Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 tournament list

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

LordNerich

LordNerich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
I want to try something new, I usually run a footslogging army with a crazy amount of fire power designed to table the opponent. It's never lost, but i don't think it will cut it at the next level of tournaments. So i wanted to try something a bit more mobile. The idea for this army came out of a joke made at the Chicago Battle Bunker. Where Slaanesh goes, Nurgle follows (think about it). So heres the list, i have no idea if its enough power, being a footslogger im used to having more dakka.

2 lash sorc 250

9 nurgle
2 melt
champ
fist
rhino
combi flamer
possesion
Total 332

9 nurgle 207
2 melt
champ
fist
rhino
combi flamer
possesion
Total 332

10 marines 150
Slaanesh
champ
power weapon
2 plasma
rhino
possesion
total 285

defiler
reaper -> cc weapon
total 150

defiler
reaper -> cc weapon
total 150

2 oblits 150

greater demon 100

grand total 1749

please critique and help me adjust this list. Theres no deadline or anything id just like to get something new up and running.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts
yes it is a joke army specially considering its for a tournament.

things you dont do .
1. you dont put possesion on rhinos , they blow up anyway and post turn 1 they should be used to block LoS or block charges[what means they die ] possession makes them cost too much.
2. you never ever take 10 man csm squads with icon of nurgle . in fact you never take icon of nurgle at all . the only unit that comes to "for fun"[this for me , doesnt work , but may give few opponents a hard time] are bikers . If you want nurgle you take 7 max 8 man PM squads. 2 specials and a fist. if those are pm squads there then there are too big .

3. icon of slanesh doesnt make csm good in hth . against a lot of armies[orks, IG, WH, eldar..upps forgot nids and necron] it does nothing and against meq the icon of khorn has a better kill ratio . also IoS makes me believe you want to use that unit for hth [why take the IoS as it does nothing in shoting phase?] and then you give them rapide fire plasma to stop them from assaulting when they are in charge range?
4. you do not use a GD.. ever . It looks cheap , but it aint . It doesnt fly [slow range] , it pops a champ what means it cost is 100+csm+champ upgrade +fist . not worth it specially as it makes the scoring unit that is near the enemy weaker in hth .

5. you do not take reapers on defilers . they cost a lot of pts for 2 shots with pseudo 4 bs. better take a hvy flamer , if you really want a weapon on it . But generally you have to live with the fact that AV12 vehicles die [specially huge ones that never get cover] and if they lose the battle canon its better to charge then hope that two auto canon shots do something.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

LordNerich

LordNerich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
1)i upped the extra armor to possesion cause i had a few points left over, or do you not even advise taking extra armor?

2) yes they are plague marines, and does adding one more nurlge detract that much from overall performance? (this is an honest question, not trying to be like i think your wrong haha)

3)/4) as for the icon it was so that i at least had some slaaneshy type troops so opponents wouldn't question why two slaanesh sorcerers were leading a nurgle army. and the Gd was going to pop out of this champ so as not to waste a fist. since this is apparently a bad plan what would you advise doing with all of those points instead?

5) perhaps i typed it odd but i meant to say i was exchanging the reaper autocannon for an extra cc weapon.

thanks for your input so far, as always more is appreciated ;)

Zhukov

Zhukov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,363 posts
Listen to the advise which was given you by Jeske. Its all true.

Extra armour is not worth the points on rhinos either.

I lol'ed a bit about the part :
'so opponents wouldn't question why two slaanesh sorcerers were leading a nurgle army'

Haha they'll still question it as Lash is in the Top 3 of most hated things in 40k. One slaanesh icon doesnt justify the use of double lash (fluffwise). Not that is has to though. Just use what you want.

Edited by Zhukov, 06 April 2009 - 08:21 AM.

I'm open to messages if you want help or advice from me.

You can ask me anything.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,518 posts

as for the icon it was so that i at least had some slaaneshy type troops so opponents wouldn't question why two slaanesh sorcerers were leading a nurgle army. and the Gd was going to pop out of this champ so as not to waste a fist. since this is apparently a bad plan what would you advise doing with all of those points instead?

yeah people will whine about lash no matter what you do [well maybe in a pure NM] .
as the GD goes . how can you be sure that this one champion is going to be alive and how can you be sure that exactlly that unit is going to be where you want it to be ? also a csm asp champion +power weapon isnt much cheaper then a GD and the cost is still almost the same as that of 2 oblits or DP.

as the 9 man pm squad goes . if you take 7 man squads and drop the GD you can take an extra squad.[dedicted objective camper].

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

LordNerich

LordNerich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
ok so the new list is now

2 lash sorc 250

7 nurgle
2 melt
champ
fist
rhino
combi flamer
Total 266

7 nurgle
2 melt
champ
fist
rhino
combi flamer
Total 266

7 nurgle
2 melt
champ
fist
rhino
combi flamer
Total 266

10 marines
champ
fist
2 melt
rhino
twin linked bolter
total 250

defiler 1
reaper exchanged for cc weapon
total 150

defiler
reaper exchanged for cc weapon
total 150

2 oblits 150

any improvements for this? (and thanks for all your help so far jeske, and others)

Edited by LordNerich, 07 April 2009 - 01:48 AM.