Karanak

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Well you dont have the models, but I would like to see another bloodletters squad. 3x 8 or something like that. Maybe drop both Mights and strike for example?

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
The prince doesn't need death strike, you shouldn't be shooting with him and a single S7 shot isn't good enough for the points you pay. Otherwise good build, nice and cheap while still being able to kill tanks.

Do NOT drop might from the 'thirster, the base cost of a 'thirster for most competetive players is 275 (you get blessing too). Two bloodcrushers tend not to do very well, so I'd drop them and get some more bloodletters, two units is in but they need to be in larger numbers, 12-24 is good. You'll probably have points left over, but right now I can't think how to spend them.

minigun762

minigun762

++ PHYSICUS DEMENTER ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,981 posts
For what you have its pretty good I say.

I'd like to see you drop the Bloodcrushers for Bloodletters (more scoring units) but since you can't do worry about it.

You MIGHT have enough points to drop in a 2nd Bloodthirster. That would be just mean, but you'd have to lose the Daemon Prince, Bloodcrushers and possibly Phlegm so its a bit of a gamble.
Posted Image

mikekhorne

mikekhorne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
Thanks for the advice guys.

I should have known better and got troops first, as my eldest son has been playing for 10ish years but I got carried away by the 'pretty' stuff and thanks to FW looks like I'm going to have to get another Daemon Prince :D

2nd Thirster is just outside points but has been suggested drop Crushers for Hounds